What are you buying now to beat inflation?

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
...or not buying because the price has already risen?

I've been wanting a hydraulic pipe bender from HF for a few years. Don't need it right now...but there are some future projects it would be handy for.

Was $99...then suddenly $129 and then $139.

Well...HF sent me a 25% off coupon...so I was like..that will be close enough to the $99 I once could purchase it for...so I checked the price (I had literally checked it no more than two weeks before)...and it's now $150.

A 50% increase is too much for me to dismiss. I have a 20 ton hydraulic jack...I'll make my own.

Anyone else having sticker shock...or trying to avoid it by buying something they might need in the future now?

1633719114203.png

Anyone else having sticker shock...or trying to avoid it by buying something they might need in the future now?

Starve a cold feed a fever. I'm not buying anything that is not a deal. Even if I need it. Starve the industry and make them shove their high prices up their ass. Make it a BUYER'S market.

I don't really need anything right now, I am not afraid to look on eBay for smaller items that can be shipped, or Facebook marketplace for items locally. If the price has risen on something I really need, I'll eat it and pay more for it. I always look for bargains, but since I can afford anything I need, then it's just being obstinate if I won't buy it because it now costs 25% more.

I've been wanting a hydraulic pipe bender from HF for a few years. Don't need it right now...but there are some future projects it would be handy for.

Well...HF sent me a 25% off coupon...so I was like..that will be close enough to the $99 I once could purchase it for...so I checked the price (I had literally checked it no more than two weeks before)...and it's now $150.

A 50% increase is too much for me to dismiss. I have a 20 ton hydraulic jack...I'll make my own.

We bought a milling machine. Wanted to get one before they are outlawed (think about it), as well as a lathe and some other machine shop goodies. Reloading supplies, a wood stove, a generator and lots of fuel. We went nuts on a canned goods and meat—although the local selections of beef seem to be dwindling. If I was a dairy/cattle farmer I'd be locking up my livestock. In other news, looks like we'll be doing Christmas shopping early. Let the games begin . . .

Bought a new pair of my favorite boots at the Tractor Supply...still $100+/-...no problem there.

Took my old boots to be resoled...price jumped from $50 to $80. 😲

Can't pay $80 to resole $100 boots.

So...guess who's learning to resole boots...

Amazon product ASIN B0090SJBNK

Found a pipe bender on craigslist... like new...$65...

IMG_20220228_122435342_HDR.jpg

Good things come to those who wait... and watch.

Forum List

Back