Vending machines dispense ammunition at two Alabama grocery stores: How they work

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Better keep them out of Birmingham......God Bless America! ;)

Meh, I'll stick to buying ammo without getting my face scanned.

YIVX66E7UNG57CDDQIU7DZCD5A.png

Two grocery stores in Alabama currently have an automated vending machine that dispenses ammunition.

American Rounds markets an automated ammunition dispenser which uses artificial intelligence technology to verify a buyer’s identification and age through card scanning and facial recognition software.

The buyer inserts their photo ID, and the machine conducts a 360-degree scan to match it to the ID card.

The machines can currently be found at Fresh Value locations in Tuscaloosa, at 4200 McFarland Blvd., and Pell City, 1009 Martin St. The company plans to expand to other locations in Alabama as well, according to CEO Grant Magers.

Better keep them out of Birmingham......God Bless America! ;)

Meh, I'll stick to buying ammo without getting my face scanned.

YIVX66E7UNG57CDDQIU7DZCD5A.png

Two grocery stores in Alabama currently have an automated vending machine that dispenses ammunition.

American Rounds markets an automated ammunition dispenser which uses artificial intelligence technology to verify a buyer’s identification and age through card scanning and facial recognition software.

The buyer inserts their photo ID, and the machine conducts a 360-degree scan to match it to the ID card.

The machines can currently be found at Fresh Value locations in Tuscaloosa, at 4200 McFarland Blvd., and Pell City, 1009 Martin St. The company plans to expand to other locations in Alabama as well, according to CEO Grant Magers.
Interesting concept .. it would be nice if our voting machines had the same requirements with an id card and scan to match.

This is great - the Japanese sell whisky in vending machines, we sell ammo.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is an ammunition vending machine.

1720601065979.png

It's in a grocery store.

It's made by a company called American Rounds.

They have machines in Oklahoma, Texas, Colorado, and Alabama, with more to come.

Capitalism in action. :p

You can buy the ammo if you're over 21 and your face matches your picture ID.

(HEY, that's just like voting!) :)

Between the ammo machine and the Trojan rubber machine in the bathroom, a feller could have a pretty good time in Oklahoma, Texas, Colorado, and Alabama.

A company has installed computerized vending machines to sell ammunition in grocery stores in Alabama, Oklahoma and Texas, allowing patrons to pick up bullets along with a gallon of milk.

I can imagine this company making a lot of money off this. I wonder if they will go public, I would buy stock in this company

Forum List

Back