What are you listening to?

Slim Gallard -- brilliant talent. Played several instruments, composed, spoke six languages and invented a seventh one. My Dad used to sing "Cement Mixer" around the house.

I've always liked You Dropped a Bomb on Me. I know they play it at every single wedding reception on earth, but I still like it! :dunno:

When that thing came out I thought they were singing "you bought the farm on me". :)

In the song Blinded By The Light, I always thought he said "wrapped up like a douche." :dunno: It still sounds like that to me, but he is actually saying, "revved up like a deuce" (whatever that means!).

I've always liked You Dropped a Bomb on Me. I know they play it at every single wedding reception on earth, but I still like it! :dunno:

When that thing came out I thought they were singing "you bought the farm on me". :)

In the song Blinded By The Light, I always thought he said "wrapped up like a douche." :dunno: It still sounds like that to me, but he is actually saying, "revved up like a deuce" (whatever that means!).

He does in effect say that. I think the mispronunciation had to be deliberate. They knew it would imprint on the mass memory -- and it did.

In the real world I'm not sure you can "wrap" a douche any more than you can "rev" a deuce.

He does in effect say that. I think the mispronunciation had to be deliberate. They knew it would imprint on the mass memory -- and it did.

In the real world I'm not sure you can "wrap" a douche any more than you can "rev" a deuce.

Just get yourself some wrapping paper and wrap it up! :eek: What a gift that would make!

Just get yourself some wrapping paper and wrap it up! :eek: What a gift that would make!

Is that a hint?

:50:

Is that a hint?

:eusa_hand: No worries! No need to exchange presents!

:lol:

Is that a hint?

:eusa_hand: No worries! No need to exchange presents!

:lol:

Whew, good thing. You wouldn't want my present -- I have a sordid past and no future.
e516805.gif

suddenly I feel tense....

Last edited:

Forum List

Back