🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Western wildfires: no one can stop them

IronFist

May 26, 2015
Wildfires Soldiers will help battle the flames - CNN.com
Those wildfires are so intense. Are we even able to stop them? I hope soldiers will do everything possible to stop those infernos. Firefighters definitely need more money so we could protect ourselves from the wildfires. They happen every summer yet we are not prepared once again. It was surely a very tough year for California but what about the other western states? That's not acceptable.

Those wildfires are so intense. Are we even able to stop them? I hope soldiers will do everything possible to stop those infernos. Firefighters definitely need more money so we could protect ourselves from the wildfires. They happen every summer yet we are not prepared once again. It was surely a very tough year for California but what about the other western states? That's not acceptable.

Bullshit! If we lower CO2 by hmmm, well by even a little the fires will stop

Ain't that right Old Rocks, Crick and mamooth

City dopes should quit fucking with the forests, and quit building houses in the middle of them. Problem solved.

I hope soldiers will do everything possible to stop those infernos.

Most of the firefighters aren't soldiers or professionals. The majority of them are convicts. They get paid $1 an hour, but I'm guessing most are happy just to be outside, no matter how awful conditions are.

Not every prisoner qualifies. No lifers, no dudes with behavior problems. And, of course, no arsonists.

Most of the firefighters aren't soldiers or professionals. The majority of them are convicts. They get paid $1 an hour, but I'm guessing most are happy just to be outside, no matter how awful conditions are.

Not every prisoner qualifies. No lifers, no dudes with behavior problems. And, of course, no arsonists.
Not the majority are convicts. Up to 1/2 I think.

Frank, you understand that you're going to end up in hell for eternity for being a pathological liar, right?

Someone has to worry about your soul, being you don't seem to care.

If you're interested in the specifics, liars end up in the 8th circle of hell, that's how serious the crime is considered. Bolgia 10, where the liars are endlessly afflicted with leprosy and other consuming diseases.

WTF, you mean CO2 doesn't start forest fires?

Can you guys pick a story and stick with it?

When the media reports that 7 million acres are burnin', they leave out the fact that 5 million of them are in Alaska where no one lives. Still, 2 million is alot in the lower 48.

We need to ban fire. That will stop it.

If the forestry service didn't run out and put out every little puff of smoke, these fires wouldn't get so huge.

What a bunch of really dumb asses you 'Conservatives' are. The fires started by the lightning in Eastern Oregon and Idaho right now have burned hundreds of square miles, and millions of dollars worth of timber and rangeland. They are the result of decades of shorter and warmer winters. Of dry and dryer years, with unusual winds.

The Forest Service will have exhausted it's firefighting budget this week, and then will be using forest management funds, which means no brush cutting and thinning. If it continues to be bad, as it most likely will, then people will be laid off this winter, and many recreational facilities will not open next year, or open late. And you people will blame the Forest Service.

Frank, you understand that you're going to end up in hell for eternity for being a pathological liar, right?

Someone has to worry about your soul, being you don't seem to care.

If you're interested in the specifics, liars end up in the 8th circle of hell, that's how serious the crime is considered. Bolgia 10, where the liars are endlessly afflicted with leprosy and other consuming diseases.

WTF, you mean CO2 doesn't start forest fires?

Can you guys pick a story and stick with it?

Lol, I am laughing! co2 warms up the planets means temperature which causes extremes. Extremes can be huge ridges over certain parts of the globe drying up areas for fires like we see.

What a bunch of really dumb asses you 'Conservatives' are. The fires started by the lightning in Eastern Oregon and Idaho right now have burned hundreds of square miles, and millions of dollars worth of timber and rangeland. They are the result of decades of shorter and warmer winters. Of dry and dryer years, with unusual winds.

The Forest Service will have exhausted it's firefighting budget this week, and then will be using forest management funds, which means no brush cutting and thinning. If it continues to be bad, as it most likely will, then people will be laid off this winter, and many recreational facilities will not open next year, or open late. And you people will blame the Forest Service.

Yep,,,Instead of giving the funding they need these assholes will whine about cutting it even more. Stupid people!

We need to ban fire. That will stop it.
Works the same as banning stupidity.

This is an untrue statement. There are indeed convicts working the fire lines but they are outnumbered by the various Hot Shot crews.

Forum List

Back