We've Got About 6 Weeks

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
Given that Ebola has now vectored into Madrid, Lagos and Dallas TX. I think we've got about 6 weeks before we go totally BladeRunner in the USA. In Bladerunner, civilization had completely collapsed, but no one bother to put up a sign announcing it, so it looked like things were "normal"

This strain seems particularly virulent and eager to escape its West African boundaries.

Ebola has never traveled on a commercial airliner for a 6 hour flight. That was 2 weeks ago. It has a 14-21 day incubation period. So, at best, there will be no new cases in the USA.next week.

I'm not very optimistic at this point, but we'll see

I don't know..I tend to think it's not going to have a huge impact in our country. I am more concerned about that nasty entrovirus68 that is paralyzing kids. At least the CDC, idiots that they are, have stopped trying to pretend you almost can't catch ebola (btw, they don't know how the nurse in Spain was infected....sounds like it might be easier to catch than they are letting on, go figure). But time will definitely tell. It surfaces then recedes in Africa, seems like each time it takes out a few more, but then it will go underground completely.

Given that Ebola has now vectored into Madrid, Lagos and Dallas TX. I think we've got about 6 weeks before we go totally BladeRunner in the USA. In Bladerunner, civilization had completely collapsed, but no one bother to put up a sign announcing it, so it looked like things were "normal"

This strain seems particularly virulent and eager to escape its West African boundaries.

Ebola has never traveled on a commercial airliner for a 6 hour flight. That was 2 weeks ago. It has a 14-21 day incubation period. So, at best, there will be no new cases in the USA.next week.

Uh, dunno what you saw but society was doing quite well in Blade Runner complete with interstellar travel and off-world colonies. :)

While I agree we're doomed, it isn't because of ebola or gonna hit the fan in 6 weeks.

So long as terror groups want nukes, and nukes exist, the chance they'll eventually get them is 100%. Any event without a zero percent chance of happening has a 100% chance of happening projected over an indefinite amount of time. In 30 years our technology will be 30 years more advanced. But so will our enemy's.

I heard a blurb on the news this am that 25% of the workforce would be replaced by robots in 10 years.

Wouldn't it be convenient if a plague wiped out a bunch of unproductive folks in the meantime?

So the experts on ebola, the ones who have watched it for decades..they maintain the CDC is full of shit, and nobody knows how it's transmitting.

".... scientists who have long studied Ebola say such assurances are premature — and they are concerned about what is not known about the strain now on the loose. It is an Ebola outbreak like none seen before, jumping from the bush to urban areas, giving the virus more opportunities to evolve as it passes through multiple human hosts.

"Dr. C.J. Peters, who battled a 1989 outbreak of the virus among research monkeyshoused in Virginia and who later led the CDC's most far-reaching study of Ebola's transmissibility in humans, said he would not rule out the possibility that it spreads through the air in tight quarters.

"We just don't have the data to exclude it," said Peters, who continues to research viral diseases at the University of Texas in Galveston."

Some Ebola experts worry virus may spread more easily than assumed - LA Times

Uh, dunno what you saw but society was doing quite well in Blade Runner complete with interstellar travel and off-world colonies. :)
Bladerunner is the progressive paradise, all housing looks like public housing and they're advertising a "new start" off world. No wonder you missed that

Sent from smartphone using my wits and Taptalk

I'm not very optimistically at this point, but we'll see
Thanks, I just invested in Depends. What a sad example of an American you are.

So the experts on ebola, the ones who have watched it for decades..they maintain the CDC is full of shit, and nobody knows how it's transmitting.

".... scientists who have long studied Ebola say such assurances are premature — and they are concerned about what is not known about the strain now on the loose. It is an Ebola outbreak like none seen before, jumping from the bush to urban areas, giving the virus more opportunities to evolve as it passes through multiple human hosts.

"Dr. C.J. Peters, who battled a 1989 outbreak of the virus among research monkeyshoused in Virginia and who later led the CDC's most far-reaching study of Ebola's transmissibility in humans, said he would not rule out the possibility that it spreads through the air in tight quarters.

"We just don't have the data to exclude it," said Peters, who continues to research viral diseases at the University of Texas in Galveston."

Look who now believes in evolution!

Look who now believes in evolution!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:clap2:

I've never denied evolution, oh amnesic one.

I've denied that the creation of life..and the huge diversity of it on our planet... is attributable to evolution.

We wouldn't be at this point if obama would have done his job and not allowed any traffic from those countries in the hot zone.

Forum List

Back