Violent criminals are just a myth, until they aren't and you need a gun to stop them.

Would we have so many "violent gun offenders" if you didn`t help them acquire guns?

Criminals steal guns or get people to break the law to get guns, and then, when they are caught, the democrats let them out again and again...... the only ones driving the gun crime rate in the U.S. is the democrat party.

Your claim that criminals only get guns by criminal means is pretty stupid.
Well that’s the only way they can, because it’s illegal for violent criminals to own firearms

I've yet to be shown why bad guys don't buy guns from strangers who aren't required to have background checks performed on the people who buy their guns. That is the gun nut claim, but never any proof.

Because, when they are actually interviewed in actual research on the topic they tell the researcher they are afraid the guy selling the gun will be a cop....that is why they steal their guns or use friends and family who can actually pass a background check, buy the gun for them....which means that by stealing the gun, they wouldn't need to worry about a universal background check, and if their baby momma buys the gun for them she will pass a universal background check.

The anti gunner leadership knows this....they also know that if they require people to get background checks for private sales, they create a gun registration list, since the gun store doing the check has to keep a record of the gun and the transfer....

you guys only want background checks to register guns....

Really? You haven't presented a link to a credible study, or indicated who exactly was interviewed, or how many were interviewed. Why not?

Such a dumb statement. You think the only thugs are the ones who have lost their right to own guns. Without universal background checks, anybody can buy all the guns they want with no problem.

Universal Background Checks won't stop criminals and you never can show why you think they would. Criminals who murdered 11,004 people in 2016 had no problem getting guns with current, federally mandated background checks, so universal background checks won't slow them down.

What universal checks do? They allow morons like you to register guns so you can confiscate them later.

Yes, that is your talking point. Stupid, and wrong, but your talking point still.

You haven't been able to show it is wrong but you keep pretending that you have..... you are a moron.

Yes, we are coming for your guns. All of your guns. We are coming in black choppers in the dead of the night, all dressed in black with our faces painted black. We have already put in the cameras in your house, in your bedroom and even your bathroom. We know when you are sleeping and hacked the codes of your security system. When you weren't there, we replaced your dogs with our own highly trained dogs who act exactly like yours. We may wait until you are in deep sleep or taking a good healthy crap when we come in. So sleep tight, have a loose sphincter.

Of course, we are only coming for your guns but I get to keep mine and so do the majority of the rest of America.

At the 1:58 mark on the video, your buddies finally can't keep the lie going anymore and admit they want to ban all semi automatic rifles, pistols and shotguns...and in truth, all guns....

You should be afraid. Be very afraid.

Progressives do not get to say what other people do with their firearm ownership

You're right. You hide behind that gun all you think you need to.------coward.
What will YOU do to protect your family when an armed burglar breaks into your home?

I don't need to be armed at a little league ball game to protect my family if someone breaks into my house.
You can't answer my question?

I'll do what you, or most anybody else would do. I'll make a quick assessment to determine the level of danger, and pray that I'm right as I eliminate that danger. Good chance that I would use a gun to do that. I certainly wouldn't shoot someone who was backing off. I won't be there to protect my home if I'm out at a store somewhere, so using the excuse of being armed to protect my home would be a lie at those times.
Protecting yourself is protecting your family. Who will protect them if you're dead.

You're right. You hide behind that gun all you think you need to.------coward.
What will YOU do to protect your family when an armed burglar breaks into your home?

I don't need to be armed at a little league ball game to protect my family if someone breaks into my house.

I'll do what you, or most anybody else would do. I'll make a quick assessment to determine the level of danger, and pray that I'm right as I eliminate that danger. Good chance that I would use a gun to do that. I certainly wouldn't shoot someone who was backing off. I won't be there to protect my home if I'm out at a store somewhere, so using the excuse of being armed to protect my home would be a lie at those times.
Protecting yourself is protecting your family. Who will protect them if you're dead.

So you are in fear for your life 24/7? You should talk to a therapist.

You only fear for your life while at home. You should speak to your spouse.

I suppose I could go with the gun nut plan. The director of Gun Owners of America is on video saying he is all in for this program.

I suppose I could go with the gun nut plan. The director of Gun Owners of America is on video saying he is all in for this program.

You already admitted to owning guns, nutter.

Criminals steal guns or get people to break the law to get guns, and then, when they are caught, the democrats let them out again and again...... the only ones driving the gun crime rate in the U.S. is the democrat party.

Well that’s the only way they can, because it’s illegal for violent criminals to own firearms

I've yet to be shown why bad guys don't buy guns from strangers who aren't required to have background checks performed on the people who buy their guns. That is the gun nut claim, but never any proof.

Because, when they are actually interviewed in actual research on the topic they tell the researcher they are afraid the guy selling the gun will be a cop....that is why they steal their guns or use friends and family who can actually pass a background check, buy the gun for them....which means that by stealing the gun, they wouldn't need to worry about a universal background check, and if their baby momma buys the gun for them she will pass a universal background check.

