We live in a Kakistocracy

They then did not instruct the individual poll workers how to use the list.

They were fully aware of what would happen.

Thousands of legal voters lost their right to vote in mostly Poor and black enclaves.

http://www.usccr.gov/pubs/vote2000/report/ch5.htm

"DBT Online advised the Division of Elections of the likelihood that a significant number of false positives existed and made recommendations to reduce those numbers, according to Mr. Bruder.[62] He further asserted that DBT Online specifically suggested to state officials that narrow criteria be used in creating the lists, which would lower the false-positive rate, and therefore, minimize errors in the number of names matched.[63] Mr. Bruder testified that the company recommended, for example, that it develop criteria requiring an exact match on the first and middle names. Thus, a Floridian named Deborah Ann would not match with the name Ann Deborah.[64] But the Division of Elections favored more inclusive criteria and chose to “make it go both ways,” as Mr. Bruder recalls it.[65] In addition, he pointed out that state officials set parameters that required a 90 percent match in the last name, rather than an exact match.[66] Mr. Bruder insisted that “the state dictated to us that they wanted to go broader, and we did it in the fashion that they requested.”[67]"

Is that your attempt at a summary? RSR, is that you?

They then did not instruct the individual poll workers how to use the list.

They were fully aware of what would happen.

Thousands of legal voters lost their right to vote in mostly Poor and black enclaves.

Okay. That clears everything up. :shock:

I really wish you would at least scan it.

It is about the very most precious thing we have in America ...the Ringt to vote.

It was taken away from thousands of Americans who had never even commited any felony.

Can you imagine if it was you?

How would you feel about the Republican party?

Imagine you are a Black woman in Florida and you go into vote and are told you cannot because your a felon when you have been an upstanding citizen all your life, how would you feel?

This is just one reason why we say the election system has been subverted.

The media ignored these FACTS!

We have been called Nutballs and all sorts of crap for merely wanting investigations into these facts and SOMEONE held responsible.

Without the sanctity of the vote we dont have a democracy anymore.

I really wish you would at least scan it.

It is about the very most precious thing we have in America ...the Ringt to vote.

It was taken away from thousands of Americans who had never even commited any felony.

Can you imagine if it was you?

How would you feel about the Republican party?

Imagine you are a Black woman in Florida and you go into vote and are told you cannot because your a felon when you have been an upstanding citizen all your life, how would you feel?
I did, it was a bunch of legal jumbo. I haven't the ability to get riled up about felons' right to vote. I think they should lose it when convicted, permanently.

Now if it shows the opposit, that good people were labeled felons, please highlight that, as I did several things I thought important like the SCOTUS ruling, which you ignored.

I did, it was a bunch of legal jumbo. I haven't the ability to get riled up about felons' right to vote. I think they should lose it when convicted, permanently.

Now if it shows the opposit, that good people were labeled felons, please highlight that, as I did several things I thought important like the SCOTUS ruling, which you ignored.

But they WEREN'T felons, Kathianne. They were just disenfranchised because their name was like the name of a felon in some cases.

Pat Buchanan himself estimates that around 8000 of his votes were specifically votes for Gore/ Lieberman...

And Matt, are you implying that because YOU did not have trouble reading the butterfly ballot (which is illegal in most states for a presidential election)
that the ten thousand people in west palm beach that claimed they did have a problem with it are just mentally retarded or LYING?

Are you saying that 10000 people claimed that they had a problem. Where is the proof? Do you have a list of the 10000 people who took the time and trouble to say that they had a problem with the Ballot? Did they have a problem before or after they voted?

It seems to me that if they had a problem with it before they voted, then they could have asked someone for assistance. “Sir, please help me to understand this ballot, but don’t tell me who to vote for. If I want to vote for Pat, what should I do? If I wanted to vote for Al, what should I do?” It is as simple as that.

If they had a problem after they voted then they lost their vote due to their own clumsiness and carelessness. “Gee. The advertisement made the widget seem so good. I bought it but now I realize that it is not what I really wanted. I did not read the fine print. I did not really intend to get this thing.” No. I don’t buy the “buyer’s remorse” copout.

I would not say that all of the 10000 were lying or retarded. I would suggest that a few of the people who supposedly had problems were lying for the sake of giving Gore supporters more support. I would also conclude that many of the voters were simply careless and did not carefully read the instructions and vote carefully.

