US Public is Fairer than US Foreign Policy

By Akiva Eldar
Published 00:33 18.11.11
Israel carried out a de facto annexation of Palestinian land northeast of the Jordan Valley and given it to Kibbutz Merav. Merav, part of the Religious Kibbutz Movement, is about seven kilometers northwest of the parcel.

The route of the separation barrier in the area was changed so that the plot in question, about 1,500 dunams (375 acres), would be on the Israeli side.

Israel effectively annexes Palestinian land near Jordan ValleyIsrael News - Haaretz Israeli News source

That is not actually annexed then so no harm done, and no laws broken

From what I posted in another thread...

GENEVA — Israel has pursued a creeping annexation of the Palestinian territories through the creation of Jewish settlements and committed multiple violations of international law, possibly including war crimes, a United Nations panel said Thursday, calling for an immediate halt to all settlement activity and the withdrawal of all settlers.

And you like all the other ISLAMONAZI PROPAGANDISTS have yet to actually show that there have been any breaches of the Geneva conventions. That panel has no power and just spouts ANTI JEW words because they can

Another Putin wannabe I see.

If someone made the same remark about the holocaust you would have a hairy fit!

Just because so far they have gotten away with something illegal, doesn't make it right.

If someone gets away with robbing a bank, that means we can all do it?
Another ignoramus joins the forum. Israel acquired the land in a defensive war against five Arab nations, which by the way was supposed to be part of Israel in the first place. Now the Arabs want a do over, well they can't have it.

No UN resolution ever gave Jerusalem to Israel. Israel is an illegal occupying power in violation of Geneva Conventions and UN resolutions.

More ANTI SEMITIC NAZI words that are illegal in the USA. Not one ISLAMONAZI PROPAGANDIST has proven those claims. Now your true beliefs are coming out

Another Putin wannabe I see.

If someone made the same remark about the holocaust you would have a hairy fit!

Just because so far they have gotten away with something illegal, doesn't make it right.

If someone gets away with robbing a bank, that means we can all do it?
Another ignoramus joins the forum. Israel acquired the land in a defensive war against five Arab nations, which by the way was supposed to be part of Israel in the first place. Now the Arabs want a do over, well they can't have it.

Another stupid remark . Lets make a simple comparison. . You're minding your own business and someone tries to rip the Gold Chain off your neck .You fight for your property and maybe even your life and in the process rip a chain off His Neck . Are you LEGALLY bound to give it back to him ? The answer is obviously " NO".

LEGALLY you are, but he would look a right fool in court when he demanded the return of the gold chain. He would most probably be arrested and sentenced for his attack and the gold chain would be part of your compensation.

Another stupid remark . Lets make a simple comparison. . You're minding your own business and someone tries to rip the Gold Chain off your neck .You fight for your property and maybe even your life and in the process rip a chain off His Neck . Are you LEGALLY bound to give it back to him ? The answer is obviously " NO".

LEGALLY you are, but he would look a right fool in court when he demanded the return of the gold chain. He would most probably be arrested and sentenced for his attack and the gold chain would be part of your compensation.

I agree . Compare my analogy to the 67 War. They initiated the War in a attemp to destroy Israel and confiscate their land. If they had Won Israel would not exist. They lost and demanding their " land" ( It's not even theirs) back ? :lol:

A poll by the Zionist Organization of America vs. one by Zogby International??

No: a poll taken this year vs one taken before 9/11/01
Perhaps you should have looked more closely at the date on Mr Fawaz A. Gerges' interpretation of the Zogby poll: 09/03/01

And of course there's the possibility that American foreign policy is being formulated by people with access to more and better information concerning the state of affairs in the ME...... (one certainly hopes so!)

Not to mention the fact that if you insist on being dubious about a poll by 'American Zionists' - you are inviting criticism of any poll by Zogby. (Although they do have a solid reputation, there is that little matter of 'owner bias' which YOU raised.....)

Of course, this is merely an 'analysis' of some studies, and not the actual study data itself. I'd like to know - as I always do! - exactly how it was set up and exactly how the questions were worded.

No UN resolution ever gave Jerusalem to Israel. Israel is an illegal occupying power in violation of Geneva Conventions and UN resolutions.

More ANTI SEMITIC NAZI words that are illegal in the USA. Not one ISLAMONAZI PROPAGANDIST has proven those claims. Now your true beliefs are coming out

You are a freaking broken record. I am so very much sick of hearing the words antisemitic. People don't like Jews. Get over it. People don't like Muslims or Christians either. Get over it. People don't like Israelis. Boo hoo. People don't like Americans or Russians or the French either. So what????

And nothing I have said is illegal in the US because our free speech is protected!!

I agree . Compare my analogy to the 67 War. They initiated the War in a attemp to destroy Israel and confiscate their land. If they had Won Israel would not exist. They lost and demanding their " land" ( It's not even theirs) back ? :lol:

Keeping captured lands is a violation of the Geneva Conventions.

Great, so when are Arabs going to give back all the lands they invaded.

That would be lands captured from another signee to the Conventions.

That would be lands captured from another signee to the Conventions.

Can you link us to the part that says that? Thanks.

Dufus, American public support for Israel has always been high, both on a govt. and public level.

Seems like Abdul Mac. is a few French Fries short of a Happy Meal.
Would that be a Halal Happy Meal? ;-)
It's always hallal if you have it with a side of Israel or Jew hate. And for dessert they get a hallal hotdog.

Can you link us to the part that says that? Thanks.

Bin dun here a dozen times the past 2 years. Look it up yourself. :cool:

I looked it up before I responded to that post and there are no such words.

You're looking in the wrong places. A legal opinion:

TOSS THE TRAVAUX?
APPLICATION OF THE FOURTH GENEVA CONVENTION TO THE MIDDLE EAST CONFLICT-A MODERN (RE)ASSESSMENT
DAVID JOHN BALL
... At the center of the human rights discussion stands the Fourth Geneva Convention, an international agreement codifying certain rules of war designed to protect civilians caught in the midst of conflict.
The bulk of the literature calls for Israel's application of the Fourth Geneva Convention and hones in on methods for Convention enforcement. In this Note, however, David John Ball argues that the Final Record of the Diplomatic Conference from the drafting of the Fourth Geneva Convention, or the travaux preparatoires, makes clear that the Convention does not apply to nonstates. The Note undertakes a close reading of the travaux and finds that the widely accepted interpretation of the Fourth Geneva Convention contained in the Pictet Commentary cannot justify its application in the Middle East context. Specifically, the travaux reflects that the drafting states' concerns over sovereign rights following World War II led to a disconnect between the Convention's allegedly humanitarian aim of protecting civilians above all else and its capability to do so in all situations.
Instead, the drafting states neither intended nor created a treaty capable of application to the complex situation existing in the Middle East. The unique history and prolonged occupation of the region, given the statements contained in the travaux, reveals that the Fourth Geneva Convention is not applicable to the conflict between Israel and the nonstate entity commonly known as "Palestine." This Note concludes that eliminating incorrect assumptions about the applicability of the Fourth Geneva Convention is crucial to making progress toward political and legal resolutions to the conflict.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...AdSbELWpskMIutqw-aqFvtA&bvm=bv.68191837,d.cWc

Last edited:

Forum List

Back