Welcome To The Bush-Obama White House: They're Spying On Us...

While it started with Bush, at this point it is the phone companies who want the court order renewed every 3 months.

Verizon providing all call records to U.S. under court order - The Washington Post

An expert in this aspect of the law said Wednesday night that the order appears to be a routine renewal of a similar order first issued by the same court in 2006. The expert, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive issues, said that the order is reissued routinely every 90 days and that it is not related to any particular investigation by the FBI or any other agency.

The expert referred to such orders as “rubber stamps” sought by the telephone companies to protect themselves after the disclosure in 2005 that widespread warrantless wiretaps could leave them liable for damages.

A "rubber stamp" as the unnamed expert - is still legally binding. Its not the President's duty to supervise whether a Justice in the judicial branch gives due scrutiny to the matters before him - that is Congress's job, who may correct such a situation through impeachment and removal of the Justice(s).

Spying is spying. It's not good.

Yeah tell that to the tens of thousands of GIs whose lives were spared because of SPYING on the Germans in WW II.

Paulitician was referring to spying in the domestic sense (after looking at the posts leading up to your comment).

Spying on Germans at a time when the Nazis were conquering Europe and killing millions of Jews = Justified.

Spying on Millions of US citizens at a time when it's more likely you die by getting struck by lightning than in a terrorist attack within the US = Unjustified.

See the difference?

Somebody explain how Obama doing this is not his fault simply because it was a Bush program Obama is currently abusing?

Is Obama not accountable for his own actions?

If the guy who had my job before me was a thief must I be a thief too?

You racist prick mudwhistle! Why don't you just call the president a "******" like you want to? :)

Somebody explain how Obama doing this is not his fault simply because it was a Bush program Obama is currently abusing?

Two posts you've typed and both focus on Obama. I'm sure there is a totally legit reason why that is. You never mention Bush. I'm sure there is a totally legit reason why you are ignoring that.

its NOT that you're a hack...no, no way

You mean, other than the fact that George W. Bush has not sat in the White House in over 5 years now?

Jesus Christ - talk about PARTISAN HACK! You want to discuss someone who has been gone for 5 freaking years so you can avoid discussing the highly illegal activities of the dirtbag Obama...

While it started with Bush, at this point it is the phone companies who want the court order renewed every 3 months.

Verizon providing all call records to U.S. under court order - The Washington Post

An expert in this aspect of the law said Wednesday night that the order appears to be a routine renewal of a similar order first issued by the same court in 2006. The expert, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive issues, said that the order is reissued routinely every 90 days and that it is not related to any particular investigation by the FBI or any other agency.

The expert referred to such orders as “rubber stamps” sought by the telephone companies to protect themselves after the disclosure in 2005 that widespread warrantless wiretaps could leave them liable for damages.

Are you seriously blaming the phone companies now?!?! When Bush does it - Bush is evil. When Obama does it - it's not his fault, it's the phone companies doing it....?!?! :lmao:
Can't you read, the phone companies are trying to cover their asses.

What.....the.....fuck does that have to do with anything being discussed here? Of course they are trying to cover their ass! Obama has already proved he will blame anything and anyone to protect his own position and power. He's thrown his own Secretary of State under the bus already to protect himself.

Why are you even discussing the phone companies - other than to avoid talking about Obama in a negative light. I guess you just can't stand the thought of fellating him like you do hourly if he's not the perfect, flawless little princess you have fantasized him to be.... God almighty are you a fuck'n buffoon trying to change the subject here :eusa_whistle:

Our Constiutional rights started seriously eroding thanks to the WAR ON DRUGS.

Most Americans at the time were not only sanguine with that, they APPROVED IT.

Some on this very board have expressed delight in the WAR on DRUGS

They were idiots then and they are still fucking idiots.

Cryptofacists, most of them, and they no doubt think they love FREEDOM, too..just so long as the right kind of people have it.

If you don't "express delight in the war on drugs" - there is something seriously disturbed about you. This is just as fuck'n stupid as saying "*some* delight in the war on pedophiles". Uh, yeah - I do delight in getting dirtbag pedophiles off of the street and in prisons where they belong. The question becomes, why don't you?

:cuckoo:

Spying is spying. It's not good.

Yeah tell that to the tens of thousands of GIs whose lives were spared because of SPYING on the Germans in WW II.

Paulitician was referring to spying in the domestic sense (after looking at the posts leading up to your comment).

Spying on Germans at a time when the Nazis were conquering Europe and killing millions of Jews = Justified.

Spying on Millions of US citizens at a time when it's more likely you die by getting struck by lightning than in a terrorist attack within the US = Unjustified.

See the difference?

Oops-I-poo-poo can't see the difference between anything. All he believes is:

black = good
white = bad
dumbocrat = free stuff for me = good
Republican = personal responsibility = bad

He literally has the IQ (and communicates like) of a cave man.

Two posts you've typed and both focus on Obama. I'm sure there is a totally legit reason why that is. You never mention Bush. I'm sure there is a totally legit reason why you are ignoring that.

its NOT that you're a hack...no, no way

You mean, other than the fact that George W. Bush has not sat in the White House in over 5 years now?

Jesus Christ - talk about PARTISAN HACK! You want to discuss someone who has been gone for 5 freaking years so you can avoid discussing the highly illegal activities of the dirtbag Obama...

