We import more oil from Canada than from any other country

We import 3.4 million barrels of oil per day from Canada.

Without Keystone, industry must find new paths for oil

Of course "Chicago's democrat machine," & Obamas home town got their keystone pipeline without so much as a whimper from the usual Eco-tards. What the hells up with that?

I never saw Niel Young or Darryl Hannah protesting the gulf extension. And that was finished in January 2014 and crude has been flowing since then.

No protests over the Alberta Clipper extension. Nor over Southern Lights.

Of course "Chicago's democrat machine," & Obamas home town got their keystone pipeline without so much as a whimper from the usual Eco-tards. What the hells up with that?

I never saw Niel Young or Darryl Hannah protesting the gulf extension. And that was finished in January 2014 and crude has been flowing since then.

What extensions are you referring to, that are supposedly complete ?

Last edited:

Cushing to Nederland was the last leg of the original Keystone. That was finished and pumping crude in January 2014.

220px-Keystone-pipeline-route.png

And you have the Alberta Clipper and Southern Lights that were finished in the same time period that the eco whackos were freaking out over XL.

Alberta Clipper and Southern Lights - Enbridge Inc.

Clipper_Lights_Map.jpg

How about instead of Keystone we offer up some nice solar energy?

Cushing to Nederland was the last leg of the original Keystone. That was finished and pumping crude in January 2014.

And you have the Alberta Clipper and Southern Lights that were finished in the same time period that the eco whackos were freaking out over XL.

Clipper_Lights_Map.jpg

That pipeline was built to alleviate a bottleneck between Cushing and our gulf coast refineries.

Is any of that Balkan oil making it down to our gulf coast refineries via pipeline yet? There was some talk about building a connector between Cushing and the Balkan oil fields a while back.

Clipper_Lights_Map.jpg

That pipeline was built to alleviate a bottleneck between Cushing and our gulf coast refineries.

Is any of that Balkan oil making it down to our gulf coast refineries via pipeline yet? There was some talk about building a connector between Cushing and the Balkan oil fields a while back.

Cushing to the Gulf was Phase 3 of the Keystone.

From what I've been reading the Bakken production is currently being handled by rail and transport truck. With Obama blocking the Keystone XL I don't know anyone other than Enbridge talking about linking the Bakken crude to refineries on the east coast.

Last edited:

Clipper_Lights_Map.jpg

From what I've been reading the Bakken production is currently being handled by rail and transport truck. With Obama blocking the Keystone XL I don't know anyone other than Enbridge talking about linking the Bakken crude to refineries on the east coast.

I feel sorry for Canada

Obama is so mean to them

Better talk to the land owners in NE who don't want the pipeline.

The Nebraska Supreme Court earlier this year gave the go ahead for the pipeline. But Trans Canada in their wisdom is giving up battling with the landowners in court and are now going to submit to a review by the Public Service Commission.

Smart move.

"Cooper said the company intends to seek approval for the same route that was approved by the governor, but reapplying through the commission provides "the clearest path to achieving route certainty," given the lawsuits that sought to overturn Nebraska's three-year-old pipeline-siting law.

"It ultimately saves time, reduces conflict with those who oppose the project and sets clear rules for approval of the route," Cooper said."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/tra...ska-landowners-blocking-keystone-xl-1.3250037

Last edited:

Clipper_Lights_Map.jpg

Cushing to the Gulf was Phase 3 of the Keystone.

I don't have all the details but I suspect at least some of that Balkan oil is piped to nearby northern tier state refineries. To what extent, I don't know. That's just a guess on my part.

Crude oil transport by truck, already the most expensive alternative is usually flawed even more so by company's trying to custom build trucks to carry larger quanaries of crude, that in the end, are no where near productive enough to justify the added expense of going big.

I crunched the numbers on a 250 mile "crude oil haul" back in the late 1970's and came up with some very interesting results. And horror of horrors, based entirely on my numbers, some of which were merely projections, took my recommendations to heart by changing the fleet over to regular sized trucks special ordered from the manufacturer for hauling crude oil. All fuel trucks are custom built anyway so there was no added cost specing the trucks for hauling crude. Thankfully it worked out as projected. Definitely a feather in my cap

Forum List

Back