Watch Out for the Scam holidays

Dalia

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2016
France
There are several scams during the holidays.

Like for a start False rental ads
Vanned by the trip, you finally arrive at your vacation spot. And there, surprise! The accommodation does not look like the advertised description: the pool is smaller than the photos, the view is mediocre, shops are only accessible by car ... As for the area, the house seems closer to the 100 square meters than 120 displayed. And the proximity of the sea is actually that of the port, where swimming is impossible. To avoid this kind of disappointment, take a look at Google maps. It is also rare that the owner mentions that the apartment is noisy (it will rather evoke a "busy" street).

Did you ever have that kind of experience ?

Last edited:
I like the one that says I won a free vacation. All I have to do is pay taxes. Then I tell them I don't travel.

Scams? Heck, I’m gonna have so much money in a day or two, supposed to have been yesterday, I’m not gonna worry about some schmuck beating me out of a few bucks. I’ll be moving in over on East St. and all because of a chance email meeting with a nice Nigerian fellow.

Scams? Heck, I’m gonna have so much money in a day or two, supposed to have been yesterday, I’m not gonna worry about some schmuck beating me out of a few bucks. I’ll be moving in over on East St. and all because of a chance email meeting with a nice Nigerian fellow.
We had here in 2016 a member who sent PM's to say that he needed help because he was a navy caught in a Middle Eastern country without money he said it's not a joke that he would give me the money he would come to hand it to me
I told him you know sir me I am a good person but I am not American so ask for help to the Americans.
I have never heard of him, he was Banned but he did try well.

I got burned

Vanned by the trip, you finally arrive at your vacation spot. And there, surprise! The accommodation does not look like the advertised description: the pool is smaller than the photos, the view is mediocre, shops are only accessible by car ... As for the area, the house seems closer to the 100 square meters than 120 displayed. And the proximity of the sea is actually that of the port, where swimming is impossible. To avoid this kind of disappointment, take a look at Google maps. It is also rare that the owner mentions that the apartment is noisy (it will rather evoke a "busy" street).

Does this answer your question?: Booking.Com Is A Scam

I got burned

Does this answer your question?: Booking.Com Is A Scam
Ha, My little sister got screw up when she made her honeymoon in Jamaica, a horror she was at a reputable travel agency and she looked at the photos anyway she paid attention.
But once there it was not at all like she would have thought.
Everyone was making the quest for money she was entitled to the bus ride in the small hills at a very dangerous crazy speed Once on the spot she and her husband had to climb stairs but really it was high in a heat overwhelming she told me that the toilet was clogged but the worst is that she was exhausted so she took a nap and she woke up because something was licking her leg, shit she was scared it was a Lizard kind of big who was in the room.:badgrin:
She wanted to challenge this rotten trip but it was hopeless.

Forum List

Back