🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Wal-Mart workers protest for higher pay, end up unemployed

airplanemechanic

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 2014
Wal-Mart suddenly closes stores - Business Insider

Wal-Mart suddenly closed five stores in four states on Monday for alleged plumbing problems.

The closures could last up to six months and affect roughly 2,200 workers in Texas, California, Oklahoma, and Florida, CNN Money reports.

Wal-Mart employees say they were completely blindsided by the news, having been notified only a couple hours before the stores closed at 7 p.m. Monday.

"Everybody just panicked and started crying," Venanzi Luna, a manager at a store in Pico Rivera, California, told CNN Money.

All workers will receive paid leave for two months. After that, full-time workers could become eligible for severance, according to CNN Money. But part-time workers will be on their own.

Like I've said all along, when you demand more money than you are worth you might end up unemployed. These people think they have a right to a job and a right to some level of pay. Wal-Mart quickly reminded them this isn't true.

Wal Mart claims its for plumbing issues, yet no cities that they closed in have been issued any kind of plumbing permits or anything.

Last edited:
Wal-Mart suddenly closes stores - Business Insider

Wal-Mart suddenly closed five stores in four states on Monday for alleged plumbing problems.

The closures could last up to six months and affect roughly 2,200 workers in Texas, California, Oklahoma, and Florida, CNN Money reports.

Wal-Mart employees say they were completely blindsided by the news, having been notified only a couple hours before the stores closed at 7 p.m. Monday.

"Everybody just panicked and started crying," Venanzi Luna, a manager at a store in Pico Rivera, California, told CNN Money.

All workers will receive paid leave for two months. After that, full-time workers could become eligible for severance, according to CNN Money. But part-time workers will be on their own.

Like I've said all along, when you demand more money than you are worth you might end up unemployed. These people think they have a right to a job and a right to some level of pay. Wal-Mart quickly reminded them this isn't true.

Nothing to do with workers wanting a living wage, it's plumbing issues. :badgrin:

Yea, they said plumbing issues except:

According to ABC News, "no plumbing permits have been pulled in any of the five cities where the stores were suddenly closed for at least six months."

A city official in Pico Rivera confirmed to CBS Los Angeles that the city has not received any permit requests for building repairs.

"This is the first store that went on strike," an employee told CBS Los Angeles. "This is the first store in demanding changes for Walmart."

Shit, I walked out working at one of the warehouses for Wal Mart when I got out of the Army, they treated you like pack mules, hell the Army treated you better...

Shit, I walked out working at one of the warehouses for Wal Mart when I got out of the Army, they treated you like pack mules, hell the Army treated you better...

Really? They are pack mules! and belong to the garbage.

See what happens when Mega-Corporations get too powerful? Whether you like WalMart or not, that's just too much power. This is what happens when you and I have no other options.

"Oh you wanna' Unionize? Wanna' help yourselves? F*ck you slaves, yer fired! Drop the Union talk and we MAY let you back at reduced wages.".

Really? They are pack mules! and belong to the garbage.
Garbage disposal?
See what happens when Mega-Corporations get too powerful? Whether you like WalMart or not, that's just too much power. This is what happens when you and I have no other options.

"Oh you wanna' Unionize? Wanna' help yourselves? F*ck you slaves, yer fired! Drop the Union talk and we MAY let you back at reduced wages.".
:Boom2:Against slavery, this shit.

I wouldn't be seen dead in Wal Mart, let alone as an employee. Don't usually a judge a place by its patrons, but Wal Mart has a large number of low lifes, shoplifters and thieves. If I was to go by social class, then Target is the lowest store I would frequent.

I don't like shopping at Wal Mart. However, from the few times I have shopped at one it seems to me that whatever the pay scale is the typical employee is overpaid now.

I respect Walmart. Walmart employs a lot of mentally disabled people whose only other option for work would be to run for President on the Democratic ticket.
True, WalMart does seem to create jobs and find work for people that otherwise would have a hard time finding it.

Also impressed that they support local organic farmers, unlike some other supermarket/retail chains.

But still wouldn't want to work there, or shop there, as the atmosphere and customers would put me off.

These stores were probably marginal anyway. Once the employees got a raise it was no longer cost effective to keep them open. A store is not a charity and a paycheck is not an entitlement.

Walmart employs a lot of mentally disabled people whose only other option for work would be to run for President on the Democratic ticket.
Yep, you are right. Even a mentally challenged person would win the job over anyone the gop/nutter/teabaggers decide to go with.

Liberals should be happy, they just acquired several thousand more food stamp.....I mean voters.

I've grocery shopped at Walmart before and was not impressed at all.

I just needed to pick up a few things and asked a 5' nothing brown-skinned guy who was stocking the shelves where the flour was. He could not speak English.

I think it's pretty safe to presume that he was probably an illegal alien.

Forum List

Back