Van Halen at the 1983 US Festival in San Bernardino, California.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Eddie, Alex, Michael and David in their prime.

Rest in peace sir.

1602040124359.png

Last edited:
That was the coke and booze talking.
He's still naturally crazy though judging by the latest interviews.
And his performing is terrible now.

I dunno, he sounded rather coherent to me. Kind of matter of factish. I particularly agree with his last line there, In fact I live by the principle. Ha. Did you also catch that line about the Germans? lolol.

Good ol Diamond Dave. That's one cool cat right there, really a good personality, he made early Van Halen what it was, in my view.

But, yeah, agreed, he doesn't have much left of his singing voice these days. He is, after al, a senior citizen, now.

Eddie had more fun with Sammy on stage.

I definitely liked the Sammy Hagar era records better than the older stuff. It's just better music. The older stuff was just too noisy for my tastes. But I liked Dave's antics, so, it evens out in that way I suppose.

Sammy had problems with the Van Halen brothers, too. Especially with Eddie. He said he was just a miserable person. He said Eddie hated him. Think he wrote a book about it.

I dunno, he sounded rather coherent to me. Kind of matter of factish. I particularly agree with his last line there, In fact I live by the principle. Ha. Did you catch that line about the Germans? lolol.

Good ol Diamond Dave. That's one cool cat right there, really a good personality, he made early Van Halen what it was, in my view.

But, yeah, agreed, he doesn't have much left of his singing voice these days. He is, after al, a senior citizen, now.
Well Terry Bradshaw doesn't try to play QB anymore.
DLR should give this up...
Vegas, Jan., 2020....song starts @ 8:30

I definitely liked the Sammy Hagar era records better than the older stuff. It's just better music. The older stuff was just too noisy for my tastes. But I liked Dave's antics, so, it evens out in that way I suppose.

Sammy had problems with the Van Halen brothers, too. Especially with Eddie. He said he was just a miserable person. He said Eddie hated him. Think he wrote a book about it.

I saw them in 1982 - the energy level was amazing
in that time period. -

Gare awn teed, though, the real fun was on the audience side of a Van Halen concert, outside no less...at night...in 1983? Pffft. Wish I was there back then.

Van Halen played all over the Sunset Strip but their breakout performance that propelled them onto the strip was at a place called the Starwood Theater on Santa Monica Blvd......

I have the Montrose album with Halen and Sammy it was a good album.

Forum List

Back