Was this Trump impeachment legal or even necessary?

MaryL

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2011
Midwestern U.S.
I am no legal/Constitutional scholar. But it seems that Democrats are over-reaching here just a tiny bit. This current endeavor of theirs seems petty and vindictive. And hypocritical as hell. We have had race riots and civil unrest for months driven by Democrats' tacit support of the groups that rioted, did nothing to stop the riots, and gave moral and ethical support (burn that bitch down crap), crowdfunded and bailed out race rioters. Because, hey: "Racism bad". Excuse me, remind me, WHY are WE impeaching someone that isn't even in office?

Excuse me, remind me WHY we are impeaching someone that isn't even in office?

Anger and spite. They can't let it go. It's about vengeance, not justice. There are people on this forum that actually believe Trump should be killed or imprisoned for life. Even if that was reasonable, which it's not, it would only make him a martyr. They don't care though. Their vengeance is more important to them than the consequences.

I am no legal/Constitutional scholar. But it seems that Democrats are over-reaching here just a tiny bit. This current endeavor of theirs seems petty and vindictive. And hypocritical as hell. We have had race riots and civil unrest for months driven by Democrats' tacit support of the groups that rioted, did nothing to stop the riots, and gave moral and ethical support (burn that bitch down crap), crowdfunded and bailed out race rioters. Because, hey: "Racism bad". Excuse me, remind me, WHY are WE impeaching someone that isn't even in office?
Legal and necessary, unless you want another president to rally people to attack our capital and democracy itself.

Legal and necessary, unless you want another president to rally people to attack our capital and democracy itself.

You do know that President Trump is most likely going to be exonerated in a few days?

In my view, it's nothing more than partisan politics. Unity, my ass, the democrats will do anything to strengthen their hold on political power and they have no scruples at all in what they say and do. They just beat Trump with an old man who barely campaigned anywhere, can they really be afraid he might beat them in 2024? Do they not trust the voters? Apparently not, and in any event they weren't going to get a conviction in the Senate anyway, so all this crap is nothing more than political theater, playing to their very rabid base. If they do a good job while in the majority and holding the WH, then they've got nothing to worry about, true? BUT - maybe they ain't as confident of their governing abilities.

Why? Because he did a bad thing.

• Banned
I am amazed at all the crap Democrats pulled since the first impeachment. ( The first one was based on unproved allegations) and went no where fast. And I am even more amazed at how the media just kind of lies by ambiguity or leaving out certain critical facts and fed into hysteria about racism and anti white hate. The lies they tell. Nick Sandman demonized for wearing a hat somebody just gave him. On the other end other end of the spectrum, George Floyd died days after a cop touched him of a Fentanyl overdose. Not of police brutality... And the death rates in Detroit or Chicago that skyrocketed after this Democrat inspired "defund/eliminate" the police"? WHO is really the bad guy here?

The trial is illegal. The Constitution gives the Senate no authority to try a private citizen. Part of the reason behind this is covering for the Biden dementia and all the loony EO's he has signed.

Again, who are they trying? Are the Democrats claiming Trump is still POTUS? Because an impeachment trial is only for an officeholder, not someone out of office. And a trial of President shall be presided over by the Chief Justice. Only John Roberts isn't presiding.

Last edited:
I am amazed at all the crap Democrats pulled since the first impeachment. ( The first one was based on unproved allegations) and went no where fast. And I am even more amazed at how the media just kind of lies by ambiguity or leaving out certain critical facts and fed into hysteria about racism and anti white hate. The lies they tell. Nick Sandman demonized for wearing a hat somebody just gave him. On the other end other end of the spectrum, George Floyd died days after a cop touched him of a Fentanyl overdose. Not of police brutality... And the death rates in Detroit or Chicago that skyrocketed after this Democrat inspired "defund/eliminate" the police"? WHO is really the bad guy here?
All of the above to include Trump and the rioters from Floyd.

