Wasabi !!!!!!!!!!!!

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
Man I love that stuff!

I am eating some tater tots dipped in wasabi right now!:eusa_drool:

I use it on a lot of foods, how about you?

(A couple of nights ago I dipped my pizza in it)

I love it!

Do you get prepared or do you make it yourself from powder? I get the powder in 1# bags.

Wasabi? Green horseradish? I love horseradish on beef.

Take thinly sliced roast beef. spread cream sheese on it and roll it up in little rolls. dip in horseradish and ummmm ummmm good.

I never ate it, but it is something hot. There also exist a movie with Jean Reno with Wasabi title. From this movie I know it is hot. But I doubt it is as hot as the things I usually eat.

I never ate it, but it is something hot. There also exist a movie with Jean Reno with Wasabi title. From this movie I know it is hot. But I doubt it is as hot as the things I usually eat.

Yep, its hot. Have you ever had sushi? Its one of the condiments you get with it.

a little gives a nice zip. BUT, use too much and it's like someone sicced a car battery on your mouth for a minute.

Yep, its hot. Have you ever had sushi? Its one of the condiments you get with it.

No, I never ate Sushi and was never in a Japanese restaurant. Smoked salmon is the only raw fish I eat and that seldom.

In supermarkets they sell potato chips Wasabi flavored. The potato chips are always near the nuts and almonds which I buy, and the Wasabi chips were in a green colored packaging, so it distinguishes from the other packagings and it catched my eye. They also sell Mexican sauce for Tortillas and Chips. I have to look more precisely if they also have Wasabi.

No, I never ate Sushi and was never in a Japanese restaurant. Smoked salmon is the only raw fish I eat and that seldom.

In supermarkets they sell potato chips Wasabi flavored. The potato chips are always near the nuts and almonds which I buy, and the Wasabi chips were in a green colored packaging, so it distinguishes from the other packagings and it catched my eye. They also sell Mexican sauce for Tortillas and Chips. I have to look more precisely if they also have Wasabi.

Look in the asian section. They will have two different kinds. "Prepared" which is ready to go and "powdered" which you add a small bit of hot water at a time to it until it becomes a thick paste.

Try the wasabi chips or nuts and that will give you an idea of the flavor. The "hotness" will depend on how much of it they use on the product.

I eat this on a daily basis. Either in a meal or with bread.
Under the sun (2-6 weeks) it becomes the red paste, the longer it stays under the sun the hotter it becomes. You also add tomatoes and some other spices in the processing.
My mother always cooked with this. My aunt prepared it and left it on the flat housetop for the sun to shine on it.

They also sell it as bulk commodity in supermarkets, but those are not much hot because it is too much tomatoes in it.

IMG_5579.jpg

salca3.jpg

I eat this on a daily basis. Either in a meal or with bread.
Under the sun (2-6 weeks) it becomes the red paste, the longer it stays under the sun the hotter it becomes. You also add tomatoes and some other spices in the processing.
My mother always cooked with this. My aunt prepared it and left it on the flat housetop for the sun to shine on it.

They also sell it as bulk commodity in supermarkets, but those are not much hot because it is too much tomatoes in it.

IMG_5579.jpg

salca3.jpg

Cool!

Do you know the verity of pepper? What is the final product called?

Take some shredded boiled ham and mound enough to make a sandwich in a skillet sized to put on a slice of toast. Fry it on one side, turn it over and put a slice of American cheese on the ham. When the cheese melts, transfer to a slice of toast., put some horsey sauce (Horseradish sauce) on it, cover with the second slice of toast and JUST EAT IT.

Forum List

Back