Was this Trump impeachment legal or even necessary?

I am no legal/Constitutional scholar. But it seems that Democrats are over-reaching here just a tiny bit. This current endeavor of theirs seems petty and vindictive. And hypocritical as hell. We have had race riots and civil unrest for months driven by Democrats' tacit support of the groups that rioted, did nothing to stop the riots, and gave moral and ethical support (burn that bitch down crap), crowdfunded and bailed out race rioters. Because, hey: "Racism bad". Excuse me, remind me, WHY are WE impeaching someone that isn't even in office?
He should pay for murdering that cop. Are you watching the trial? It’s bad.
There is no connection proven between an illegal act of Donald J Trump and the death of any police officer.

Democrats show film strips as if it proves something. We want facts. There is something called the Kuleshov effect.

I am no legal/Constitutional scholar. But it seems that Democrats are over-reaching here just a tiny bit. This current endeavor of theirs seems petty and vindictive. And hypocritical as hell. We have had race riots and civil unrest for months driven by Democrats' tacit support of the groups that rioted, did nothing to stop the riots, and gave moral and ethical support (burn that bitch down crap), crowdfunded and bailed out race rioters. Because, hey: "Racism bad". Excuse me, remind me, WHY are WE impeaching someone that isn't even in office?
There is no connection proven between an illegal act of Donald J Trump and the death of any police officer.
They are discussing this right now at his trial. He sent a mob down to riot. Are you kidding?

Democrats used the rioters’ own videos and words from Jan. 6 to pin responsibility on Trump. “We were invited here,” said one. “Trump sent us,” said another. “He’ll be happy. We’re fighting for Trump.”

Trump, they said, laid the predicate for the attack by stoking false claims of fraud, encouraging supporters to come to Washington and then fanning the discontent with his rhetoric about fighting and taking back the country.

“This attack never would have happened but for Donald Trump,” Rep. Madeleine Dean, one of the impeachment managers.

That is true! They wouldn't have stormed the capitol if Trump didn't tell them to.

Let's remember Trump's tweet before he became president. "Leadership, whatever happens, you're responsible"

‘Fight like hell, or you won’t have a country anymore,’

He sent the mob. PERIOD. Just like Charles Manson sent his cult members out. If Manson used Trump's defense you wouldn't believe him.

Democrats used the rioters’ own videos and words from Jan. 6 to pin responsibility on Trump. “We were invited here,” said one. “Trump sent us,” said another. “He’ll be happy. We’re fighting for Trump.”

Trump, they said, laid the predicate for the attack by stoking false claims of fraud, encouraging supporters to come to Washington and then fanning the discontent with his rhetoric about fighting and taking back the country.

“This attack never would have happened but for Donald Trump,” Rep. Madeleine Dean, one of the impeachment managers.

That is true! They wouldn't have stormed the capitol if Trump didn't tell them to.

Let's remember Trump's tweet before he became president. "Leadership, whatever happens, you're responsible"

He sent the mob. PERIOD. Just like Charles Manson sent his cult members out. If Manson used Trump's defense you wouldn't believe him.

Just because these rioters said that "Trump sent them" doesn't mean anything. Trump never met any of these people, never spoke to them on the phone, sent them a letter.

Legal and necessary, unless you want another president to rally people to attack our capital and democracy itself.

You do know that President Trump is most likely going to be exonerated in a few days?
Not Exonerated in any way, just not convicted in the Senate. Would not surprise me if they fail to honor their oaths and convict. Trumpist care more about trump than their country. Blowing off oaths is a thing with that crowd. Will still insure he is never elected again and unlikely we would trust anybody that lacking in character into that office again. Heck, I doubt there will be a republican president for at least the next 3 presidential election, that is like 16 years of Democratic rule. No telling what party will replace the Republican, as they have proven they cannot be trusted to care more about the country than their jobs.

I don't see where the case against Trump has been proven at all- much less beyond a reasonable doubt.

Video tapes of the ruckus at the Capitol are irrelevant. Everyone admits it was unfortunate. Showing them over and over again was just inflammatory. If Leaky Leahy had any honor, he would declare a mistrial.
It proved it, but what is this reasonable doubt schtick? That is for a criminal trial, only. In a criminal trial, you are trying to convince a jury that is a cross section that have pledged to look at the argument without bias or personal agenda. This is an impeachment trial. It is assumed the opposing party will definitively have bias that nobody in their right mind would allow on a jury of 12, until they have used up their allotted number of strikes. Trumpists supporting trump is a given. If the insurrectionists had actually gotten to Mike Pence, or other republicans it might be different. Who knows, a Democrat may agree with you, but I doubt it.

I didn't see any connection established between Trump and that Viking fellow or any of the other so-called "insurrectionists" or rioters or hooligans at the Capitol on 6 January.

No conspiracy at all was established, the rioters weren't called, none of them testified at all that "Trump forced them" or how Trump supposedly did that. Isn't that the elements of the high crime Trump stands accused of? Shouldn't the Senators have heard from these folks, under oath and cross examined?
Trump is a magnet for malcontents and he has always favored violent action and instincts of others as long as he doesn't have to take a chance himself and he can disavow and throw them under the bus just as easily as he does servicemen. They were just too stupid to know it.
Some of them might love the notoriety and reputation they get in their towns after they are let out of prison. And they will still hunt with guns even though they are felons just don’t let dnr catch you. That’s another felony. Can’t own guns anymore.

