US auto industry kaputz???

archangel said:
I fell into this trap myself over the years...even bought Japanese autos..they are of a great copy product...In my more sensitive years I choose to support the bringing back of US Superiority...thats all! :2guns:

your more sensitive years? There was a time of a more kinder, gentler arch? Do tell.

The ClayTaurus said:
your more sensitive years? There was a time of a more kinder, gentler arch? Do tell.

My kids and grandkids call me the "Old Fart"...hard earned title young'n! :eek:
and by the way I am kind and gentle when it is deserved!

archangel said:
My kids and grandkids call me the "Old Fart"...hard earned title young'n! :eek:
and by the way I am kind and gentle when it is deserved!

Ok so, you don't think it's unpatriotic to buy a foreign car.

Next simple question:

Do you think that quality will suffer if Americans in general promise to only buy American cars?

The ClayTaurus said:
Ok so, you don't think it's unpatriotic to buy a foreign car.

Next simple question:

Do you think that quality will suffer if Americans in general promise to only buy American cars?

see my pic in pics...I am a Mustang...what can I say..No BS here just call em like I see em! :2guns:

The ClayTaurus said:
How is it a loaded question?

I would bet dollars to donuts that ya are a really nice kid...however if I have to explain the saying "loaded Question" well I am so sorry....enough of this banter...get to your point...PLEASE!

archangel said:
I would bet dollars to donuts that ya are a really nice kid...however if I have to explain the saying "loaded Question" well I am so sorry....enough of this banter...get to your point...PLEASE!

I just wanted an answer to my question.

If you said yes (that quality would suffer) then we would agree.

If you said no (that quality would not suffer) then I would ask why you thought that.

Arch, I'm just asking simple questions. I'm not trying to do debate gymnastics around you. You say you're a simple no-nonsense guy, so how about giving that kind of an answer once and awhile?

The ClayTaurus said:
I just wanted an answer to my question.

If you said yes (that quality would suffer) then we would agree.

If you said no (that quality would not suffer) then I would ask why you thought that.

Arch, I'm just asking simple questions. I'm not trying to do debate gymnastics around you. You say you're a simple no-nonsense guy, so how about giving that kind of an answer once and awhile?

I was not great in gymnastics as a kid...so to answer your question..to buy foreign is akin to Pearl Harbor...if ya get this old farts drift...history can teach us all a lesson..what else can I say?

archangel said:
I was not great in gymnastics as a kid...so to answer your question..to buy foreign is akin to Pearl Harbor...if ya get this old farts drift...history can teach us all a lesson..what else can I say?

I don't get your drift, I guess. I was clear about what I was asking, why can't you be clear about your answer? Why do I need to catch your drift? Come on, be straightforward! I don't understand the Pearl Harbor comparison, so will you clarify or re-phrase? I know what happened at Pearl Harbor, but how it relates to buying a car, I don't get.

The ClayTaurus said:
I don't get your drift, I guess. I was clear about what I was asking, why can't you be clear about your answer? Why do I need to catch your drift? Come on, be straightforward! I don't understand the Pearl Harbor comparison, so will you clarify or re-phrase? I know what happened at Pearl Harbor, but how it relates to buying a car, I don't get.

The Japanese bought our exports of scrap metal for years prior to WWII..then turned them into "Zeros" and Battleships...then attacked Pearl harbor..then again ya probably flunked US History 101..what can I say!...Bye Bye non fly guy! :2guns:

archangel said:
The Japanese bought our exports of scrap metal for years prior to WWII..then turned them into "Zeros" and Battleships...then attacked Pearl harbor..then again ya probably flunked US History 101..what can I say!...Bye Bye non fly guy! :2guns:

I'm not dense at all. You're making a comparison where Japanese bought something from us vs. us buying something from the Japanese. Just come right out and say what you think will happen if we buy Japanese cars, that's all I want! No metaphors, no historical connotations. Just a simple, what would happpen answer. I've made my question very clear at your request, why can't you just come right out with what you're trying to say in your answer?

The ClayTaurus said:
I'm not dense at all. You're making a comparison where Japanese bought something from us vs. us buying something from the Japanese. Just come right out and say what you think will happen if we buy Japanese cars, that's all I want! No metaphors, no historical connotations. Just a simple, what would happpen answer. I've made my question very clear at your request, why can't you just come right out with what you're trying to say in your answer?

