Unjust Deserts: Cities move to ban dollar stores, blaming them for residents’ poor diets

There are more Dollar Stores than Dunkin Donuts

these are like strip clubs, my friends!

Unjust Deserts

So let me see if I understand..... You hate the large chain stores like walmart and such. And none of these store will even operating in this poor, crime infested areas.

So the one store that does, and provides some jobs, few as they might be.... you want to ban.

Instead of dealing with the crime, which is a government duty, and instead of trying to encourage people to better themselves, to work towards a higher income, instead of building society up....

You want to ban what little these people have.

How is this logical again?

There are some good things in those stores. But you have to choose wisely. What quality meat do you think you are going to get for a buck? There are internet sites where people test the products.

There are some good things in those stores. But you have to choose wisely. What quality meat do you think you are going to get for a buck? There are internet sites where people test the products.
No real meat. It's all highly processed sausage type meats. My second husband lived on dollar store food. It's all he bought. He also died young.

I don't know what these stores have to do with diets. To me, people are going to eat whatever they want to eat no matter where it comes from.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I shop at Family Dollar all of the time. Don't always want to go to a big store like Walmart, its great as the parking is close to the door, and the store isn't very huge.

Because Family Dollar locates in Ghettoes and other depressed areas, its really convenient for the destitute masses that live in those areas, many of whom are car-less.

Forum List

Back