Was this Trump impeachment legal or even necessary?

It is about justice. The man did everything in his power to remain in office illegally, after he had fairly lost the election. First he used a shitload of lies, a plethora of frivolous lawsuits, tried strong arming state officials to overturn election results in their states, and when none of that worked, he set up a monster rally on the day of the electoral certification and sent an insurrectionist minded mob to the Capitol to stop it.

Democrat vindictiveness, my ass. If he doesn't face justice, it will be because the Republicans in the senate have no spine.

He believed he was cheated and made a scene about it. The left likes to play this game where they pretend Trump knew he lost and was trying to cause trouble anyway. I really don't think that's reality. I think he did and still does actually believe he was cheated, and now the left wants to punish him for it.

Last edited:
Yes

If you think otherwise, you believe that the President can commit any crime in his last days in office without consequence.

So much for the party of law and order
Lets ignore the 800 lb gorilla in the room: that Democrats ACTUALY did what they allege Trump was supposed to have done for one day. THEY did this over a span of months and they are responsible for thousands killed and the destruction of billions of dollars of property.
Thousands were killed?....Which war was this?
Don't get me wrong: Detroit and Chicago especially had HUGE upsurge in homicide rates after this BLM defund the police ANTI COP thing. Those thousands. Everything has an equal and opposite reaction, its a law of nature.
So Detroit and Chicago never had a homicide until BLM started the slogan of "Defund da Poleece"?
The hugenormously black on black murder rate and the overall high crime rate by blacks, lets ignore that. Because...racism is bad?

I am no legal/Constitutional scholar. But it seems that Democrats are over-reaching here just a tiny bit. This current endeavor of theirs seems petty and vindictive. And hypocritical as hell. We have had race riots and civil unrest for months driven by Democrats' tacit support of the groups that rioted, did nothing to stop the riots, and gave moral and ethical support (burn that bitch down crap), crowdfunded and bailed out race rioters. Because, hey: "Racism bad". Excuse me, remind me, WHY are WE impeaching someone that isn't even in office?
Legal and necessary, unless you want another president to rally people to attack our capital and democracy itself.

You do know that President Trump is most likely going to be exonerated in a few days?
Not Exonerated in any way, just not convicted in the Senate. Would not surprise me if they fail to honor their oaths and convict. Trumpist care more about trump than their country. Blowing off oaths is a thing with that crowd. Will still insure he is never elected again and unlikely we would trust anybody that lacking in character into that office again. Heck, I doubt there will be a republican president for at least the next 3 presidential election, that is like 16 years of Democratic rule. No telling what party will replace the Republican, as they have proven they cannot be trusted to care more about the country than their jobs.

I don't see where the case against Trump has been proven at all- much less beyond a reasonable doubt.

Video tapes of the ruckus at the Capitol are irrelevant. Everyone admits it was unfortunate. Showing them over and over again was just inflammatory. If Leaky Leahy had any honor, he would declare a mistrial.
It proved it, but what is this reasonable doubt schtick? That is for a criminal trial, only. In a criminal trial, you are trying to convince a jury that is a cross section that have pledged to look at the argument without bias or personal agenda. This is an impeachment trial. It is assumed the opposing party will definitively have bias that nobody in their right mind would allow on a jury of 12, until they have used up their allotted number of strikes. Trumpists supporting trump is a given. If the insurrectionists had actually gotten to Mike Pence, or other republicans it might be different. Who knows, a Democrat may agree with you, but I doubt it.

I'll settle for him never being able to hold public office again.

I really don't think he'd actually run again either way. But hey, at least you don't want him hanged or imprisoned for life like some of the other posters here.

Yes

If you think otherwise, you believe that the President can commit any crime in his last days in office without consequence.

So much for the party of law and order
Lets ignore the 800 lb gorilla in the room: that Democrats ACTUALY did what they allege Trump was supposed to have done for one day. THEY did this over a span of months and they are responsible for thousands killed and the destruction of billions of dollars of property.
Thousands were killed?....Which war was this?
Don't get me wrong: Detroit and Chicago especially had HUGE upsurge in homicide rates after this BLM defund the police ANTI COP thing. Those thousands. Everything has an equal and opposite reaction, its a law of nature.
So Detroit and Chicago never had a homicide until BLM started the slogan of "Defund da Poleece"?
The hugenouously highly black on black murder rate and the overall high crime rate by blacks, lets ignore that. because...racism is bad?
Yes, blacks kill blacks and whites kill whites...Humans can be terrible

It is about justice. The man did everything in his power to remain in office illegally, after he had fairly lost the election. First he used a shitload of lies, a plethora of frivolous lawsuits, tried strong arming state officials to overturn election results in their states, and when none of that worked, he set up a monster rally on the day of the electoral certification and sent an insurrectionist minded mob to the Capitol to stop it.

Democrat vindictiveness, my ass. If he doesn't face justice, it will be because the Republicans in the senate have no spine.

He believed he was cheated and made a scene about it. The left likes to play this game where they pretend Trump knew he lost and was trying to cause trouble anyway. I really don't think that's reality. I think he did and still does actually believe he was cheated, and now the left wants to punish him for it.
If after ALL the evidence to the contrary, he still believed (believes) he was cheated, then he should have been 25th-d out months ago. The man has lost touch with reality if that is the case, and that is also dangerous when you sit in the most powerful seat in the world.

