Were Adam & Eve Jewish?

Under the Law, the Jews were the only nation husbanded by God (Jer. 3:31-34).....but that Wall of separation between God and All nations has been torn down by the sacrificial blood of Jesus Christ (Eph. 2:14-17)
I was with you up until this. Here is the actual narrative. A careful reading suggests that the new covenant was for the New Testament church as it includes the Holy Spirit. Notice that the house of Judah is excluded as they have not received the Holy Spirit. The house of Israel, to whom Jesus was only sent, formed the early church and are the principal peoples today. The house of Judah won't receive the Holy Spirit until the resurrection during the millennial rule of Christ (Ezekiel 37).

Jeremiah 31:31-34

King James Version

31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:
33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

So, the real skinny is an 'oral tradition'? Sounds awfully Jewish to me.

the prescribed heavenly religion, religion of antiquity is - the triumph of good vs evil - final judgement for those that prevail ...

not hereditary idolatry, apartheid heaven a few of the discrepancies that eliminate - judaism.

* and where 91 will end up is anyones guess ...

I was with you up until this. Here is the actual narrative. A careful reading suggests that the new covenant was for the New Testament church as it includes the Holy Spirit. Notice that the house of Judah is excluded as they have not received the Holy Spirit. The house of Israel, to whom Jesus was only sent, formed the early church and are the principal peoples today. The house of Judah won't receive the Holy Spirit until the resurrection during the millennial rule of Christ (Ezekiel 37).

Jeremiah 31:31-34​

King James Version​

31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:
33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
If.....as you suggest, the New Testament church/kingdom (Matthew 16), the Jews of the house of Judah were omitted from the N.T. covenant of grace.....why then were the Jews of Jesus day the 1st peoples to gain entrance into the kingdom/church of Jesus Christ? We read in Acts 2, that only Jews from all over the regions of the then known world were gathered..there were only Jews that heard Peter's first gospel sermon under the terms of the N.T. of Christ......there were no conditions of Jewish lineage that were omitted, either literally or implied. Jesus Christ was a descendant from the Tribe of Judah. There were some 3000 Jews saved on that Pentecost day.

In Fact: The eunuch that was of "Ethiopian" blood............was reading from the book of Isaiah.........on his way to Jerusalem to worship (Acts 8:27), then Philip began to teach him as to what the scriptures from Isaiah declared about the Messiah of prophecy...that Jesus was that Messiah. The Jewish eunuch was then saved after asking Philip what he needed to do. He was then baptized into the kingdom/church. FYI: The people of Ethiopia, that were Jews.....were descendant from the tribe of Judah. If the enuch was not a Jew....why was he reading from the Law and the prophets, why was he on his way to Jerusalem to worship? Jesus Himself was from the tribe of Judah. (Matthew 1:1-7, Hebrews 7:13-14).....Jesus lineage goes through David and the house of Judah. In FACT: Jesus is referred to as the "Lion of Judah" -- Rev. 5:5

The faith was preached exclusively to the Jews for the first 10 years after the ascension of Jesus Christ into heaven. "To the Jew first.........." "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth; to the Jew first and then to the gentiles." -- Romans 10:16. Its faith that saves.......not lineage (Romans 10:17). As the Christ explained, "..........God can make sons' of Abraham from these stones........." -- Matthew 3:9

The first gentile conversion was 10 years after Peter's first gospel sermon. Acts 10

Conclusion? The "gift of the Holy Spirit"........is the truth being delivered by the Apostles of Christ. The Holy Spirit of Truth is accessed today.........by one way only, it is contained in the Holy Scriptures, in order to access that gift of the Spirit (truth). You must Study to make yourself approved of God and to be completely furnished into all good works. (2 Tim. 2:15) The supernatural gifts of the spirit were but temporary, and would fail when the perfect law of liberty was completed. (1 Cor. 13) Today there is but 3 gifts, faith, hope and charity/love.

Last edited:
FYI: To those who propagate the false message that the Holy Spirit of God worked only under the Covenant of Jesus Christ (who was a Jew descended from the tribes of Judah -- Heb. 7:13-14)..........The Holy Spirit of God if found working under all the covenants of the Lord to include the Law and the Prophets ...i.e, the Law of Moses.

From the very beginning of creation........the Holy Spirit of God is found working. 1. "The Spirit of God moved upon the waters...." -- Genesis 1:2. 2. "My Spirit shall not always strive with man......" -- Genesis 6:3 3. "I have filled him with the Spirit of God...." -- Ex. 31:2-3. What......is the Spirit of God......not considered Holy until the N.T. covenant went into effect?

More? Numbers 24:2, Judges 3:10, 6:34, 1 Sam. 10:10, 19:20, Ps. 51:10-12, 143:10, Neh. 9:30, Isa. 63:10-11, Zech. 7:12, Ez. 11:5, 37:15.

Is the Holy Spirit mentioned in the Old Testament the Holy Spirit in the N.T.? Read and compare 1 Peter 1:10 and 2 Peter 1:21.

"No prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit." -- 2 Peter 1:21. In context........Peter is addressing how the prophets of history have been inspired by the Holy Spirit......"......FROM THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD......." 1 Peter 1:20 The coming of the Messiah Jesus Christ was foreknown before the worlds were created, as confirmed by another Apostle of Christ (Paul/Saul) The prophets were inspired by the Holy Spirit to tell the world of the coming Messiah......but even the prophets did not fully comprehend what they were foretelling (Tim. 1:9, Eph. 3:5,6) It was hidden from men until God revealed it through Jesus Christ, who was born as the Son of God and the Son of Man, the prophecy remained a mystery until God revealed it to the Apostles of Christ through the Holy Spirit (Eph. 3:1-6)

There is no excuse today............THE MYSTERY HAS BEEN REVEALED. God, who would have no man lost.....would hope that all men are saved by coming to the knowledge of this truth. (1 Tim. 2:4)

"I am the way, the truth, and the life.......no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me." -- John 14:6

Last edited:

Forum List

Back