Walking in the morning while being black.

Which I believe is totally WRONG. If you’re not doing anything wrong, there’s no reason to fear identifying yourself. Before you ask… NO, I don’t believe in “innocent until proven guilty” for anyone. I believe the exact opposite, for everyone.

If you had quoted the entire statement… that’s how I believe it should be. I trust nobody. Not my family. Not my wife. Not my coworkers. Nobody.

Walking around with a six year old at odd hours of the day is odd enough to warrant the investigation so far as I’m concerned.

Well, it doesn’t matter what you think should be, we have laws and we have rules that even the police have to follow.

Remember, they are there to SERVE and PROTECT…everyone.

Why should the officer automatically believe him? it was suspicious. Amy father never took me for a walk in the dark around storage units,

The guy should have just shown his ID. When he refused to comply, it became more suspicious.
The kid crying puts it all into perspective.

Show ID or die in America.

The punishment fits the crime as Chauvin justice becomes widely accepted under the Maga regime.

What if he has warrants? #1 reason not to show (or carry) ID. Police radar goes up, right away. What if he has Burgaly rap sheet? You want him in your garage or stealing your work car? Who knows? Not us. Police generally have good instint, I would suspect.

The kid could be crying because he knows more than he can tell. Dad? If so, he could be Going away again.

First question, what’s your address? Where you coming from. Ask the kid something revealing.

What if he has warrants? #1 reason not to show (or carry) ID. Police radar goes up, right away. What if he has Burgaly rap sheet? You want him in your garage or stealing your work car? Who knows? Not us. Police generally have good instint, I would suspect.

The kid could be crying because he knows more than he can tell. Dad? If so, he could be Going away again.

First question, what’s your address? Where you coming from. Ask the kid something revealing.
leftwinger makes a point I overlooked

Why is there no followup info about what happened to the man after he was arrested?

Maybe he did have a record

Or maybe not

But we have s right to know

I can see that some people here prefer we live in a Police State.

Papers please!!!!!

It's very easy to see why we're losing our republic. 🤦‍♀️

I can see that some people here prefer we live in a Police State.

Papers please!!!!!

It's very easy to see why we're losing our republic. 🤦‍♀️

OK, we’ll let packs of strangers roam around your house Garage and cars in the dark while you sleep. Nothing is as it seems. Nothing is easy, these days. You want safety or criminals to rule the roost? If you’re honest and tell the truth and comply, whats the problem? Get off your I’m special BS.

Sorta telling when the officer asked for name and DOB and the guy said "I don't know". Be interesting to know if he had warrants.

Could have been handled better especially with the child there

No. Only because he refused to show ID. The moment you resist, interfere with or fail to follow a lawful order of a LEO you lose all right to expect to be treated with ABY amount of respect or deference in my mind.

Dumb thing to do. Especially with the kid there.

who the fuck carries an ID while out for a walk?

It was excessive but the man talked his way into arrest by telling the cop he did not have to show Id when he should have just kept his mouth shut

I know right, when the Govt says "papers please" we should all just meekly comply...that is the way all the authoritarian countries do it

who the fuck carries an ID while out for a walk?

Only everyone but criminals. Are you really as dumb as you appear? If not in your own residential gated community you are better off having ID on you. What if you get killed? Should have a house key on you also and know your address. Kid didn’t walk in ten miles from an RV in the woods. At least a nearby APT address?

Better have a reason not to be carrying it? No pockets? What’s your address, DL number, kids SS#. No reason not to help the Police understand if you are good or up to no good.

Last edited:
Man on an early morning walk with his son......

Assuming the video is showing the whole situation, the guy was acting suspiciously. When the police ask you for ID and you can't provide it, most honest people give them a full name and address and say we can go to my house at whatever address and I can get it. Or he had his phone with him and could have put the cop on the phone with somebody at home. Criminals use kids all the time anymore. We've all seen the videos where the parent gets the little kid to go snatch a package off a porch, et al.

But body slamming an obviously unarmed guy before all those options were used, yes excessive. Especially in front of the young boy. The officer should be severely reprimanded if not fired. (And who bothers to carry their billfold/ID when they're just going for a walk around the neighborhood? On the other hand, who is up at the crack of dawn going for a walk with their young kid?)

Only everyone but criminals. Are you really as dumb as you appear? If not in your own residential gated community you are better off having ID on you. What if you get killed?

Then I am dead and they can find out who I am from my phone, it is the only thing I carry while walking or running.

Back when I did competitive running I had one of these, but I do not mess with them any longer.

Likely more to that story. Odd time for a father and son to be walking through a bunch of storage units. Dude should have complied instead of going the resistance route.
Absent evidence of a crime you have no obligation to provide ID in most States.

I'm not sure about Oklahoma.

However, walking at 6am is a hell of a lot more comfortable than at noon.

Farmers are up and working long before dawn because of that.

Assuming the video is showing the whole situation, the guy was acting suspiciously. When the police ask you for ID and you can't provide it, most honest people give them a full name and address and say we can go to my house at whatever address and I can get it. Or he had his phone with him and could have put the cop on the phone with somebody at home. Criminals use kids all the time anymore. We've all seen the videos where the parent gets the little kid to go snatch a package off a porch, et al.

But body slamming an obviously unarmed guy before all those options were used, yes excessive. Especially in front of the young boy. The officer should be severely reprimanded if not fired. (And who bothers to carry their billfold/ID when they're just going for a walk around the neighborhood? On the other hand, who is up at the crack of dawn going for a walk with their young kid?)
Acting suspiciously isn't a crime.

Forum List

Back