Volker Quits

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
This isn't good for trump.

Now Volker can talk freely about his job without reprisals.

It will be interesting to hear what he has to say about what giuliani has been up to in the Ukraine.

The state department insists that he wasn't representing the nation. That he was representing trump.

Kurt Volker, Trump’s Envoy for Ukraine, Resigns

So this is it? The straw that broke the camel's back for Trump?

Funny, you keep saying that and Trump keeps on going.

Democrats don't want Senate to take up impeachment hearing where Trump, the defendant can call his own witness. He will call Obama/Biden about spying on the campaign. Impeachment is all about making political points and not a criminal conviction. Dems don't want any part of that.

It will be interesting to hear what he has to say about what giuliani has been up to in the Ukraine.

The state department insists that he wasn't representing the nation. That he was representing trump.

Well, that claim didn't age well.

Volker refutes Democrat Lies:

Volker Testimony Directly Contradicted Democrat Impeachment Narrative

Volker said Giuliani eventually came to believe that the Ukrainian prosecutor, Yuriy Lutsenko, was not credible.

“To my surprise, Mr. Giuliani had already come to the conclusion on his own that Mr. Lutsenko was not credible and acting in a self-serving capacity,” Volker said. “He mentioned both the accusations about Vice President Biden and about interference in the 2016 election, and stressed that all he wanted to see was for Ukraine to investigate what happened in the past and apply its own laws.”

While Volker said he did not believe any of the accusations of corruption levied against Biden, he felt that allegations of Ukrainian meddling in the 2016 U.S. presidential elections were “plausible.” Contrary to Democratic assertions that Trump’s diplomatic team was actively demanding that Ukraine interfere in the 2020 U.S. presidential campaign, Volker said his team did the opposite.

“The point about Ukraine avoiding anything that could play into U.S. elections in 2020 is a message that I know our Chargé in Ukraine, Amb. Bill Taylor, reinforced in other meetings,” Volker said.

The diplomat also said he didn’t even know the Biden family had been referenced at all in Trump’s July 25 phone call with Zelensky.

“I was not on the July 25 phone call,” Volker said. “I received a general readout via our Chargé and my own State Department staffer, as well as from Mr. Yermak.”

“All said it was a good, congratulatory call, that they discussed the importance of fighting corruption and promoting reform in Ukraine, and that President Trump reiterated his invitation to President Zelensky to visit the White House,” he testified. “I was not made aware of any reference to Vice President Biden or his son, which I only learned about when the transcript of the call was released on September 25, 2019.”

The full statement from Volker can be read in its entirety here.

Volker said Giuliani eventually came to believe that the Ukrainian prosecutor, Yuriy Lutsenko, was not credible.

“To my surprise, Mr. Giuliani had already come to the conclusion on his own that Mr. Lutsenko was not credible and acting in a self-serving capacity,” Volker said. “He mentioned both the accusations about Vice President Biden and about interference in the 2016 election, and stressed that all he wanted to see was for Ukraine to investigate what happened in the past and apply its own laws.”

While Volker said he did not believe any of the accusations of corruption levied against Biden, he felt that allegations of Ukrainian meddling in the 2016 U.S. presidential elections were “plausible.” Contrary to Democratic assertions that Trump’s diplomatic team was actively demanding that Ukraine interfere in the 2020 U.S. presidential campaign, Volker said his team did the opposite.

“The point about Ukraine avoiding anything that could play into U.S. elections in 2020 is a message that I know our Chargé in Ukraine, Amb. Bill Taylor, reinforced in other meetings,” Volker said.

The diplomat also said he didn’t even know the Biden family had been referenced at all in Trump’s July 25 phone call with Zelensky.

“I was not on the July 25 phone call,” Volker said. “I received a general readout via our Chargé and my own State Department staffer, as well as from Mr. Yermak.”

“All said it was a good, congratulatory call, that they discussed the importance of fighting corruption and promoting reform in Ukraine, and that President Trump reiterated his invitation to President Zelensky to visit the White House,” he testified. “I was not made aware of any reference to Vice President Biden or his son, which I only learned about when the transcript of the call was released on September 25, 2019.”

Funny how your post directly contradicts the testimoney Volker gave:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...365c1b-5a01-4e44-872a-299b67949a5e_story.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...365c1b-5a01-4e44-872a-299b67949a5e_story.html
Funny how my post is direct quotes from Volker that undercuts the Democrats lies. You link is a pay site. I wouldn't pay them to clean dog crap off my sidewalk.

Funny how my post is direct quotes from Volker that undercuts the Democrats lies. You link is a pay site. I wouldn't pay them to clean dog crap off my sidewalk.
FYI

Dragon lady is not an American. She is a known troll and is only here to stir the pot.

Forum List

Back