Wanna See Something Nice?

That's cool, but it still scares me. We've been taught and it proven that at any time that bear could turn on any of them.

This registered Democrat, ended up in a grizzly's shit pile where he belonged.
I can't stand it when fairies like this one 'anthropomorphize' wild animals.

Eating a dimocrat could seriously endanger the poor bear's health.
Ya. Eat one too many LIBs and the next thing the grizzly will be sporting a 'grizzly-bun' and prancing around the forest like a fucking fairy. LOL!

This registered Democrat, ended up in a grizzly's shit pile where he belonged.
I can't stand it when fairies like this one 'anthropomorphize' wild animals.

As I recall, this fellow was killed by wild bears who came upon him sleeping in his tent in the midst of wild bear territory. This circumstance does not compare with taking charge of a newly born bear cub (or most other dangerous offspring), isolating it from the wild, bonding with it, caring for it with kindness, respect and affection throughout its development and not imposing on it to perform -- as in circus acts and the like.

Under those conditions I do not believe the animal would turn on its keeper. And this is not the only example of tamed bears I've seen. There are many. And the same applies to big cats. In every one of the situations where a supposedly tamed beast turns on its keeper there probably have been provocative circumstances we are not informed about.

That's cool, but it still scares me. We've been taught and it proven that at any time that bear could turn on any of them.
Could -- but not necessarily would. There are many examples of people raising bears who live long, happy lives without ever harming anyone. "Bart" was one example. He appeared in several movies and was as tame and playful as a puppy. He weighed close to a ton, but when he was "naughty" and was scolded he would cringe like a puppy.

There are videos of it on YouTube. Bring up, "Bart, the Bear."

Could -- but not necessarily would. There are many examples of people raising bears who live long, happy lives without ever harming anyone. "Bart" was one example. He appeared in several movies and was as tame and playful as a puppy. He weighed close to a ton, but when he was "naughty" and was scolded he would cringe like a puppy.

There are videos of it on YouTube. Bring up, "Bart, the Bear."

I believe you, and understand what you are saying, but there is still always that risk. I am not willing to take it. You can never know for sure.

I believe you, and understand what you are saying, but there is still always that risk. I am not willing to take it. You can never know for sure.
Perfectly understandable.

But I'm recalling an animal keeper who brought a bear cub to the Johnny Carson show. After Johnny played with the little bugger for a few minutes he said before having that experience he would be much too apprehensive to risk raising such a pet but that little guy changed his mind.

More recently I watched a Nature documentary about a young South African fellow who raised a lion from cub to fully grown and released it into the wild. Two years later he went looking for that lion, who behaved like a happy puppy after recognizing his adoptive parent; licking, nuzzling and actually hugging him.

There are many such stories and YouTube is loaded with them.

Forum List

Back