US panel backs trial for anthrax vaccine on children

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
No. It's not a conspiracy theory. I wish it were. From the BBC. A very trusted news source.

Look what Obama's administration has in store for your children. Cue freaking twilight zone music because this is wild that they would contemplate this.

A US presidential commission has paved the way for testing an anthrax vaccine on children, prompting criticism that participants would be "guinea pigs".

But the bioethical issues report said researchers would have to overcome many hurdles before conducting any trial.

Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius must decide whether to act on the paper's recommendations.

An earlier biodefence commission said in 2011 that a vaccine should be developed for children.

The National Biodefence Science Board said at the time that any such study would need approval from a bioethics panel first.

One anthrax vaccine, BioThrax, is available for sale in the US. Drug-maker Emergent BioSolutions reported $215.9m (£142.8m) in sales of the vaccine in 2012.
Video-game scenario

Panel chairwoman Amy Gutmann said: "We have to get this precisely right," speaking at a news conference on Tuesday.

She added that "many significant steps would have to be taken" before a trial on children would be allowed to proceed.

More at this link:

BBC News - US panel backs trial for anthrax vaccine on children

An Obama “Ethics Panel” Approves Testing Anthrax Vaccine In Children, Including Infants

by Tammy
March 19, 2013

anthrax-e1363720596875.jpg

Gee, I guess Obama’s peace and love unicorn-laden Garden of Eden ain’t so much. I’m curious to see your thoughts on this. Which infants will be used for testing? Will testing primarily affect the poor who may need money so desperately they’ll volunteer their children? My issue is, I so don’t trust the government at this point, not only about their agenda, but about actually getting something like this right. Everything the Fed touches these days seems to go awry, so it makes me very, very, nervous.

Test of anthrax vaccine in children gets tentative OK

A presidential ethics panel has opened the door to testing an anthrax vaccine on children as young as infants, bringing an angry response from critics who say the children would be guinea pigs in a study that would never help them and might harm them.

An Obama ?Ethics Panel? Approves Testing Anthrax Vaccine In Children, Including Infants « Tammy Bruce

obama-comforts-crying-baby.jpg

Tell you what.

If they want to test children with an anthrax vaccine, I have no problem with it whatsoever if they test the children and grandchildren of Democrat Senators and Congressmen.

If they want to test an anthrax vaccine on the children and grandchildren of Obama's White House staff, by all means do so.

If they want to test an anthrax vaccine on the children and grandchildren of Ed Schultz and other left wing talkers, no problemo.

Give 'er.

But line up the spawn of liberals first. Test progressives children and grandchildren and I have no issue with it.

Oh and if you have not a problem with it, why don't you volunteer any children or grandchildren in your family to be guinea pigs?

You know. You freaking first.

Last edited:
An Obama “Ethics Panel” Approves Testing Anthrax Vaccine In Children, Including Infants

by Tammy
March 19, 2013

anthrax-e1363720596875.jpg

Gee, I guess Obama’s peace and love unicorn-laden Garden of Eden ain’t so much. I’m curious to see your thoughts on this. Which infants will be used for testing? Will testing primarily affect the poor who may need money so desperately they’ll volunteer their children? My issue is, I so don’t trust the government at this point, not only about their agenda, but about actually getting something like this right. Everything the Fed touches these days seems to go awry, so it makes me very, very, nervous.

Test of anthrax vaccine in children gets tentative OK

A presidential ethics panel has opened the door to testing an anthrax vaccine on children as young as infants, bringing an angry response from critics who say the children would be guinea pigs in a study that would never help them and might harm them.

An Obama ?Ethics Panel? Approves Testing Anthrax Vaccine In Children, Including Infants « Tammy Bruce

obama-comforts-crying-baby.jpg

I just went back and re read the original article. Good grief this all began over a video game.

How crazy are the people running this asylum eerrrrrr administration?

Catch this.

The chairwoman said striking the right balance of keeping children safe while understanding what a safe dose of the vaccine might be, made this "one of the most difficult ethical reviews a bioethics board has ever conducted".

Some activists said the Presidential Commission for the Study of Bioethical Issues should have rejected the idea of a trial on children altogether.

Vera Sharav, founder of the Alliance for Human Research Protection, said a trial would cause "moral harm" to the nation and suffering for children.

The issue came up in 2011 when a video game called Dark Zephyr portrayed an anthrax attack on a city modelled on San Francisco. It posed the question of whether children should be vaccinated in the event of an attack.

BBC News - US panel backs trial for anthrax vaccine on children

:cuckoo:

Obama Bioethics Council OKs Anthrax Vaccine Testing on Kids

by Wesley J. Smith
3/20/13

I can’t imagine President Bush’s Council on Bioethics ever countenancing this, but President Obama’s bioethics advisory commission has given conditional approval to test anthrax vaccine on children! From the Reuters story:

This is non therapeutic testing in that the children are healthy and their lives and health will be put at risk. Children could definitely be harmed in these tests:

So who’s children will be put forward as the guinea pigs? If they go forward, I suggest the first to volunteer be the children or grandchildren of the council members. I’ll bet there would be no takers.

Obama Bioethics Council OKs Anthrax Vaccine Testing on Kids | LifeNews.com

obamababy-400x237.jpg

Forum List

Back