Just because these rioters said that "Trump sent them" doesn't mean anything. Trump never met any of these people, never spoke to them on the phone, sent them a letter.
They were at his rally

There is a picture of trump standing with those two criminal Russians. Even if trump was in pictures with the insurrectionists you wouldn’t care.

He tweeted them. That’s his way of communicating with them. We saw what they told him.

Wait one second. Are you admitting the insurrectionists were wrong doing what they did? Why? If the election was really rigged they would all be patriots. You’re now saying they were wrong?

Yes

If you think otherwise, you believe that the President can commit any crime in his last days in office without consequence.

So much for the party of law and order
You must believe in fairy tales then because if the ONLY way a president can be brought to justice is through impeachment then he CAN commit any crime at ANY point of his presidency because impeachment is a political process, dummy. Which is why not indicting a sitting president for a crime he committed in office and leaving it to congress to decide his fate is a bad fucking idea. Only a fuckin' moron would think that it's a good idea to let a bunch of politicians decide innocence or guilt.

So Trump did commit a crime in his last days in office and probably everyday in office and will most likely get away with it. Unless of course you think politicians want to establish the precedent of indicting former presidents for crimes while in office. Cause I don't think they will. They didn't indict Nixon. They don't want that can of worms opened up. Swords cut both ways.

It is abusing impeachment process paid for by taxpayers for free political campaigning against Trump. It does not meet standards of a real criminal trial for seditious insurrection or terrorist attacks and conspiracy. Opponents cannot meet real legal standards of criminal and federal process being applied to the participants getting formally charged with evidence. So they are politicizing and abusing this process (even using edited video taken out of context) to campaign against Trump in the media, and abuse govt to deprive his rights to run for office. Half the people sincerely believe his political protests qualify as seditious insurrection. Others see this as political only. We need a neutral independent commission to sort out the deliberate from the negligent abuse of govt to violate equal civil rights on both sides.

Legal and necessary, unless you want another president to rally people to attack our capital and democracy itself.
Obviously according to the voices in your head as opposed to reality. What a shit existence lefties lead.

Obviously according to the voices in your head as opposed to reality. What a shit existence lefties lead.
If I meet one I will ask them for ya.

Both Trump impeachments are/were based on supposition and presumption. Basically it boils down to this: in both cases, the president actually said this but various people have stood up and said "yeah, but I think he meant that". At no time does Trump ever tell anybody to break into the capitol building and disrupt the proceedings, and never says anything about damaging anything or harming anyone. The democrats can interpret what Trump said as an incitement to violence, but Trump never advocates violence. The word "fight" does not always connotate physical violence, in politics both sides use that word to mean oppose something; one cannot assume it means something different because it's Trump saying it. Yet that appears to be exactly what the democrats are doing.

Legal, maybe.

Clearly unnecessary. Just another excuse for the dems to strut around and bitch, which is pretty much all they've done for 4 years.

It's all about preventing Trump from beating them again.

"Plan B: Schumer comments on next steps to punish Trump if impeachment fails

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer has publicly confirmed that he’s aware of and possibly willing to consider a backup plan that would prevent former President Donald Trump from running for office again even if he isn’t convicted in his ongoing impeachment trial.

During a Democrat press conference ahead of Thursday’s impeachment proceedings, he was asked specifically about the plan, which calls for using an obscure provision in the 14th Amendment to prevent Trump’s potential reelection.

Sen. Chris Coons, D-Del., told reporters Tuesday that what Kaine and Collins are looking to do is ‘include the elements of the 14th Amendment that lead to disqualification from future office.'”

The 14th Amendment contains a provision that essentially states that anybody who’s “engaged in insurrection or rebellion” against the government may not “hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or any any state.”

They fear this guy.....and with good reason: he was a better President than any of them.

Both Trump impeachments are/were based on supposition and presumption. Basically it boils down to this: in both cases, the president actually said this but various people have stood up and said "yeah, but I think he meant that". At no time does Trump ever tell anybody to break into the capitol building and disrupt the proceedings, and never says anything about damaging anything or harming anyone. The democrats can interpret what Trump said as an incitement to violence, but Trump never advocates violence. The word "fight" does not always connotate physical violence, in politics both sides use that word to mean oppose something; one cannot assume it means something different because it's Trump saying it. Yet that appears to be exactly what the democrats are doing.

Here's why it is soooooo important to the Democrats.

• It is to mitigate, to hide, to lessen their culpability for a year-long series of riots that they authorized, supported, and ignored.

• It provides the excuse for the impeachment charade, which is simple to find a way to prevent Trump from running and beating them again.

• The fact that they need this charade proves once and for all, that Trump actually won the rigged election: if Biden had actually gotten more votes than Trump, they wouldn’t be as fearful of a re-match, with more eyes on those swing states.

Yes

If you think otherwise, you believe that the President can commit any crime in his last days in office without consequence.

So much for the party of law and order
Lets ignore the 800 lb gorilla in the room: that Democrats ACTUALY did what they allege Trump was supposed to have done for one day. THEY did this over a span of months and they are responsible for thousands killed and the destruction of billions of dollars of property.
Thousands were killed?....Which war was this?
Don't get me wrong: Detroit and Chicago especially had HUGE upsurge in homicide rates after this BLM defund the police ANTI COP thing. Those thousands. Everything has an equal and opposite reaction, its a law of nature.
Chicago has a surge in homicides every weekend. Don't try to draw conclusions between BLM protests and the massacres on the South and West sides.

Forum List

Back