WH Boasts: Obama Commuted More Criminal Sentences ‘Than Last 11 Presidents Combined’

No one can guarantee that. Just as you can't guarantee there will be future crimes. But given the restrictions placed on clemency - we're not talking mother rapers, father stabbers, pedophiles, gang and cartel members....we're talking about low level crimes who would have received reduced sentences had they been convicted today. Prisons are overcrowded.
Do you deny that ANY crimes committed by any of those released will be part of OBUMMER'S legacy?

Statistically, it's bound to happen.

Sent from my SM-N920V using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

I'm saying it's an unknown, statistics vary depending on the particular crime and these are all low level crimes that would have been sentenced far more lightly today.

Why is it so offensive to you?
Being guarded and sceptical is hardly the same as being offended. This isn't taking place in a vacuum. If you want to believe these 153 are all reformed by our prison system instead of hardened by it? That's something I kind of expect from the left. My money is on the more realistic trajectory though.

Our prison systems are way over crowded. More disturbing to me than pardoning criminals within the parameters I posted, is the potential of the prison/justice system being an industry - for profit industry especially. When there is a financially rewarding need to build ever more prisons - I'm disturbed. When we, as a country have larger proportion of our population in prison than almost any other country - I'm disturbed. There is something wrong with the system. Perhaps this is a rightwing thing. Making money off of human misery.

Prisons first and foremost need to protect the public from violent or predatory offenders. Secondarily - they punish and rehabilitate. But there is no indication that tough sentencing on minor crimes is effective and it's certainly costly. Which of course supports the industry.

The people who run private prisons can't force judges to hand down convictions, so your concern is entirely unjustified.

They can, like any other industry, form lobbies and lobby legislators for tougher sentencing and mandatory sentencing laws.

I'd justify it with the human decency thing. I understand that won't cut it with any Obama-hater, being human decency is something they show zero interest in.

Ten bucks says you are pro choice on abortion.

Obviously yes, as that's a given with the human decency thing. I won't enslave women. Only the morally depraved are anti-choice.

Feel free to try to sell me on your idea of why convicted felons are more deserving of your humanity and protections than innocent children are.

Because fetuses aren't children.

And I don't need to sell you on that, because it's what you believe too. Nobody really thinks early-term fetuses are children. They just lie about that, to be PC.

I'd justify it with the human decency thing. I understand that won't cut it with any Obama-hater, being human decency is something they show zero interest in.

Ten bucks says you are pro choice on abortion.

Obviously yes, as that's a given with the human decency thing. I won't enslave women. Only the morally depraved are anti-choice.

Feel free to try to sell me on your idea of why convicted felons are more deserving of your humanity and protections than innocent children are.

Because fetuses aren't children.

And I don't need to sell you on that, because it's what you believe too. Nobody really thinks early-term fetuses are children. They just lie about that, to be PC.
Try selling your denial of the fact that children in the womb are actually human children to those already convicted under our fetal homicide laws which already define them as such.

Its only fair, Obama and the Democrats sent all those minorities to prison in the first place. The Democratic controlled inner cities, otherwise known as Dem plantations have sent millions of young minority men to their prisons and millions of young minority women to their abortion clinics. What's weird is those same minorities keep voting for Dem's.

Forum List

Back