The anti gunner leadership knows this....they also know that if they require people to get background checks for private sales, they create a gun registration list, since the gun store doing the check has to keep a record of the gun and the transfer....

Really? You haven't presented a link to a credible study, or indicated who exactly was interviewed, or how many were interviewed. Why not?

I have posted those links in the past..... you have seen them, but since they refute what you beleive, you pretend not to have seen them.

And? How does that discredit anything else that I said?

I have posted those links in the past..... you have seen them, but since they refute what you beleive, you pretend not to have seen them.

Sorry, but I don't keep track of everything a gun nut might post. If you've got a credible link, then show it.

Here.... a starting point for your education...notice.... a left wing news source...

How dangerous people get their guns in America

That first retail sale was most likely legal, in that the clerk followed federal and state requirements for documentation, a background check and record-keeping. While there are scofflaw dealers who sometimes make under-the-counter deals, that is by no means the norm.

If a gun ends up in criminal use, it is usually after several more transactions. The average age of guns taken from Chicago gangs is over 11 years.

The gun at that point has been diverted from legal commerce. In this respect, the supply chain for guns is similar to that for other products that have a large legal market but are subject to diversion.

In the case of guns, diversion from licit possession and exchange can occur in a variety of ways: theft, purchase at a gun show by an interstate trafficker, private sales where no questions are asked, straw purchases by girlfriends and so forth.

What appears to be true is that there are few big operators in this domain. The typical trafficker or underground broker is not making a living that way but rather just making a few dollars on the side. The supply chain for guns used in crime bears little relationship to the supply chain for heroin or cocaine and is much more akin to that for cigarettes and beer that are diverted to underage teenagers.

You call people names for doing what you do.

Sorry, but I don't keep track of everything a gun nut might post. If you've got a credible link, then show it.

Here you go.....an actual study...

https://bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/fuo.pdf

Where criminals get their guns......

Purchased from friends and family....39.6

Street purchase/illegal source.....39.2

Total... 78.8% from Friends and family and illegal street buys....

Purchase from gun stores = with background check..... 8.3%

Gun show = with a background check... 0.7%

Here.... a starting point for your education...notice.... a left wing news source...

How dangerous people get their guns in America

That first retail sale was most likely legal, in that the clerk followed federal and state requirements for documentation, a background check and record-keeping. While there are scofflaw dealers who sometimes make under-the-counter deals, that is by no means the norm.

If a gun ends up in criminal use, it is usually after several more transactions. The average age of guns taken from Chicago gangs is over 11 years.

The gun at that point has been diverted from legal commerce. In this respect, the supply chain for guns is similar to that for other products that have a large legal market but are subject to diversion.

In the case of guns, diversion from licit possession and exchange can occur in a variety of ways: theft, purchase at a gun show by an interstate trafficker, private sales where no questions are asked, straw purchases by girlfriends and so forth.

What appears to be true is that there are few big operators in this domain. The typical trafficker or underground broker is not making a living that way but rather just making a few dollars on the side. The supply chain for guns used in crime bears little relationship to the supply chain for heroin or cocaine and is much more akin to that for cigarettes and beer that are diverted to underage teenagers.

Big deal. Purchasing without a required background check is a major way thugs get guns. How is that link showing that they aren't buying them from individuals or family members who aren't required to do a background check for their sales?

I don't prance around 24/7 with a gun strapped to me. What is it you think I do that I call other people names for?

So friends and family are their most common source for guns, an area that is specifically prevented from requiring a background check. Add to that all the street sales from individual sellers, another group that is specifically prevented from requiring background checks, and you have more than half of all guns purchased by thugs that should be required to have background checks, but aren't, thanks to the efforts by the NRA. So far your links fail to make your point.

I don't prance around 24/7 with a gun strapped to me. What is it you think I do that I call other people names for?

Being a gun nutter. At home, anyway. :)

So friends and family are their most common source for guns, an area that is specifically prevented from requiring a background check. Add to that all the street sales from individual sellers, another group that is specifically prevented from requiring background checks, and you have more than half of all guns purchased by thugs that should be required to have background checks, but aren't, thanks to the efforts by the NRA. So far your links fail to make your point.

Moron.....their friends and family get background checks to buy the gun, you moron, then they knowingly pass the gun to a known criminal...that is against the law, and both of them already know it...so universal background checks are not going to stop them....

Are you really this stupid?

Nope. There are lots of gun owners. I'm one. A gun nut is an entirely different thing. They are cowards.

Nope. There are lots of gun owners. I'm one. A gun nut is an entirely different thing. They are cowards.
Fear of guns is rational thinking. Especially when the other guy is holding it.

Forum List

Back