🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What are you listening to?

Maybe more like this.

Ooof. All of Joan Jett's songs are covers. The Donnas are originals. Plus Allison plays better.

nuh-uh.

No really, a certain Cuban friend pointed out that every single on of her songs are covers.

Crimson and Clover= Tommy James and the Shondells?

Maybe she did write "I hate myself" and "Do ya wanna touch" :dunno:

What about I Love Rock and Roll? Is that a remake too?

"I Love Rock 'n' Roll" is a rock song written in 1975 by Alan Merrill of The Arrows,

Oh well. I still like her style. She is a tough bitch! :D

Ooof. All of Joan Jett's songs are covers. The Donnas are originals. Plus Allison plays better.

nuh-uh.
No really, a certain Cuban friend pointed out that every single on of her songs are covers.

Crimson and Clover= Tommy James and the Shondells?

Maybe she did write "I hate myself" and "Do ya wanna touch" :dunno:

What about I Love Rock and Roll? Is that a remake too?

"I Love Rock 'n' Roll" is a rock song written in 1975 by Alan Merrill of The Arrows,

Oh well. I still like her style. She is a tough bitch! :D
I prefer her style on that one as well. :) Oman but Stevie's good!

Earlier I was listening to Béla Bartók "String Quartet No. 5", on the record player.

You Tube being amazing, they have all of Bartók's String Quartet's uploaded.

The painting in the background of course, this is Wassily Kandinsky's "Composition VIII" from 1923, Kandinsky's early Bauhaus period....I love Kandinsky, one of my favourite artists.

This is the Allegro from "String Quartet No. 5":

Then I listened to Imarhan, who are Tuareg from Algeria and are on City Slang Records which is owned and run by some friends of our's in Berlin:

City Slang Records

Imarhan

The whole Imarhan album is completely astonishing.

This is Imarhan's song "Tahabort" which is amazing, incredibly intricate guitar work and in general just extraordinary noise, they're on tour throughout Europa this month and also March, we must go and watch them do their thing:

Edited to add comment.

The Cramps "Garbageman" from the album "Songs The Lord Taught Us" released in 1980 on I.R.S Records.

Earlier I was listening to Béla Bartók "String Quartet No. 5", on the record player.

You Tube being amazing, they have all of Bartók's String Quartet's uploaded.

The painting in the background of course, this is Wassily Kandinsky's "Composition VIII" from 1923, Kandinsky's early Bauhaus period....I love Kandinsky, one of my favourite artists.

This is the Allegro from "String Quartet No. 5":

Then I listened to Imarhan, who are Tuareg from Algeria and are on City Slang Records which is owned and run by some friends of our's in Berlin:

City Slang Records

Imarhan

The whole Imarhan album is completely astonishing.

This is Imarhan's song "Tahabort" which is amazing, incredibly intricate guitar work and in general just extraordinary noise, they're on tour throughout Europa this month and also March, we must go and watch them do their thing:

Edited to add comment.

The Cramps "Garbageman" from the album "Songs The Lord Taught Us" released in 1980 on I.R.S Records.

Bartók to the Cramps. That's quite a segue, Lucy.
Keeping with the Cramps theme, here is Sheena's in a Goth Gang. Yes, that is the one & only Bettie Page doing the grind:

I think this is her best album since Belladonna. Maybe her best ever. The heavy influence of Dave Stewart of the Eurythmics is refreshing and brings Stevie into the 21st century very nicely.

Forum List

Back