WH Boasts: Obama Commuted More Criminal Sentences ‘Than Last 11 Presidents Combined’

WH Boasts: Obama Commuted More Criminal Sentences ‘Than Last 11 Presidents Combined’

(CNSNews.com) - The White House is boasting that with the 153 federal inmates that President Barack Obama granted clemency yesterday, Obama has now commuted more criminal sentences than all the presidents going back to Harry Truman combined.

“Today, the president commuted the sentences of 153 people, bringing his total number of commuted sentences to 1,176 people,” says a graphic at the top of the White House home page. “That’s more than the last 11 presidents combined.”

“With today’s 153 commutations, the president has now commuted the sentences of 1,176 individuals, including 395 life sentences,” Eggleston wrote. “The president also granted pardons to 78 individuals, bringing his total number of pardons to 148. Today’s acts of clemency — and the mercy the president has shown his 1,324 clemency recipients — exemplify his belief that America is a nation of second chances.”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

That last sentence just kills me. There is not one honorable bone in the body of that phony coward. (IMO) Even the Kenyans don’t want to claim him as their native son. Maybe the guy is just a puppet taking orders (from global powers) and has no choice in all this. In that case, I owe Mr. Obama a heartfelt apology.
Their future crimes too will be a big part of Obummer's legacy.

Sent from my SM-N920V using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Really? What future crimes? Perhaps you are not aware of the restrictions on who can get clemency?

Under the new initiative, the Department will prioritize clemency applications from inmates who meet all of the following factors:
  • They are currently serving a federal sentence in prison and, by operation of law, likely would have received a substantially lower sentence if convicted of the same offense(s) today;
  • They are non-violent, low-level offenders without significant ties to large scale criminal organizations, gangs or cartels;
  • They have served at least 10 years of their prison sentence;
  • They do not have a significant criminal history;
  • They have demonstrated good conduct in prison; and
  • They have no history of violence prior to or during their current term of imprisonment.
How much are you willing to wager that none of Obummer's grants will ever be arrested again?

No one can guarantee that. Just as you can't guarantee there will be future crimes. But given the restrictions placed on clemency - we're not talking mother rapers, father stabbers, pedophiles, gang and cartel members....we're talking about low level crimes who would have received reduced sentences had they been convicted today. Prisons are overcrowded.

Yeah and there is snow in the pit of hell too. Even the government officials who are responsible for the refugees say they took in UNVETTED REFUGEES BECAUSE THERE WAS NO WAY TO CHECK THEM. Why can't any liberal tell the truth. ONLY o-SHIT-mas CZARS say it isn't so.

Oh and BTW what does prioritize mean? I always though it meant these first, those that do not meet these criteria will be done, but later in line. Did you change the Webster's to mean something else.

Really? Where did they say that? If I recall, they said there is no way to 100% check them. That is not the same as "unvetted".

Yeah and there is snow in the pit of hell too. Even the government officials who are responsible for the refugees say they took in UNVETTED REFUGEES BECAUSE THERE WAS NO WAY TO CHECK THEM. Why can't any liberal tell the truth. ONLY o-SHIT-mas CZARS say it isn't so.

Oh and BTW what does prioritize mean? I always though it meant these first, those that do not meet these criteria will be done, but later in line. Did you change the Webster's to mean something else.

Really? Where did they say that? If I recall, they said there is no way to 100% check them. That is not the same as "unvetted".

You recall selectively then. The term was UNVETTED because there are NO RECORDS AT ALL of who they are or if they are even who they claim to be. Of course that was by the people actually doing the on the ground work, not by some OH-SHIT mouthpiece.

You recall selectively then. The term was UNVETTED because there are NO RECORDS AT ALL of who they are or if they are even who they claim to be. Of course that was by the people actually doing the on the ground work, not by some OH-SHIT mouthpiece.

I think the selective recall is on your side: False GOP Theme: 'Unvetted' Refugees - FactCheck.org

(CNSNews.com) - The White House is boasting that with the 153 federal inmates that President Barack Obama granted clemency yesterday, Obama has now commuted more criminal sentences than all the presidents going back to Harry Truman combined.

“Today, the president commuted the sentences of 153 people, bringing his total number of commuted sentences to 1,176 people,” says a graphic at the top of the White House home page. “That’s more than the last 11 presidents combined.”

“With today’s 153 commutations, the president has now commuted the sentences of 1,176 individuals, including 395 life sentences,” Eggleston wrote. “The president also granted pardons to 78 individuals, bringing his total number of pardons to 148. Today’s acts of clemency — and the mercy the president has shown his 1,324 clemency recipients — exemplify his belief that America is a nation of second chances.”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

That last sentence just kills me. There is not one honorable bone in the body of that phony coward. (IMO) Even the Kenyans don’t want to claim him as their native son. Maybe the guy is just a puppet taking orders (from global powers) and has no choice in all this. In that case, I owe Mr. Obama a heartfelt apology.