You do know that President Trump is most likely going to be exonerated in a few days?
Not Exonerated in any way, just not convicted in the Senate. Would not surprise me if they fail to honor their oaths and convict. Trumpist care more about trump than their country. Blowing off oaths is a thing with that crowd. Will still insure he is never elected again and unlikely we would trust anybody that lacking in character into that office again. Heck, I doubt there will be a republican president for at least the next 3 presidential election, that is like 16 years of Democratic rule. No telling what party will replace the Republican, as they have proven they cannot be trusted to care more about the country than their jobs.

Yes

If you think otherwise, you believe that the President can commit any crime in his last days in office without consequence.

So much for the party of law and order
Lets ignore the 800 lb gorilla in the room: that Democrats ACTUALY did what they allege Trump was supposed to have done for one day. THEY did this over a span of months and they are responsible for thousands killed and the destruction of billions of dollars of property.

Not Exonerated in any way, just not convicted in the Senate. Would not surprise me if they fail to honor their oaths and convict. Trumpist care more about trump than their country. Blowing off oaths is a thing with that crowd. Will still insure he is never elected again and unlikely we would trust anybody that lacking in character into that office again. Heck, I doubt there will be a republican president for at least the next 3 presidential election, that is like 16 years of Democratic rule. No telling what party will replace the Republican, as they have proven they cannot be trusted to care more about the country than their jobs.

I don't see where the case against Trump has been proven at all- much less beyond a reasonable doubt.

Video tapes of the ruckus at the Capitol are irrelevant. Everyone admits it was unfortunate. Showing them over and over again was just inflammatory. If Leaky Leahy had any honor, he would declare a mistrial.

Yes

If you think otherwise, you believe that the President can commit any crime in his last days in office without consequence.

Lets ignore the 800 lb gorilla in the room: that Democrats ACTUALY did what they allege Trump was supposed to have done for one day. THEY did this over a span of months and they are responsible for thousands killed and the destruction of billions of dollars of property.
Thousands were killed?....Which war was this?

Excuse me, remind me WHY we are impeaching someone that isn't even in office?

Anger and spite. They can't let it go. It's about vengeance, not justice. There are people on this forum that actually believe Trump should be killed or imprisoned for life. Even if that was reasonable, which it's not, it would only make him a martyr. They don't care though. Their vengeance is more important to them than the consequences.
It is about justice. The man did everything in his power to remain in office illegally, after he had fairly lost the election. First he used a shitload of lies, a plethora of frivolous lawsuits, tried strong arming state officials to overturn election results in their states, and when none of that worked, he set up a monster rally on the day of the electoral certification and sent an insurrectionist minded mob to the Capitol to stop it.

Democrat vindictiveness, my ass. If he doesn't face justice, it will be because the Republicans in the senate have no spine.

Yes

Don't get me wrong: Detroit and Chicago especially had HUGE upsurge in homicide rates after this BLM defund the police ANTI COP thing. Those thousands. Everything has an equal and opposite reaction, its a law of nature.

Yes

Don't get me wrong: Detroit and Chicago especially had HUGE upsurge in homicide rates after this BLM defund the police ANTI COP thing. Those thousands. Everything has an equal and opposite reaction, its a law of nature.
So Detroit and Chicago never had a homicide until BLM started the slogan of "Defund da Poleece"?

Yes

That is both a specious as well as a juvenile argument.

If by "crime" you mean actual crimes then that person would be subject to indictment once out of office.

The Constitution only allows for the trial in the Senate of an officeholder. There is no Constitutional warrant to try a former officeholder.

I can't believe she was a teacher. No wonder there are so many idiots running around.

Simply because Trump bad and we butt hurt. The whole democrat thinking, or actually lack there of. They are hoping that if they can play this out it will keep non politicians from attempting to run for office. The main hope is that it will somehow keep Trump from running again.

Forum List

Back