Voter current events knowledge

williepete

Platinum Member
Aug 7, 2011
Troposphere
I just took this News IQ Quiz by Pew Research. It wasn't hard to get all 12 questions correct as a casual observer of news. After you get your score, you see where you fall in the population. The results are scary.

If you don't score above 80%, please don't vote.

The News IQ Quiz Pew Research Center

• Banned
Low scores a result of poor news reporting or people looking to "their corner" of the media to reinforce their beliefs rather than form beliefs based on information?

I missed 1, putting me in the top 1%.

The most disturbing thing about this tests results is how much women did than men, which is weird considering FAR more women are graduating college than men. Which you would think would improve results on this test, at least according to the results, those who report being college grads did better than those who weren't.

• Banned
When I took it, the results showed the largest percentile of the respondents only got 4 questions right.

Considering this level of knowledge with the huge percentage of people who vote without any skin in the game, it's no wonder we're in the mess we're in.

I got 96% too. I missed the one about the percentage under the poverty line.

We have a well informed crowd here at USMB.

...or the low information voters aren't posting their scores.

Many at USMB are very well informed.

Analysis of nuance and context always is the challenge.

I just took this News IQ Quiz by Pew Research. It wasn't hard to get all 12 questions correct as a casual observer of news. After you get your score, you see where you fall in the population. The results are scary.

If you don't score above 80%, please don't vote.

The News IQ Quiz Pew Research Center

Strange how new "Political Online Quiz's" come out from a bias perspective every election period but they aren't exactly around in between elections.

They generally paint anyone that doesn't conform to their certain and specific party as "bad" or even "stupid". But I'm sure you thought the quiz came from some sort of School base.

I got 12/12. Woohoo! Neat quiz, thanks for posting it.

11-12 toss up on servicing the debt and social security, I choose poorly[emoji34]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I missed 2 for 92%

I would be happy if the low information voters who are going to vote knew
who holds the VP and majority/ minority positions in Congress.
Or had some idea what's going on with the people they vote for.

Ever see Watters World or Jimmy Kimmel interview people out on the street.
They are fucking clueless about our government or what's going on in the world...

Really sad.

6 - 12 for 50%

Why are these questions so important to know in order to vote?

In which of the following predominately Muslim countries are there more Shia Muslims than Sunni Muslims?

Who is the current Prime Minister of Israel?

Ukraine was once part of...

What is the industry that has primarily contributed to the recent economic boom in the state of North Dakota?

Forum List

Back