Volt sales tripple in 2012

I have yet to see a Volt on the road. Just one. I'm on the freeways all the time. I've seen two Nissan Leafs and a POTLOAD of Prius'. But not one single Volt. There are more Prius' than any other car. Sometimes the 405 looks like a Prius car lot.

Hybrid sales are booming. The car companies need to concentrate more on hybrids, at least for the near term. The thing about all electrics is that we need these car companies to continue making them, so they can improve the process. As they do, and as batteries can be made cheaper, the cost of all electrics will go down. Without the R&D and continued development of these vehicles, it will take much longer for them to become affordable to average Americans.

As per usual, the liberal never makes statements on statistics that are put into any context. Of course, the pertinent question is, "As compared to what?"

Hybids on the road over the past 5 years represent less than 1% of passenger vehicles on the road!!!

Let me tell you.,......thats BOOMING!!!!!:coffee::coffee::coffee:

http://www.green-energy-efficient-homes.com/hybrid-car-sales-statistics.html

Electric and hybrid vehicles will continue to be a niche market in the US, same as renewable energy..........no matter how many bogus misleading stats the annointed throw out there. All you hear about from these people is how green stuff is BOOMING. No its not......when you look at the facts, it continues to be what it has always been: green fantasy.

rennix-640_s640x427.jpg

All of the arguments you guys are using against EVs are the same arguments people made about cell phones in the 80s.

Other than some kook's, I can't remember ANYONE complaining about cell phones. I can remember some of the Luddites complaining about the cost and why on Earth would they ever need one, but EV's are ridiculously expensive, environmentally unfriendly, and not as efficient as the ICE vehicles they are supposed to replace.

Other than some kook's, I can't remember ANYONE complaining about cell phones. I can remember some of the Luddites complaining about the cost and why on Earth would they ever need one, but EV's are ridiculously expensive, environmentally unfriendly, and not as efficient as the ICE vehicles they are supposed to replace.

I run an IT department. I ran into hundreds who swore that the cell phone they were issued was going to cause brain cancer.

Bet every one of those fools voted for Obama....

All of the arguments you guys are using against EVs are the same arguments people made about cell phones in the 80s.

Yep the first cell phones used to come in a bag and cost $$$ per minute of use! Amazingly more expensive than today.

My pops told me about an article he read a long long time ago before PC, which stated computer are great, but they will never become cheap or small enough to be main-stream! Man was that article off the mark!

Yep the first cell phones used to come in a bag and cost $$$ per minute of use! Amazingly more expensive than today.

My pops told me about an article he read a long long time ago before PC, which stated computer are great, but they will never become cheap or small enough to be main-stream! Man was that article off the mark!

Yes, and amazingly enough the cell phone companies weren't massively subsidized by government either. I can remember visiting a friend in Finland back in the late '70's and cell phones were ubiquitous (makes sense, the country has very little hard wired phone service even today) and even back then the really good ones were being used to pay bills and such.

The only sure thing is the Volt would have done much better if Rush and the Pub PropaganadaMachine hadn't lied and fear mongered it and made it aMarxist car LOL. A-hole un-Americans and silly dupes.

I know that article you're talking about - it was written by the then-President of IBM. It's pretty famous in CompSci circles.

Boy, was he wrong.

The only sure thing is the Volt would have done much better if Rush and the Pub PropaganadaMachine hadn't lied and fear mongered it and made it aMarxist car LOL. A-hole un-Americans and silly dupes.

Gotta love you guys. No one had to demonize anything. People said hey I need a car that can atually get me somewhere.

Considering the $7,500 government rebate for each Volt purchased , the government "bought" approximately 20% right off the bat, bub.

Other cars receiving the $7,500 government rebate include....
  • Nissan Leaf (until VERY recently, built in Japan)
  • Ford Focus EV
  • Tesla Model S ($45-85,000, depending on the battery size you choose.....and right now the smaller battery $45k model hasn't started production yet)
  • Fisker Karma (US company, but car built in Norway)

Other cars, because they have smaller batteries than these "only" qualify for $3,500-5000. They include....
  • Mitsubishi i-MiEV
  • Toyota Prius Plug In Hybrid (not the regular hybrid)
  • Ford Fusion Energi
  • Ford C-Max Energi

So I can assume there'll be hate threads started for these cars too? Mebbe not.

I know that article you're talking about - it was written by the then-President of IBM. It's pretty famous in CompSci circles.

Boy, was he wrong.

He said there would never be need for more than 5 computers in the world.

Boy, was he wrong.

I believe that was the one!

SteadyMoron - how much does GM (and the U.S. government) lose on each Chevy Volt sale?

I have no idea, and have made no claim to know.

You however have implied knowledge that a large ratio of the Volts sold in 2012 were because of purchases by the US government, a claim I find suspect. In fact you came in appearing to support a poster saying tens of thousands were purchased by them.

So for about the fourth time I ask you, how many Chevy Volts in 2012 were purchased b y the government? You know the ratio so surely you know the number right?

Steady Moron - I made no claims regarding regarding a specific amount of govenrment Volt purchases. My point, which has flown over your doubtlessly pointed head, is that Volt Sales Figures are most certainly inflated with government purchases.

FWIW - State and Federal governments buy cars and trucks every year. They are part of what the industry tracks as "Fleet and Government Sales". That would also include cars sold to rental car agencies, cars sold to large companies as company driver vehicles (GE, Google, and Coca Cola, PepsiCo, IBM are some of the biggest fleet purchasers).

The US government typical requires that cars be US made and they dedicate a percentage of their purchases to be either E-85 Ethanol powered, CNG powered, or electric.

In 2012, the company that sold the most vehicles to the US Government was Ford. So....are we saying that Taurus, Fusion, Focus, and F-150 sales are "most certainly inflated with government purchases."? Or maybe it just falls within the normal set of government vehicle purchases.

I'll pay attention to volt sales after all taxpayer money is withdrawn from the so called incentives

Forum List

Back