I dare you to explain what Bush not being in the White House for 5 years has to do with the spying he did. Go head

Are you seriously blaming the phone companies now?!?! When Bush does it - Bush is evil. When Obama does it - it's not his fault, it's the phone companies doing it....?!?! :lmao:

What.....the.....fuck does that have to do with anything being discussed here? Of course they are trying to cover their ass! Obama has already proved he will blame anything and anyone to protect his own position and power. He's thrown his own Secretary of State under the bus already to protect himself.

Why are you even discussing the phone companies - other than to avoid talking about Obama in a negative light. I guess you just can't stand the thought of fellating him like you do hourly if he's not the perfect, flawless little princess you have fantasized him to be.... God almighty are you a fuck'n buffoon trying to change the subject here :eusa_whistle:
Hey dumbass, the phone companies wanted their asses covered from the time BUSH initiated the policy, long before Obama came on the scene.

Welcome to the precrime punishing world of "Minority Report". So far they missed the Boston Bombers, but they got to raid all the Boston homes. They will throw whistle blowers like Bradly Manning under the jail but still allow terrorist and our government to keep us terrorized.

Welcome to the precrime punishing world of "Minority Report". So far they missed the Boston Bombers, but they got to raid all the Boston homes. They will throw whistle blowers like Bradly Manning under the jail but still allow terrorist and our government to keep us terrorized.

Juts to expand on this great point - the government is collecting every single piece of electronic data on Americans (e-mail, text, phone calls, etc.) and is using the IRS to hound Americans relentlessly... yet .... when Russia warns them these two assholes are terrorists, they completely ignore the warning and continue to focus on us.

How exactly does one explain that?

Hey dumbass, the phone companies wanted their asses covered from the time BUSH initiated the policy, long before Obama came on the scene.

Again I ask: What.....the.....fuck does that have to do with anything being discussed here?

God almighty - what business would not want to legally protect themselves from being forced to engage in illegal activity. What does that have to do with ANYTHING?!?

Fascinating, but also very disturbing column by Ron Fournier.

The "Bush-Obama era" will be long remembered for curbing the Constitution.

Welcome to the era of Bush-Obama, a 16-year span of U.S. history that will be remembered for an unprecedented erosion of civil liberties and a disregard for transparency. On the war against a tactic—terrorism—and its insidious fallout, the United States could have skipped the 2008 election.

It made little difference.

Despite his clear and popular promises to the contrary, President Obama has not shifted the balance between security and freedom to a more natural state—one not blinded by worst fears and tarred by power grabs. If anything, things have gotten worse.

Killing civilians and U.S. citizens via drone.

Seizing telephone records at the Associated Press in violation of Justice Department guidelines.

Accusing a respected Fox News reporter of engaging in a conspiracy to commit treason for doing his job.

Detaining terrorist suspects at Guantanamo Bay, despite promises to end the ill-considered Bush policy.

Even the IRS scandal, while not a matter of foreign policy, strikes at the heart of growing concerns among Americans that their privacy is government's playpen.

And now this: The Guardian newspaper reports that the National Security Agency is collecting telephone records of tens of millions of customers of one of the nation's largest phone companies, Verizon.

For several reasons the news is chilling.

1. Verizon probably isn't the only company coughing up its documents. Odds are incredibly strong that the government is prying into your telephone records today.

2. Issued in April, the NSA order "could represent the broadest surveillance order known to have been issued," according to The Washington Post. "It also would confirm long-standing suspicions of civil liberties advocates about the sweeping nature of U.S. surveillance through commercial carries under laws passed after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks."

3. This appears to be a "rubber stamp," order, reissued every few months since 2001. As is the case with all government programs, the systematic snooping into your telephone records is unlikely to ever expire without public outcry...

Read More:
Welcome to the Bush-Obama White House: They're Spying on Us - NationalJournal.com
DRUDGE REPORT 2013®

How the hell is Obama obtaining the phone records of people with court approval the same as Bush obtaining the actual content of phone conversations without court approval?
Do you understand the difference between with court approval and without? Do you know the difference between reading someone's phone bill and actually listening to their conversations?
No law has been broken here If your issue is with the LAW - then fine, let's change it.

This...

This is why I became a Libertarian. The D or the R is irrelevant, if it violates my rights, it's wrong. Period. And here's a tidbit, the government did this to both sides! Everyone!

Last edited:

Again I ask: What.....the.....fuck does that have to do with anything being discussed here?

God almighty - what business would not want to legally protect themselves from being forced to engage in illegal activity. What does that have to do with ANYTHING?!?
It was legal when Bush did it, so how did it suddenly become illegal now that Obama is doing it????????

If it was illegal when Bush did it, why is right-wingnut media suddenly making a stink about it now when they knew about it in 2006 and supported it then and attacked Obama for even thinking of stopping it?????????

It's all about the Government/Corporate Complex. Government and Corporations are one entity. It is what it is.

I'm convinced that many people on the blogs and forums are paid to defend the government. Over 90% of the people I meet endear themselves to Liberty and listen to my message. Liberty is popular, liberty is prosperous.

Liberty is catching on. These are dark times for sure, but i'm optimistic that change will happen. It will take some time, but i believe it will happen.

Forum List

Back