What are you listening to?

Fins to the left....fins to the right...

His concerts would sell out in about 20 minutes. One year, I got 6 tickets for me and my friends. I was actually chased out in the parking lot and offered 3 times what I paid for them, but refused. I hopped in my car and got out of there in a flash. And we only had lawn tickedt. those were the best because what happened all around ther was another show. Plus, we could see him on stage,and they hd huge screens up too. It was so much fun!

Earlier I was listening to Béla Bartók "String Quartet No. 5", on the record player.

You Tube being amazing, they have all of Bartók's String Quartet's uploaded.

The painting in the background of course, this is Wassily Kandinsky's "Composition VIII" from 1923, Kandinsky's early Bauhaus period....I love Kandinsky, one of my favourite artists.

This is the Allegro from "String Quartet No. 5":

Then I listened to Imarhan, who are Tuareg from Algeria and are on City Slang Records which is owned and run by some friends of our's in Berlin:

City Slang Records

Imarhan

The whole Imarhan album is completely astonishing.

This is Imarhan's song "Tahabort" which is amazing, incredibly intricate guitar work and in general just extraordinary noise, they're on tour throughout Europa this month and also March, we must go and watch them do their thing:

Edited to add comment.

At the moment I'm listening to a self righteous witch hunter parroting the same bull shit of his self righteous hypocritical co-conspirators, who are supposed to be having a hearing on Russia's attack on our democracy, and in fact are working to obstruct the investigation by Mr. Mueller.

This entire day is spent attacking Mr. Strozok. How is this relevant to the issue of Russia's attack on our democracy?

I dare any Trumpanzee, or any supporter of Trump with an education. to try and offer a reason for this witch hunt, since in no way the bias he may have had on Trump, had any influence the election's outcome.

The Chairman of this committee (of vigilantes) is not interested in the truth, his entire demeanor is that of a judge in a Kangaroo Court, Soviet Style. The Republican Members of Congress were no different than the Chair, each one had questions off topic and directed to obstruct the work of Mr. Mueller and assassinate the Character of Mr. Strozok.

From Highlander, one of my favorite movies ever..... And, I so loved Freddie and mourn his death to this day. Such talent, gone.

I don't even know how many Jimmy buffets concerts I've been to. The tailgate parties are another show of their own.

Oh yeah? What comes after "searching for my lost shaker of salt"?

"Some people claim that there's a woman to blame,
But I know it's nobody's fault."

I got a shaker of salt at Margarettaville in New Orleans.

Wrong! :aargh:

It's "Where's the salt, where's the G-D salt?!" :aargh:

That's your version of it.....

I don't even know how many Jimmy buffets concerts I've been to. The tailgate parties are another show of their own.

I'm not alone in that. :rolleyes:

Freddie was one of the most gorgeous men who ever lived. He was too beautiful and talented to live a long life. He will live in the hearts of us who loved him though.

Well, I think Jimmy Buffett would disagree with you.

My favorite Eagles song. I've seen them in concert many times and once 4th row center stage.My heart broke when Glenn died.

Well, I think Jimmy Buffett would disagree with you.

Wrong!

Great tribute to Led. I was introduced to them in 1969 by my then boyfriend who just got back from Nam. he had a kick ass sound system, and some kick ass weed. We would listen to their album every night as we got stoned.

Oh, and yes, we both had full time jobs, so don't even go there.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back