KATHY!

Please I beseach you !

Thousands of people ,Americans , LOST THEIR RIGHT TO VOTE!
'
THEY DID NOT COMMIT ANY FELONIES!

their names were similar to a felons and they DID NOTHING!

TM I beseech you! Read!

But they WEREN'T felons, Kathianne. They were just disenfranchised because their name was like the name of a felon in some cases.

The only point that I would concede to is that people who were on the list but were not felons should have been allowed to vote. Yet, I doubt that those extra votes would have made a difference. That is the extent of it.

And I asked him/her to highlight what in that like 10 page ramble, he/she wished to bring to our attention, ie., something I could check out. Not so hard.

The only point that I would concede to is that people who were on the list but were not felons should have been allowed to vote. Yet, I doubt that those extra votes would have made a difference. That is the extent of it.

Wiki quotes an estimate of 97% rate of failure of the names.

that means thousands of people were disenfranchised by this item alone.

The election was given to Bush with a lead of like 500 people.

The people on the list were predomanately poor and black.

I jhave been giving this information it just gets by past and not read.

Then I get insulted .

If you really want to discuss you need to read what people post and then comment on it.

Think of how many times you have insulted me in this thread saying I was too stupid to read.

I dont think you are stupid ,I think you are preconvienced and are begining to open your mind to the facts.

Are you saying that 10000 people claimed that they had a problem. Where is the proof? Do you have a list of the 10000 people who took the time and trouble to say that they had a problem with the Ballot? Did they have a problem before or after they voted?

It seems to me that if they had a problem with it before they voted, then they could have asked someone for assistance. “Sir, please help me to understand this ballot, but don’t tell me who to vote for. If I want to vote for Pat, what should I do? If I wanted to vote for Al, what should I do?” It is as simple as that.

If they had a problem after they voted then they lost their vote due to their own clumsiness and carelessness. “Gee. The advertisement made the widget seem so good. I bought it but now I realize that it is not what I really wanted. I did not read the fine print. I did not really intend to get this thing.” No. I don’t buy the “buyer’s remorse” copout.

I would not say that all of the 10000 were lying or retarded. I would suggest that a few of the people who supposedly had problems were lying for the sake of giving Gore supporters more support. I would also conclude that many of the voters were simply careless and did not carefully read the instructions and vote carefully.

yes matt, they misunderstood which box to check for gore, the box that they thought was the box for gore was actually the box for bucannon....please, read up on it...calls came in as early as 8 am in the morning complaing about the confusion on the ballot the day of the election.

and yes matt, pat bucannon ran NO POLITICAL ADVERTISING and did no campaigning in palm beach country and spent no money in palm beech county for his election, but in broward county, he spent near all of his florida campaign money with advertising and 4 different appearances...

when the votes came in pat b got something like 4000 votes in broward county and 15000 votes in palm beach county where he didn't spend a dime or his time....

yes matt, citizens that were registered to vote, voted for gore, only later to find out the box next to gore/lieberman that they checked was for bucannon.... i am certain you can find a kazillion articles in the palm beach post's archives

anyway.... i can't discuss this anymore...it always ends the same way...both sides disagreeing.... :(

care

Then I get insulted .

If you really want to discuss you need to read what people post and then comment on it.

Think of how many times you have insulted me in this thread saying I was too stupid to read.

I dont think you are stupid ,I think you are preconvienced and are begining to open your mind to the facts.

Listen, I'll try to make this simple. You posted a link, to a site that is extraordinarily long. I asked you to please highlight what you thought was important OR to summarize. You just rant about thousands, without giving a person anything to verify what you rant about. Not happening.

Then I get insulted .

Can you help me with this word? I couldn't find it in the dictionary.

I'm open to facts, just not misinterpretation of purported facts.

Im glad you enjoy my creative wordsmithing.

But I hope you will not punish the facts because of it.

Listen, I'll try to make this simple. You posted a link, to a site that is extraordinarily long. I asked you to please highlight what you thought was important OR to summarize. You just rant about thousands, without giving a person anything to verify what you rant about. Not happening.

but I have given proof in the posts in this thread all day long.

If you ask specific facts I will go get them for you.

But I hope you remember that is more than you were willing to do for me earlier.

I dont mind but please give me the same respect as I am willing to give you.

Forum List

Back