Walking in the morning while being black.

He didnt have to get body slammed

But he chose to resist getting handcuffed
Yep. Smart people comply with police requests and then, if warranted, file a complaint later.

One of our good friends of the past was a Kansas Highway Patrolman. He had just received radio information on a stolen vehicle with Texas plates. When a described vehicle with Texas plates passed him on I-70, he radioed in for confirmation on the license tag and got it, pulled the guy over, got him out of the car, ordered him down on the ground to handcuff him. The guy did not resist or complain in any manner. Just as soon as he was cuffed--a construction crew nearby enjoying the whole show--he was being called back to the radio. The dispatcher was frantically trying to tell him he got an erroneous okay on the tag and that the tag was NOT the one for the stolen vehicle.

He got the guy up, uncuffed him, apologized emphatically and explained the situation to which the guy said it was okay and these things happen. He went on his way and never filed a complaint leaving my cop friend wondering what he really WAS guilty of. :)

VERY IMMATURE dude! "Let me video tape this" What are you 15 years old? He is a FOOL. Comply. Teach your son to comply too. Such disrespect to the police. If he asks for ID, shut your mouth and give your ID.

"Oklahoma is NOT a “stop and identify” state. Therefore, you are only required to provide identification and answer questions about your identity during a traffic stop. You're NOT required to identify yourself to law enforcement if you were walking in a public area and asked for identification."

source

Also, see post #52. That particular officer has a history of complaints from people, including former colleagues.

Something tells me that someone here isn't aware of the 4th amendment. * ahem *

Last edited:
"Oklahoma is NOT a “stop and identify” state. Therefore, you are only required to provide identification and answer questions about your identity during a traffic stop. You're NOT required to identify yourself to law enforcement if you were walking in a public area and asked for identification."

source

Also, see post #52. That particular office has a history of complaints from people, including former colleagues.

I think you midd the point

If you believe the guy was completely innocent and had nothing to hide then maybe he enjoyed being manhandled and arrested in front of the little boy

The point is cooperating with the cops was a better way to handle the incident

I think you midd the point

If you believe the guy was completely innocent and had nothing to hide then maybe he enjoyed being manhandled and arrested in front of the little boy

The point is cooperating with the cops was a better way to handle the incident

No, I get your point. But I understand why some people react that way too. Sadly, there have been too many instances of bad cops not only overstepping their boundaries but actually doing things illegally. When a person knows their rights and knows they're not doing anything wrong, sometimes people refuse to go along with those types of cops.... maybe in order to show others what is actually happening. That's why they want it videotaped.

If you get profiled enough it starts ingraining negative thoughts into your thinking that we are supposed to be free. You never forget abuse. And there are millions and millions of people who have never received satisfaction or justice from that.
I don’t believe in Freedom. I dint believe in Rights. I believe in Right and Wrong. Nothing else. Disobeying a badged LEO falls on the Wrong side of the ledger. Period.

I don’t believe in Freedom. I dint believe in Rights. I believe in Right and Wrong. Nothing else. Disobeying a badged LEO falls on the Wrong side of the ledger. Period.
It's an offense deserving of Capital Punishment in America and they're proud of it!

When the Duck King becomes the president, Chauvin rules on justice will be applied fairly to all shades of cuhluhds.

source

Also, see post #52. That particular officer has a history of complaints from people, including former colleagues.

Your source also admonishes people to not try to run away or resist arrest.

Sadly, there have been too many instances of bad cops not only overstepping their boundaries but actually doing things illegally.
All the more reason to deal with them carefully

Being stupid can lead to death even if someone is in the right

It's an offense deserving of Capital Punishment in America and they're proud of it!

When the Duck King becomes the president, Chauvin rules on justice will be applied fairly to all shades of cuhluhds
If only your first comment were actually true. We’d be far better off as a society.

As for your second comment… it needs to be done to everyone, regardless of skin tone or gender.

Forum List

Back