Wal-Mart Bottled Water Comes From Sacramento Municipal Supply

Not sure if the point here is bottled-water-is-tap-water or if the point is coming from California.
Both seem indefensible.

Every time I see somebody drinking "Dasani" all I can think is -- "you just paid actual money for Atlanta tap water".

Bottled water is mostly a scam and buries us in plastic bottles.

Easily the dumbest thing we've ever done.

Its true that some places in the US have water that we shouldn't even bathe in. I know because the town where one of our homes is has the worst water I've ever tasted and spit out. We take water from our lake house to the house in town.

But, we use the same bottles, over and over and then, when they can't be used any longer, we recycle them.

Disposable, single use consumer crap is inexcusable. "Disposable" is just another word for "forever".

Pretty sure the walnuts almonds are what's really using up all of our water, not exporting water.
But keep xeroscaping your yard and taking 5 minute showers, and picketing Nestle, you guys sure are going to save us in face of the millions upon millions of gallons agricultural uses.
Some people entirely miss the real problem. AGRICULTURAL TRUMPS ALL OTHER USAGE

Bottled water is a joke guys. The FDA doesn't regulate it. All they do is put that water through a giant filter. Public water is highly regulated and controlled....it has a good rating. You are wasting plastic and water because the water bottle companies have successfully marketed it to you.

Its true that some places in the US have water that we shouldn't even bathe in. I know because the town where one of our homes is has the worst water I've ever tasted and spit out. We take water from our lake house to the house in town.

But, we use the same bottles, over and over and then, when they can't be used any longer, we recycle them.

Disposable, single use consumer crap is inexcusable. "Disposable" is just another word for "forever".

and the libs started the recycling lie.

and the libs started the recycling lie.

:wtf:
confused_2011.gif

:dunno:

Well, just to put my two cents in. At work, there are water coolers, with bottled water of course, on each floor. Don't know if it is better than tap water, but it is cold, and I like cold water. I, and most other employes, have our own water bottles we keep at school and refill from the water cooler.

I went online and I looked up the quality of the water in my area. It is fine, except being a little salty. My apartment has a special tap that filters the water. That's the water I use for drinking and cooking. I use the tap water for washing dishes, showering, etc.

I think of bottled water as being there for when you need to have it, like when traveling or at a sporting event, etc. Most tap water is just as good. I think anyone can look up the quality of the tap water in their area.

Most of the bottled water you buy isn't spring water. Its just water in a small bottle which is great for horseback riding, motorcycling, walking, jogging and any other way it can be used.

The only real bottled spring water is from Poland Sprinig Maine. I've been there. Its real.

Does all that water come from the spring?? Don't know but most bottled water is just tap water made to look better than it is.

Put your own home water in the bottle and save a few bucks.

Forum List

Back