US woman killed hours after sister attended Barack Obama gun violence speech

She was killed in Chicago.

Hey. Doesn't Chicago have some of the toughest gun law in the country??

Thought so.

Except she wasn't killed in Chicago.

Is there something about being liberal that makes you incapable of making a statement without lying by either omission or commission?
She was killed in North Chicago, a suburb nearby. A place that has exactly the same laws as Chicago.

She was killed in Chicago.

Hey. Doesn't Chicago have some of the toughest gun law in the country??

Thought so.

Is there something about being liberal that makes you incapable of making a statement without lying by either omission or commission?
She was killed in North Chicago, a suburb nearby. A place that has exactly the same laws as Chicago.

Maybe you shouldn't comment on something you don't have a clue about. Illinois allows it's cities, towns, villages, etc. to have laws more strict than state law. Chicago has a handgun ban while North Chicago doesn't.

Are you really that dense that you think every municipality within a state has the same laws? Wait, don't answer that. I already know the answer.

Why on earth is there a 'cool' face as the thread icon?

Speaks volumes on how the OP and others like him treat these sorts of things.

Gives em a good chuckle maybe.

I had a friend die from a drunk driver after his sister stood in the crowd at an MADD event. Never made the news.

Maybe you shouldn't comment on something you don't have a clue about. Illinois allows it's cities, towns, villages, etc. to have laws more strict than state law. Chicago has a handgun ban while North Chicago doesn't.

Are you really that dense that you think every municipality within a state has the same laws? Wait, don't answer that. I already know the answer.

Gawd are you fuckiung stupid. Stupid and clueless is no way to go through life, s0n.
High court strikes down Chicago handgun ban - CNN
And take your pitiful neg rep and shove it.

Gawd are you fuckiung stupid. Stupid and clueless is no way to go through life, s0n.

You know nothing about Chicago so just stop talking about it, please. The handgun ban was overturned but what is now in effect is basically a ban.

Chicago makes it as difficult as possible to own a handgun. Chicago has also banned semi-automatic weapons, assault weapons and magazines over a certain size. Again, Chicago and North Chicago do not have the same laws regarding firearms.

You know nothing about Chicago so just stop talking about it, please. The handgun ban was overturned but what is now in effect is basically a ban.

Chicago makes it as difficult as possible to own a handgun. Chicago has also banned semi-automatic weapons, assault weapons and magazines over a certain size. Again, Chicago and North Chicago do not have the same laws regarding firearms.

So I am sure you can detail the differences in their laws here. Cite sources.

I'll do your work for you since you are the one that originally made the claim that both municipalities have the same laws without backing it up with any sources. No surprise there.

North Chicago

Municode

Go to Title 8, Section 24
You'll find weapons under 9 and discharge of firearms under 10.

Chicago

American Legal Publishing

Go to Title 8, Sections 20 and 24
You'll see numerous laws here. I'm not going through them one by one but Chicago's laws dwarfs those of North Chicago.

Last edited:
Right. There is no effective difference between the two in practical terms of owning and carrying a firearm.
Thanks for playing.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back