Whaddya Know, Trump Supported the Invasion of Iraq

Trump and Clinton, both dishonest neither should be in the race. It is just an indication of how far America has fallen.

This Stern interview is September of 2002.

The invasion of Iraq happened about March of 2003. In between were all the hearings, inspections, etc.

Trump was asked if he was for invading Iraq 6 months before it happened and he said “I....guess....so....I wish we’d done it correctly the first time..”

There was OBVIOUS reluctance in his voice. After hearing that, I’d absolutely not be surprised at all that he opposed it six months later.

Facts are terrible things.

It is a fact that Colin Powell said he was perhaps willfully given bad intel that the intell people already knew was bad intel.

Last edited:
Most did support it; the support was necessary for it to happen.

Eh --- not really. It generated the biggest international protest in the history of humanity, but we wouldn't have known about that through our complicit MSM media (Main Stream Massage-the news Media).

Eh --- not really. It generated the biggest international protest in the history of humanity, but we wouldn't have known about that through our complicit MSM media (Main Stream Massage-the news Media).
What I am talking about is those in our government at the time...the war could not have happened without support from most government officials.

And your special source of information the rest of us don't have? The Arab countries were all about removing Saddam, hardly a peep.

It was a weak answer at best. "I guess so" with obvious hesitation is a huge stretch if you're trying to pin Trump down on this.

What I am talking about is those in our government at the time...the war could not have happened without support from most government officials.

That, you have a point, sure. But Rump wasn't part of the government.

The MSM is of course the reason that right before the beginning of the invasion, 70% of Americans believed that Saddam was behind 9-11. They were all wanting to be in-bed-with the military and if you didn't play ball, your network was kicked out of the bed. MSNBC cancelled one of it's most successful talk shows because the host was adamantly opposed to the plan to invade.

In the interview, which took place on Sept. 11, 2002, Stern asked Trump directly if he was for invading Iraq.

“Yeah I guess so,” Trump responded. “I wish the first time it was done correctly.”

And your special source of information the rest of us don't have? The Arab countries were all about removing Saddam, hardly a peep.

I thought everybody had access to Wiki by now....

>> On February 15, 2003, there was a coordinated day of protests across the world in which people in more than 600 cities expressed opposition to the imminent Iraq War. It was part of a series of protests and political events that had begun in 2002 and continued as the war took place. Social movement researchers have described the 15 February protest as "the largest protest event in human history".[1]

Sources vary in their estimations of the number of participants involved. According to BBC News, between six and eleven million people took part in protests in up to sixty countries over the weekend of February 15 and16; other estimates range from eight million to thirty million. <<​

13 years ago last weekend.

One of the biggest demonstrations was in London, which is where the Dixie Chicks were hanging out around that time. That's what Natalie Maines was referring to shortly thereafter on a London stage when she said "just so you know, we're with y'all .... we're ashamed the President of the United States is from Texas". That's what "we with y'all" means.

That was the context. It was happening everywhere including here, but rotsa ruck hearing about it at the time from the MIC MSM.

The MSM is of course the reason that right before the beginning of the invasion, 70% of Americans believed that Saddam was behind 9-11. They were all wanting to be in-bed-with the military and if you didn't play ball, your network was kicked out of the bed. MSNBC cancelled one of it's most successful talk shows because the host was adamantly opposed to the plan to invade.

Phil Donahue was it?

Phil Donahue was it?

Yep.

Forum List

Back