Be my guest buy whatever ya want and I will continue to buy US..I'ts that simple....I made it perfectly clear as to why and what I do...if ya want to spend your easy dollars on Japaneses or Korean products so be it...I could care less..it's your money and your headache now....I will die driving US autos..thats all....do what and whatever ya want! :2guns:

archangel said:
Be my guest buy whatever ya want and I will continue to buy US..I'ts that simple....I made it perfectly clear as to why and what I do...if ya want to spend your easy dollars on Japaneses or Korean products so be it...I could care less..it's your money and your headache now....I will die driving US autos..thats all....do what and whatever ya want! :2guns:

You still didn't answer the question though? Why don't you want to give a clear answer? I'm not looking to hold anything against you, I'd just really like a straight answer from you, that's all.

The ClayTaurus said:
You still didn't answer the question though? Why don't you want to give a clear answer? I'm not looking to hold anything against you, I'd just really like a straight answer from you, that's all.

I was very straight-forward as to why and what I do...go back through my posts and answers to ya...if ya want to buy foreign...so be it... I already fought my war after my parents and grandparents....we all make mistakes...if ya want to continue down the path...well have fun!...Everything in life has a price.!

You didn't answer the question, just stalled long enough to be able to tell someone to go back and find an answer through all your rambling. But I see you're getting upset now, so I'll leave it alone.

gop_jeff said:
Just don't buy a Kia. Trust me on this one.
Who owns Kia? :eek:

In October 1998, Hyundai was named the winning bidder for 51 percent of our parent company, Kia Motors Corp.

Where are Kias built? :cry:

Kia's sold in the U.S. are built at the Hwasung and Sohari plants in South Korea.

What does Kia mean?

The word Kia has origins in the Chinese language with the first syllable, ki, meaning to "arise or come up out of." The second part of the word, a, refers to Asia. So when you put it all together, Kia means to "arise or come up out of Asia.

>> so that they can overthrow the US...

Are jobs available at Kia?
>> jobs ain't in da US, mus be overdare!!!

Current job listings are posted at Kia Jobs.

No jobs for lazy US swine,, must be willing to relocate to Asia and eat fish head soup three times day. :boohoo:

DON'T know. I want to stay with American cars, but don't appreciate bad transmissions at 36000 miles. Don't like having my Dodge's computer fart and gasp after a rain storm, nor not knowing how much gas is in my tank because the sender has been defective (probably a bad ground wire) since day 1. Two dealers can't/won't fix it.

Mercedes isn't what they use to be... :-(( Mine has been a good value for the 16 years I have had it.. No more than a 1000 bucks to keep it running. It will fall apart before it stops running... Rust and vibration, the main enemies to a 240d

Working Man said:
Who owns Kia? :eek:

In October 1998, Hyundai was named the winning bidder for 51 percent of our parent company, Kia Motors Corp.

Where are Kias built? :cry:

Kia's sold in the U.S. are built at the Hwasung and Sohari plants in South Korea.

What does Kia mean?

The word Kia has origins in the Chinese language with the first syllable, ki, meaning to "arise or come up out of." The second part of the word, a, refers to Asia. So when you put it all together, Kia means to "arise or come up out of Asia.

>> so that they can overthrow the US...

Are jobs available at Kia?
>> jobs ain't in da US, mus be overdare!!!

Current job listings are posted at Kia Jobs.

No jobs for lazy US swine,, must be willing to relocate to Asia and eat fish head soup three times day. :boohoo:

I got the Kia because it was the cheapest car I could get, at a time when I needed a cheap car. Now I know better. I'll buy a Honda next time. :D

Actually, I don't particularly care where the car is made, as long as it runs well (which Kia doesn't, which is why I won't buy another one) and is relatively inexpensive.

The ClayTaurus said:
Dump the whole thing. The American design process results in such a neutered car, a big shake-up is needed. Doing what you suggest would be a nice start, at least.

uh?? C6??? Viper???? Panoz??? Neutered? Part of the problem is society drinking the KoolAide of the State Patrol and other agencies who preach 'speed kills' and the popular belief - which is SO rarely countered by LEA's - 'I can drive in whichever lane I want, as long as I'm going the speed limit.

No - design isn't the problem. dont get me started. :)

Forum List

Back