Update: DNC ratings for Night 2 up 55% over RNC

Well, what is the significance of the difference?

National polling pretty much says that the Democrats and Republicans are pretty much even in preference...within the statistical margin of error. So obviously, the viewership of the respective conventions "don't mean shit" when it comes to voter preference.

Neither convention had any electoral significance, which used to be the whole purpose of the things, so in my view the only reason to watch was morbid curiosity, or possible interest in what a particular speaker might have had to say.

I personally can't think of any significance whatever to the viewership numbers. Could it have something to do with what programming was available elsewhere?

"Citygator," you brought it up. There is no correlation with actual voter preferences, so WTF? Who cares, and why? You apparently think that it has some electoral significance, but the numbers don't indicate that. In fact, until the Harris woman actually has to speak coherently in something other than a friendly venue, none of it means anything. Any jag-off can read what someone else has written from a TelePrompter. Do you disagree?

The convention ends, Harris still hasn't spoken off-prompter, and we have her food price fixing and the jobs report to deal with.

Democrats are trying to sell "vibes". Vibes don't put food in your stomach.

It is a total annihilation. There were 55% more viewers for the DNCs second night than the GOP's after a 21% increase over the first night. Plus Trump is talking to about 27 people up the road from me in tiny Asheboro not to be confused with his little crowd in Asheville last week. Trump and the GOP are utterly unpopular.

According to analyst Michael Mulvihill, the overnight ratings for night two, from seven combined networks, indicate the DNC had 11.9 million viewers for the 10 p.m. – 11:45 p.m. ET timeline. This compared to the RNC’s second night — which had 7.7 million for the 10 p.m. – 11:15 p.m. ET timeslot — is a 55% increase.

This is an even more drastic difference than night one, which featured a 21% increase of DNC watchers over the RNC’s viewership.
Of course when you have stars and entertainers there. Who is generating those ratings? Surely not Kakakamala and Walz.

Forum List

Back