🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

VA psychiatrist tells gun owner to off himself

I was reading about this awhile back. VA shrinks doing their best to antagonize their gun owning clients. When the vet reacts to the provocation, the VA shrink then recommends the vets firearms be taken away.

Cause the vet is a menace to himself and others, ya know.

He didn't say this to some volatile patient. He said it to an anonymous person on the internet who he knows won't take his comment seriously. There is no reason he should be fired.
So a certified psychiatrist suggest someone "off himself." and he shouldn't be fired. How low do your standards go?

Wow, people, show a little grace. After all, Mr. Gorton did say, "please."

I'm tired of people taking fire on their jobs for non-work related comments or actions. A figure of speech was used in the heat of the moment. Get over it. Much worse happens on the USMB.

Full disclosure: NRA member, gun owner, patriot.
Much worse happens on the USMB. Surely! BUT the man is a psychiatrist entrusted with the mental care of veterans. He is obviously imbalanced and biased against the very people under his care. At the very least, he should be fired and have his license revoked.

Wow, people, show a little grace. After all, Mr. Gorton did say, "please."

I'm tired of people taking fire on their jobs for non-work related comments or actions. A figure of speech was used in the heat of the moment. Get over it. Much worse happens on the USMB.

Full disclosure: NRA member, gun owner, patriot.
Much worse happens on the USMB. Surely! BUT the man is a psychiatrist entrusted with the mental care of veterans. He is obviously imbalanced and biased against the very people under his care. At the very least, he should be fired and have his license revoked.

If he wrote a book that extolled the virtues of gun owners offing themselves or went on a national lecture tour proclaiming the same, I'd agree. A three word post on Facebook? I just don't buy it. And again, he did say "please."

He was known to be a VA psychiatrist. He recommended a man kill himself and you think that's OK?
You're a box of rocks.

Perhaps I didn't understand the details of the situation. Are you saying that a psychiatrist was treating a patient, and, during the course of this treatment, recommended that the man commit suicide? That's just horrible.

I thought Mr. Gorton was simply on-line, engaged in a public discussion with other random individuals. His "off yourself, please" response in this context would be just a top-of-the-head, immature statement, probably due to this inability to advance a coherent argument. Sort of like calling someone a box of rocks.

Forum List

Back