We need to change the Statue of Liberty.....

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Here is the inscription that is at the base of the Statue of Liberty....................

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door
!"

The New Colossus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The New Colossus" is a sonnet by American poet Emma Lazarus (1849–87), written in 1883.[2] In 1903, the poem was engraved on a bronze plaque and mounted inside the lower level of the pedestal of the Statue of Liberty.

Now................these refugee kids that are currently flooding the border certainly sound like what the statue (and our country) are supposed to stand for. These kids are poor, huddled and fleeing violence and murder in their own country. President Bush Jr. signed a LAW into effect in 2008 that covered situations like this, and it was for kids from any country that did not border the United States.

Sorry...................but if we can't allow these kids to stay, we're going to have to do one of 2 things, either (a) take down the plaque on the front of the Statue of Liberty, or (b) admit that we've gone so far away from our core values that we've become a nation of hypocrites.

BTW.........................unless you're a Native American, someone in your family had to emigrate to this country in the past 300 years.

BTW.........................unless you're a Native American, someone in your family had to emigrate to this country in the past 300 years.
Who was here before them?

Dinosaurs
Plants
Bacteria
Aliens
God

Dem dere Mexicans and Indians gotta' get in line! :D

Here is the inscription that is at the base of the Statue of Liberty....................

!"

"The New Colossus" is a sonnet by American poet Emma Lazarus (1849–87), written in 1883.[2] In 1903, the poem was engraved on a bronze plaque and mounted inside the lower level of the pedestal of the Statue of Liberty.

Now................these refugee kids that are currently flooding the border certainly sound like what the statue (and our country) are supposed to stand for. These kids are poor, huddled and fleeing violence and murder in their own country. President Bush Jr. signed a LAW into effect in 2008 that covered situations like this, and it was for kids from any country that did not border the United States.

Sorry...................but if we can't allow these kids to stay, we're going to have to do one of 2 things, either (a) take down the plaque on the front of the Statue of Liberty, or (b) admit that we've gone so far away from our core values that we've become a nation of hypocrites.

Why don't all you biker/sailors lift your own lamp beside your personal golden door and tell us how you made out with ten thousand walking disease incubators who have more lice than the average biker?

Yeah, and they either had to find a job and start working or they starved to death. There was no welfare state to prop them up with other people's money. Big difference from today. 21st century Americans have no clue what hard work is.

Yeah, and they either had to find a job and start working or they starved to death. There was no welfare state to prop them up with other people's money. Big difference from today. 21st century Americans have no clue what hard work is.

You're right.......................if they didn't listen to the Native Americans, they would starve to death.

The big money and the welfare state didn't start in 1776, it started much later when the people of this country got pissed at the robber barons in the late 1800's.

Matter of fact, the days of yore (like in the good old days) that the GOP has yearned for were in the 1950's, to 1970's.

That was during the time of the unions.

Tell that to Hawaiians

Really? Do you understand when Hawaii became a state?

It was around 1950, which is much later than most of the States.

Hawaii (Listeni/həˈwaɪ.iː/ or /həˈwaɪʔiː/; Hawaiian: Hawaiʻi [hɐˈvɐiʔi]) is the most recent of the 50 U.S. states and joined the Union on August 21, 1959. It is the only U.S. state located in Oceania and the only one made up entirely of islands. It is the northernmost island group in Polynesia, occupying most of an archipelago in the central Pacific Ocean.

Hawaii - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

!"

Why don't all you biker/sailors lift your own lamp beside your personal golden door and tell us how you made out with ten thousand walking disease incubators who have more lice than the average biker?

Where are the 10,000 walking disease incubators? Can you prove that they have more lice than the average biker?

We've only had around 50,000 refugees. It's much lower than what we've allowed from other countries.

As far as disease incubators?

Ebola has only been found in Africa, never in South America (which is where most of the refugees come from).

Dengue Fever is only spread via mosquitos, never from human to human via breathing.

Tuberculosis is something that they screen for and inoculate the kids. Those who are shown to be positive for the disease are screened and put into isolation.

Sorry................but with a bit of understanding (as well as the Internet) many people can see where the language of fear comes from, as well as can see where the language of fear is a whole bunch of bullshit.

You might be able to scare me, but with my access to the 'net and the fact that Google exists, you cannot tell me bullshit.

You can scare me, but you cannot bullshit me and keep me in fear.

As long as they emigrated legally, im fine with it.

Actually GooBoy...................the term "legal immigrant" has changed vastly over the years.

Back in the late 1700's, we'd accept anyone willing to fight for this country.

Around the 1800's, we decided we'd accept those we deemed worthy, but still allow those we didn't access to this country. (Wanna talk about the Asians and the Irish?)

Today? We think that anyone from outside of this country isn't worthy of belonging to it.

Sorry..................but I've been to 26 different countries, and many of them treat their citizens better than we do.

But then again...................I served over 20 years in the Navy and saw what actually happens beyond our borders.

"Breathe free" should be changed to "eat free".

You're right.......................it might work better as eat free.

However..........................we still have a responsibility for those under our roof.

Not only should they breathe free as you said, but they should have a right to eat free so that they can help this country be better.

Nobody functions well on an empty stomach.

As soon as America becomes majority hispanic, they will stop coming

Naw, they are coming to enjoy the fruits of the the white mans labor.

Do you rally think hispanics change who they are when they come to America?

However..........................we still have a responsibility for those under our roof.

Not only should they breathe free as you said, but they should have a right to eat free so that they can help this country be better.

An empty stomach is the best motivator, but that is something that doesn't sit well with the parasitic classes and those who champion them.

Naw, they are coming to enjoy the fruits of the the white mans labor.

Do you rally think hispanics change who they are when they come to America?

Actually...................no.

I think that they become who they can when they come to America.

An empty stomach is the best motivator, but that is something that doesn't sit well with the parasitic classes and those who champion them.

Nope..............thirst is a much bigger motivator.

An empty stomach may motivate most to a certain degree, but you can't really think if you're hungry.

Ask any military man who has been on the front lines (like me).

Forum List

Back