Virginia to lower unemployment payments

Japan is doing it.

Welfare benefits will be slashed by ¥74 billion over a three-year period starting from fiscal 2013, after a government panel found that some people are making more on the dole than the average low-income person who is not spends on living costs, it was learned Sunday.

It's about time someone started showing some fiscal sanity. When we get to the point where welfare pays more than working, it's time to lower welfare.

Or, perhaps, executive salary caps.

It's about time someone started showing some fiscal sanity. When we get to the point where CEOs earn seven figure salaries, while funding politicians to lower the minimum wage and cut welfare, it's time to put in place executive salary caps.

Apples and oranges.... it is of no concern to you if the owners (shareholders) of Exxon/Mobile want to pay the CEO $25,000,00+ a year... it's not taxpayer $$...

How about the oil depreciation allowance that is corporate welfare?

It's about time someone started showing some fiscal sanity. When we get to the point where CEOs earn seven figure salaries, while funding politicians to lower the minimum wage and cut welfare, it's time to put in place executive salary caps.

Apples and oranges.... it is of no concern to you if the owners (shareholders) of Exxon/Mobile want to pay the CEO $25,000,00+ a year... it's not taxpayer $$...

How about the oil depreciation allowance that is corporate welfare?

There is no such thing.

Good thing nothing in the consitution supports the governments ability to do that. The only mechanism you would have would be to impose that on government contractors.

True, if you consider the growing divide between rich and poor a "good thing". :eusa_whistle:

I consider it none of government's buisness.

If you want to run a company and work for the same amount or a set multiple of your worker's salarys, hop on it.

I absolutely consider it the business of government. We have no problem with heavy intervention overseas, but when it comes to serious problems domestically, there's not that same level of concern. We need to make a concerted effort to aid the population.

True, if you consider the growing divide between rich and poor a "good thing". :eusa_whistle:

If you want to run a company and work for the same amount or a set multiple of your worker's salarys, hop on it.

I absolutely consider it the business of government. We have no problem with heavy intervention overseas, but when it comes to serious problems domestically, there's not that same level of concern. We need to make a concerted effort to aid the population.

That pesky consitution keeps getting in the way. How about you take the lead and have the government control YOUR salary for a while. Lets see how that works for oh, about 30 years, and we will get back to you with the results.

That pesky consitution keeps getting in the way. How about you take the lead and have the government control YOUR salary for a while. Lets see how that works for oh, about 30 years, and we will get back to you with the results.

Nixon did it.

That's fair, but it's a concern of the workforce as a whole. What needs to happen is a cultural shift where those that hold up the country are given precedence over those that simply hold intellectual property, or a business degree.

Karl? Is that you?

:lol:

Benito? Is that you?

No, I'm just a guy who believes that paying a CEo of a very large, multi-billion company 1% of the gross in compensation is neither any of my business nor an issue in the grand scheme of things.

Japan is doing it.

Welfare benefits will be slashed by ¥74 billion over a three-year period starting from fiscal 2013, after a government panel found that some people are making more on the dole than the average low-income person who is not spends on living costs, it was learned Sunday.

It's about time someone started showing some fiscal sanity. When we get to the point where welfare pays more than working, it's time to lower welfare.

Can we cap your salary? Can you cite the part of the Constitution that allows the federal government to determine how much money someone is allowed to have?

And exactly what good is an executive salary cap going to do other than satisfy your jealous, envious apatite to stick it to somebody more successful than the loser you have become?

No need to get angry.

It's not allowed and I'm are of that - it's why this is a purely theoretical discussion. And what it would do is bring more, higher paying jobs by giving corporations that much more money to work with. Similar logic used when pushing tax cuts for the rich.

Good thing nothing in the consitution supports the governments ability to do that. The only mechanism you would have would be to impose that on government contractors.

It isn't a divide that's causing a problem. That comes from poverty being so comfortable that no one ever need move out of poverty. There will always be "poor". In a land of billionaires, mere millionaires would have to live in poverty. To most of the world, our poor are those millionaires. A divide between rich and poor is always a good thing. Otherwise there is never a reason to get out of poverty. Our problem, and the problem in Japan, is that poverty has become so comfortable that there isn't a reason to get out of poverty. It's not the divide, the curve isn't sharp enough. Poverty should be painful. It should be so painful that no one would willingly live in poverty.

Nixon did it.

Link it, or you can't prove it.

Can we cap your salary? Can you cite the part of the Constitution that allows the federal government to determine how much money someone is allowed to have?

And exactly what good is an executive salary cap going to do other than satisfy your jealous, envious apatite to stick it to somebody more successful than the loser you have become?

No need to get angry.

It's not allowed and I'm are of that - it's why this is a purely theoretical discussion. And what it would do is bring more, higher paying jobs by giving corporations that much more money to work with. Similar logic used when pushing tax cuts for the rich.

Yes, there is a need for me to get angry when pigs like you invoke using the government to abuse the very people whose freedoms they are supposed to be protecting just because you don't like the views those people have or the lifestyles they live. That is not what this country is about. If you want someone to dictate how much money other people can have then go live in Cuba or North Korea. You'd fit right in.

Nixon did it.

Link it, or you can't prove it.

He issued a 90 day freeze by Executive Order.

Executive Order 11615 - Wikisource, the free online library

This doesn't mean, of course, that it was legal.

No need to get angry.

Yes, there is a need for me to get angry when pigs like you invoke using the government to abuse the very people whose freedoms they are supposed to be protecting just because you don't like the views those people have or the lifestyles they live. That is not what this country is about. If you want someone to dictate how much money other people can have then go live in Cuba or North Korea. You'd fit right in.

Actually, business owners - or the bourgeoisie, NOLA :razz: - controls how much you're payed. I'd much rather have a group that's accountable to the public have some influence in these matters - by way of minimums and maximums, depending on the industry - than leave it completely up to employers.

It isn't a divide that's causing a problem. That comes from poverty being so comfortable that no one ever need move out of poverty. There will always be "poor". In a land of billionaires, mere millionaires would have to live in poverty. To most of the world, our poor are those millionaires. A divide between rich and poor is always a good thing. Otherwise there is never a reason to get out of poverty. Our problem, and the problem in Japan, is that poverty has become so comfortable that there isn't a reason to get out of poverty. It's not the divide, the curve isn't sharp enough. Poverty should be painful. It should be so painful that no one would willingly live in poverty.

You make it sound so simple when the world's economy has been in it's worst recession in a hundred years.

BTW, there are that many jobs that pay a living wage in this country, anymore, after most of the unions have been busted, since Reagan.

Forum List

Back