Welfare Cowboy

Got to ask you Asclepias -- did you have any tiny sense of empathy for those militant blacks and innocent women and children killed in the Philadelphia MOVE occupation I noted above?? When the government resorting them in their Philly homes??? :mad:

Of course I do. People were killed. Why would I not have empathy?

Entire communities are being destroyed here --- some of those folks are willing to fight just like the MOVE group...

What CONSEQUENCES??? Did you just go from poorly informed to stupid? That entire area communities, schools, retail, tourist traps, ranching and all are KAPUT. THAT'S where the anger comes from... That's not evicting a bad tenant.. That's CLEANSING....

And nothing Bundy did "set this in motion".. His buds are more qualified with land mgt than the jerks who used these deserts for target practice and Nuclear weapons testing and then come back 60 years later with a sudden conscience....

That sounds a lot like entitlement seeing as that land was not theirs to establish those communities, schools, retail, tourist traps etc. on. Someone not paying after they lost in court twice is the epitome of a bad tenant. Its a bad tenant on steroids.

Budy definitely set this in motion and the Nevada Cattlemen’s Association does not support him.

“In accordance with the rule of law, we must use the system set forth in our Constitution to change those laws and regulations. Nevada Cattlemen’s Association does not condone actions that are outside the law in which citizens take the law into their own hands,” the group’s statement reads.

The Nevada Cattlemen’s Association is a nonprofit trade association that was established in 1935. The group has 567 dues-paying members who convene annually to “review, renew and create policy for our organization,” according to Torell. He said Bundy is not a member of the association, which consists of cattle and sheep ranchers who hold grazing permits and pay fees for grazing privileges on public, federal lands.

The association made it clear that it doesn’t take a stand on Bundy’s legal issues because the membership “does not feel it is our place to interfere.”

Who told you Bundy and his buds could manage the land better? I think what you meant is they could manage the land better for their own pockets. I dont care about all the bleeding heart stories because Bundy brought this down on himself and his community.

Better than annihilating entire habitats of turtles with Nuclear Weapons?
Better than closing the one Federal refuge for that specie and proceeding to euthanize them out of budget concerns?

Better then releasing Bush-eating beetles that destroy the nesting habitat of a threatened bird?
Better than IGNORING improvements on tourist control and land improvement like the wells, and roads and fences that the cattlemen put in?

It's incompetence and arrogance -- and you refuse to acknowledge that Bundy is merely the LAST and ONLY holdout to stand up to this arrogance...

What you wrote sounds like bad science fiction. Bush eating beetles? Do you have a link? Even if what you just stated was true I will never acknowledge Bundy is even close to being some sort of hero. He was simply a free loader taking advantage of broke people with guns that are angry at the government.

Got to ask you Asclepias -- did you have any tiny sense of empathy for those militant blacks and innocent women and children killed in the Philadelphia MOVE occupation I noted above?? When the government resorting them in their Philly homes??? :mad:

Of course I do. People were killed. Why would I not have empathy?

Entire communities are being destroyed here --- some of those folks are willing to fight just like the MOVE group...

I dont get the comparison. From what I understand MOVE was a radical group that intimidated its own Black neighbors. Bundy was just a free loader and the militia that came from across the country just wanted to shoot someone after they used women for body shields.

That sounds a lot like entitlement seeing as that land was not theirs to establish those communities, schools, retail, tourist traps etc. on. Someone not paying after they lost in court twice is the epitome of a bad tenant. Its a bad tenant on steroids.

Budy definitely set this in motion and the Nevada Cattlemen’s Association does not support him.

Who told you Bundy and his buds could manage the land better? I think what you meant is they could manage the land better for their own pockets. I dont care about all the bleeding heart stories because Bundy brought this down on himself and his community.

Better than closing the one Federal refuge for that specie and proceeding to euthanize them out of budget concerns?

Better then releasing Bush-eating beetles that destroy the nesting habitat of a threatened bird?
Better than IGNORING improvements on tourist control and land improvement like the wells, and roads and fences that the cattlemen put in?

It's incompetence and arrogance -- and you refuse to acknowledge that Bundy is merely the LAST and ONLY holdout to stand up to this arrogance...

What you wrote sounds like bad science fiction. Bush eating beetles? Do you have a link? Even if what you just stated was true I will never acknowledge Bundy is even close to being some sort of hero. He was simply a free loader taking advantage of broke people with guns that are angry at the government.

Wish it was science fiction.. Posted link in this thread here..

http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/350175-welfare-cowboy-6.html#post8953223

Bomb tortoises, open refuges, close refuge, kill turtles. Allow IvanPah solar to dislocate THOUSANDS of turtles in one part of the desert, evict cattle ranchers in another. Introduce non-native beetles to eat non-native bushes used by endangered birds for nesting.. It's actually beyond indefensible.
That why they need Bundy to be the symbol -- rather than their own incompetence and arrogance..

Forget the media angle on this.. Bundy is only the last standing.. Much like those "squatters" in the MOVe bombing in Philly.... Not about the vagrancy.. It's the POLICY ! Don't go getting selective on me...

Wish it was science fiction.. Posted link in this thread here..

http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/350175-welfare-cowboy-6.html#post8953223

Bomb tortoises, open refuges, close refuge, kill turtles. Allow IvanPah solar to dislocate THOUSANDS of turtles in one part of the desert, evict cattle ranchers in another. Introduce non-native beetles to eat non-native bushes used by endangered birds for nesting.. It's actually beyond indefensible.
That why they need Bundy to be the symbol -- rather than their own incompetence and arrogance..