Really? What future crimes? Perhaps you are not aware of the restrictions on who can get clemency?

Under the new initiative, the Department will prioritize clemency applications from inmates who meet all of the following factors:
  • They are currently serving a federal sentence in prison and, by operation of law, likely would have received a substantially lower sentence if convicted of the same offense(s) today;
  • They are non-violent, low-level offenders without significant ties to large scale criminal organizations, gangs or cartels;
  • They have no history of violence prior to or during their current term of imprisonment.
How much are you willing to wager that none of Obummer's grants will ever be arrested again?

No one can guarantee that. Just as you can't guarantee there will be future crimes. But given the restrictions placed on clemency - we're not talking mother rapers, father stabbers, pedophiles, gang and cartel members....we're talking about low level crimes who would have received reduced sentences had they been convicted today. Prisons are overcrowded.
Do you deny that ANY crimes committed by any of those released will be part of OBUMMER'S legacy?

Statistically, it's bound to happen.

China stole a drone sub and the administration claims that Russia is guilty of influencing the election, a couple of terrorist acts occurred throughout the world and the Mid East is in turmoil but Hussein's priorities seem to be pardoning convicted criminals. It's typical of his entire sorry assed eight years.

China stole a drone sub and the administration claims that Russia is guilty of influencing the election, a couple of terrorist acts occurred throughout the world and the Mid East is in turmoil but Hussein's priorities seem to be pardoning convicted criminals. It's typical of his entire sorry assed eight years.

And the morning after the Benghazi tragedy he jetted off to Las Vegas for a fund raiser with his Hollywood pals. He is the enemy.

Do you deny that ANY crimes committed by any of those released will be part of OBUMMER'S legacy?

I'm saying it's an unknown, statistics vary depending on the particular crime and these are all low level crimes that would have been sentenced far more lightly today.

Why is it so offensive to you?

I'm saying it's an unknown, statistics vary depending on the particular crime and these are all low level crimes that would have been sentenced far more lightly today.

Being guarded and sceptical is hardly the same as being offended. This isn't taking place in a vacuum. If you want to believe these 153 are all reformed by our prison system instead of hardened by it? That's something I kind of expect from the left. My money is on the more realistic trajectory though.

Being guarded and sceptical is hardly the same as being offended. This isn't taking place in a vacuum. If you want to believe these 153 are all reformed by our prison system instead of hardened by it? That's something I kind of expect from the left. My money is on the more realistic trajectory though.

Our prison systems are way over crowded. More disturbing to me than pardoning criminals within the parameters I posted, is the potential of the prison/justice system being an industry - for profit industry especially. When there is a financially rewarding need to build ever more prisons - I'm disturbed. When we, as a country have larger proportion of our population in prison than almost any other country - I'm disturbed. There is something wrong with the system. Perhaps this is a rightwing thing. Making money off of human misery.

Prisons first and foremost need to protect the public from violent or predatory offenders. Secondarily - they punish and rehabilitate. But there is no indication that tough sentencing on minor crimes is effective and it's certainly costly. Which of course supports the industry.

Our prison systems are way over crowded. More disturbing to me than pardoning criminals within the parameters I posted, is the potential of the prison/justice system being an industry - for profit industry especially. When there is a financially rewarding need to build ever more prisons - I'm disturbed. When we, as a country have larger proportion of our population in prison than almost any other country - I'm disturbed. There is something wrong with the system. Perhaps this is a rightwing thing. Making money off of human misery.

Prisons first and foremost need to protect the public from violent or predatory offenders. Secondarily - they punish and rehabilitate. But there is no indication that tough sentencing on minor crimes is effective and it's certainly costly. Which of course supports the industry.

The people who run private prisons can't force judges to hand down convictions, so your concern is entirely unjustified.

Yeah. Using prison overcrowding to justify a record number of presidential pardons is just not going to cut it for me.

Regardless, they are on the streets now or soon will be and I stand by what I said earlier. WHEN any of them violate again, (and I believe they will) it will just be another part of Obummer's legacy

Last edited:
Using prison overcrowding to justify a record number of presidential pardons is just not going to cut it for me

I'd justify it with the human decency thing. I understand that won't cut it with any Obama-hater, being human decency is something they show zero interest in.
AWWW how sweet.

Ten bucks says you are pro choice on abortion.

Ammmiright?

Feel free to try to sell me on your idea of why convicted felons are more deserving of your humanity and protections than innocent children are.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back