Walmart criticism of law in Arkansas

TooTall

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2013
Walmart is apparently just as hypocritical in their Judgement of the proposed law in Arkansas as Tim Cook at Apple is. Walmart has stores in Nigeria and Uganda.

"Gay sex has been banned in Nigeria since British colonial times. It is prohibited in 38 of Africa’s 54 countries. But the new Nigerian law, which Mr. Jonathan signed Jan.7, goes further. It mandates a 14-year prison sentence for anyone entering a same-sex union and a 10-year term for “a person or group of persons who supports the registration, operation and sustenance of gay clubs, societies, organizations, processions or meetings.” Public displays of affection by gay men and lesbians are also criminalized."

"The Uganda Anti-Homosexuality Act, 2014 (previously called the "Kill the Gays bill" in the western mainstream media due to the originally proposed death penalty clauses) was passed by the Parliament of Uganda on 20 December 2013 with the death penalty proposal dropped in favour of life in prison. The bill was signed into law by the President of Uganda on 24 February 2014."

Again... The average Ugandan makes $1414 a year.

I don't think they are doing a lot of shopping at WalMart.

Obama is negotiating with a bunch of homophobes in Switzerland.

Even the appearance of evil is unacceptable.

The Arkansas bill was vetoed, the Indiana bill will be redone, and the far right social cons in America are put on notice.

Even the appearance of evil is unacceptable.

The Arkansas bill was vetoed, the Indiana bill will be redone, and the far right social cons in America are put on notice.

Did he veto it or just say he wouldn't sign it?

Come on, only politicians can be judged by their propensity to engage in speech that borders on hypocrisy. Walmart just wants to make a buck and they work within a thousand federal, state and local statutes.

I'm curious how many have actually read the Indiana or Arkansas bills?

Why would we need to do that. The people who wrote them say they allow religious assholes to ignore public accommodation laws. I'll take them at their word.

If they are what their proponents say they are, that's good enough reason to put an end to them.

I'm curious how many have actually read the Indiana or Arkansas bills?

Why would we need to do that. The people who wrote them say they allow religious assholes to ignore public accommodation laws. I'll take them at their word.

If they are what their proponents say they are, that's good enough reason to put an end to them.
Why would you want to think for yourself? Yeah why do that when it's so much eaiser just to take what someone else says and run with it and call it fact just like most did with hands up don't shoot until of course the actual facts proved otherwise. Oh I highly doubt the people who wrote the laws are saying what you claim.

Surprising that liberals have noticed anything at all going on in flyover-country!

Why would you want to think for yourself? Yeah why do that when it's so much eaiser just to take what someone else says and run with it and call it fact just like most did with hands up don't shoot until of course the actual facts proved otherwise. Oh I highly doubt the people who wrote the laws are saying what you claim.

Go back and read what I said, and then have someone help you with the big words.

The people who WROTE this law said they wrote it to keep the gays from making you bake a cake that'll make Baby Jesus cry. This is what they said. This is their intent. Who they put that into words is irrelevent to the conversation. they stated their inent.

Forum List

Back