Forget the media angle on this.. Bundy is only the last standing.. Much like those "squatters" in the MOVe bombing in Philly.... Not about the vagrancy.. It's the POLICY ! Don't go getting selective on me...

I think the environmental thing is not really the issue and being used by both sides as PR. For example regarding the bush eating beetles from your link:

Biocontrol is not without risk; while Diorhabda poses no threat to other plants, wildlife managers worry that defoliation may threaten the willow flycatcher, an endangered bird that nests in tamarisk at some Virgin River sites, and defoliation during breeding can expose nests to the elements. Recovery of willows and other native trees will provide better future habitat, but wildlife agencies must consider even short-term risk of harm.

Sounds like people have different opinions of the benefits and harm any of these actions do to wildlife. My daughter works in the field of wild life management and as she put it "sometimes you have to take a step back to make a leap forward".

Looking at this grazing land, I would say it would be best to leave it the tortoises. This land doesn't belong to Bundy and he has no legal right to graze his cattle there. The BLM should do their job and enforce the law.

799px-Desert_Environment_in_the_Desert_National_Wildlife_Refuge.jpg
ss

To me it's strange. The Feds ruined Nevada, with over 1000 nuclear detonations up to 1992. They ruined the lands, killing millions of animals, displaced even more over 50 years of testing . Ruined their food supply, forced the animals to move and become endangered. Those animals all struggling to live, most likely moved to areas when they might be able to survive given the nuclear fallout.

Grazing was affected by these actions I'm sure, pushing animals into areas they probably had never been before. If the Feds truly cared about this wildlife they would have stopped testing 58 years ago as they did in Bikini Atoll, but instead they continued to test till 1992 in Nevada.

If this this wildlife is endangered they would curtail human traffic in the area or at least charge the 6 million humans a fee to use the area ( there is no fee for humans and they do a lot in the area) and they would stop the killing of those animals (grouse) if they are threatened.

That is what does not make sense, it seems to me if this habitat was this bad off, everyone would have a key part in assuring these animals were okay and threatened species would not be allowed to be hunted. The fees and rules seem arbitrary in my opinion.

An entrance fee should be charged to assure the 6 million human visitors are not ruining the habitat as well, maybe take a bit of a load off the ranchers too if not at least contribute more to conservation efforts where humans ruin the land. On top of that, the Feds should be paying to reestablish the area as they are doing to Bikini Atoll, changing topsoil out and other actions. Perhaps this would give the threatened animals more areas to live and thrive as well.

You fixed that problem by putting 100s of sq miles of land out of USE... Now BunkerVille can become a ghosttown with NOBODY to free load.. Good work...

How does that change the fact the guy was freeloading or Bundying? The land is not out of use. The ranchers just cant use it anymore.

Not just the ranchers, but the 6Mill recreational users are also evicted.. And the nearest towns that supported the ranching and tourism are shot thru the fucking heart.. I understand why you take your position -- you don't understand the consequences of these arrogant and arbitrary actions.. Too bad we cant sue for stupid and arrogant and potentially corrupt eh????
The restrictions are on cattle grazing and off road vehicles use in specific areas. Camping, hiking, rock climbing, and horseback riding is permitted. I rather doubt these restriction which have been in effect for some time will hurt Vegas or the brothels around Mesquite.

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;8956826 said:
Looking at this grazing land, I would say it would be best to leave it the tortoises. This land doesn't belong to Bundy and he has no legal right to graze his cattle there. The BLM should do their job and enforce the law.

799px-Desert_Environment_in_the_Desert_National_Wildlife_Refuge.jpg
ss

To me it's strange. The Feds ruined Nevada, with over 1000 nuclear detonations up to 1992. They ruined the lands, killing millions of animals, displaced even more over 50 years of testing . Ruined their food supply, forced the animals to move and become endangered. Those animals all struggling to live, most likely moved to areas when they might be able to survive given the nuclear fallout.

Grazing was affected by these actions I'm sure, pushing animals into areas they probably had never been before. If the Feds truly cared about this wildlife they would have stopped testing 58 years ago as they did in Bikini Atoll, but instead they continued to test till 1992 in Nevada.

If this this wildlife is endangered they would curtail human traffic in the area or at least charge the 6 million humans a fee to use the area ( there is no fee for humans and they do a lot in the area) and they would stop the killing of those animals (grouse) if they are threatened.

That is what does not make sense, it seems to me if this habitat was this bad off, everyone would have a key part in assuring these animals were okay and threatened species would not be allowed to be hunted. The fees and rules seem arbitrary in my opinion.

An entrance fee should be charged to assure the 6 million human visitors are not ruining the habitat as well, maybe take a bit of a load off the ranchers too if not at least contribute more to conservation efforts where humans ruin the land. On top of that, the Feds should be paying to reestablish the area as they are doing to Bikini Atoll, changing topsoil out and other actions. Perhaps this would give the threatened animals more areas to live and thrive as well.
I've hiked, biked and done some rock climbing in Clark County. With the exception of Red Rock Canyon and Valley of Fire which are state parks now and a few brothels, there really isn't much of interest in rural Clark County.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back