However, I think he knew. He didn't like it and he hoped to cheat and finagle it into a win, but he knew.

I am no legal/Constitutional scholar. But it seems that Democrats are over-reaching here just a tiny bit. This current endeavor of theirs seems petty and vindictive. And hypocritical as hell. We have had race riots and civil unrest for months driven by Democrats' tacit support of the groups that rioted, did nothing to stop the riots, and gave moral and ethical support (burn that bitch down crap), crowdfunded and bailed out race rioters. Because, hey: "Racism bad". Excuse me, remind me, WHY are WE impeaching someone that isn't even in office?
Legal and necessary, unless you want another president to rally people to attack our capital and democracy itself.

You do know that President Trump is most likely going to be exonerated in a few days?
Not Exonerated in any way, just not convicted in the Senate. Would not surprise me if they fail to honor their oaths and convict. Trumpist care more about trump than their country. Blowing off oaths is a thing with that crowd. Will still insure he is never elected again and unlikely we would trust anybody that lacking in character into that office again. Heck, I doubt there will be a republican president for at least the next 3 presidential election, that is like 16 years of Democratic rule. No telling what party will replace the Republican, as they have proven they cannot be trusted to care more about the country than their jobs.

I don't see where the case against Trump has been proven at all- much less beyond a reasonable doubt.

Video tapes of the ruckus at the Capitol are irrelevant. Everyone admits it was unfortunate. Showing them over and over again was just inflammatory. If Leaky Leahy had any honor, he would declare a mistrial.
It proved it, but what is this reasonable doubt schtick? That is for a criminal trial, only. In a criminal trial, you are trying to convince a jury that is a cross section that have pledged to look at the argument without bias or personal agenda. This is an impeachment trial. It is assumed the opposing party will definitively have bias that nobody in their right mind would allow on a jury of 12, until they have used up their allotted number of strikes. Trumpists supporting trump is a given. If the insurrectionists had actually gotten to Mike Pence, or other republicans it might be different. Who knows, a Democrat may agree with you, but I doubt it.

I didn't see any connection established between Trump and that Viking fellow or any of the other so-called "insurrectionists" or rioters or hooligans at the Capitol on 6 January.

No conspiracy at all was established, the rioters weren't called, none of them testified at all that "Trump forced them" or how Trump supposedly did that. Isn't that the elements of the high crime Trump stands accused of? Shouldn't the Senators have heard from these folks, under oath and cross examined?

They had a large increase in homicides in many large cities this past summer.

They had a large increase in homicides in many large cities this past summer.

Helps to keep the population down. Murder is up all over the US 30% even in those Republican led heavens.

The man has lost touch with reality if that is the case

Would that really be the thing that convinced you he's out of touch with reality? Where have you been?
However, I think he knew. He didn't like it and he hoped to cheat and finagle it into a win, but he knew.

Do 70 million Trump supporters secretly know too? I think you're giving him too much credit. He was surrounded by people that were reinforcing that belief. News outlets he trusts were trumpeting it 24/7. Nah, he definitely believes he was cheated, and his supporters believe it too.

Last edited:
Modern Democrats use "RACISM" the same way retro soviet Democratic liberals used "counter-revolutionaries" It's just a word, but it means anyone that opposes THEM.

The man has lost touch with reality if that is the case

Would that really be the thing that convinced you he's out of touch with reality? Where have you been?

Do 70 million Trump supporters secretly know too? I think you're giving him too much credit. He was SURROUNDED by people that were reinforcing that belief. News outlets he trusts were trumpeting it. Nah, he definitely believes he was cheated, and his supporters believe it too.
Okay. We're both guessing. You're right he was surrounded by people telling him what he wanted to hear. You could be right, but it takes a lot of planned ignoring of the facts. I was giving him a little more credit than that.

You're right. You are no scholar.

It is legal because Trump was impeached while in office.
It is necessary because, as CLEARLY described in Trump's first impeachment, if we don't respond it will encourage another insurrection.
Which is what Trump did in January.

No he will not be "exonerated"
He may be found "not guilty"

But
The evidence is clear. He is guilty.

I didn't see any connection established between Trump and that Viking fellow or any of the other so-called "insurrectionists" or rioters or hooligans at the Capitol on 6 January.

No conspiracy at all was established, the rioters weren't called, none of them testified at all that "Trump forced them" or how Trump supposedly did that. Isn't that the elements of the high crime Trump stands accused of? Shouldn't the Senators have heard from these folks, under oath and cross examined?
Trump is a magnet for malcontents and he has always favored violent action and instincts of others as long as he doesn't have to take a chance himself and he can disavow and throw them under the bus just as easily as he does servicemen. They were just too stupid to know it.

He should pay for murdering that cop. Are you watching the trial? It’s bad.

The impeachment of Trump was perfectly legal and necessary; indeed, it would have been wrong for the House to ignore Trump’s attack on America’s democracy and jeopardizing the lives of members of Congress simply because Trump would be gone in a few weeks.

To have done nothing in response to Trump’s treachery would have been as reprehensible and wrong as Trump’s criminal acts.

Forum List

Back