What Chords?

If "the top" is where I think it is, it would be an F# major chord. Up there, lift your bird for minor.
If I'm playing an F and I leave my pointer finger where it is but I move all my other fingers down to the E B G D instead of the G B and E. Bar chords. So I keep my fingers in the exact same positions as F chord but move them all down. What are you saying that chord is? An F#?

You may have taught me something. I only know about lifting my pinky. I'll try lifting the bird finger and see what that sounds like.

When every sound is coming from a computer, it is NOT good music, Software is killing music today. No one knows real songcraft anymore. The drum beats are basic as fuck because, what the hell does this dipshit know about real drums and fills? He just pushes a couple buttons, plays it on a loop and calls it good. Then he makes one single guitar riff (probably with a computer too) and plays it on loop too. There is no bridge in the song, no creativity at all. Its all a bunch of formulaic horseshit and 100% autotuned. These are bullshit musicians.

This new age song writing is atrocious. I doubt that 1% of musicians today can even read music.

It's still a great hook. I've almost got the words memorized. Not the rap part just the hook and Morgan Wallen's part. Let's see if I can recall it without looking

Already I can't remember how it starts. Give me a second.

Ah yes

Put you up high upon a shelf I swear I'm thru with you
You so hard to leave alone it's always something new with you
Ain't no way to get her gone, gone, gone, so I guess I'm gonna tie one on.

She's so cold I had to pour you over ice
Way she got me locked down you'd think whisky was my wife
You so good I had to take you home and hit it twice
Two of you gon keep me up all night.

OH COME ON! That's fucking cool. I can't wait. I told my nephew to memorize the rappers part. That's too much for me. I just got the hook and this part. I'm 53 and my nephew and all his buddies think I'm cool/funny as hell. Usually that ends in high school but they still love me hanging out with them. Thank god.

It's still a great hook. I've almost got the words memorized. Not the rap part just the hook and Morgan Wallen's part. Let's see if I can recall it without looking

Already I can't remember how it starts. Give me a second.

Ah yes

Put you up high upon a shelf I swear I'm thru with you
You so hard to leave alone it's always something new with you
Ain't no way to get her gone, gone, gone, so I guess I'm gonna tie one on.

She's so cold I had to pour you over ice
Way she got me locked down you'd think whisky was my wife
You so good I had to take you home and hit it twice
Two of you gon keep me up all night.

OH COME ON! That's fucking cool. I can't wait. I told my nephew to memorize the rappers part. That's too much for me. I just got the hook and this part. I'm 53 and my nephew and all his buddies think I'm cool/funny as hell. Usually that ends in high school but they still love me hanging out with them. Thank god.
Its a nice little guitar riff. Its the best part of the song.

I have to admit, i watched that video longer than i probably should have. I was mesmerized by the funk that was pouring out of her soul. :laugh:

You just reminded me of this. Be careful. You can't unsee it.

I have to admit, i watched that video longer than i probably should have. I was mesmerized by the funk that was pouring out of her soul. :laugh:
She was much better than Goldie but still hard to watch. That woman is getting close to the age where she's not hot anymore. If a 20 something year old were doing what she was doing, I'd have a chubby. But she killed my boner. LOL> I have to go see it again damn you!

Omy, what's that riff I heard the other day?

You know who she reminds me of?

1724941685116.png

"I still don't really read music, to be honest with you. I read it like a six-year-old reads a book, which was adequate for sessions, and I can write it down, which is important.” -- Jimmy Page

I don't want tabs. I found tabs on Ultimate Guitar Tabs I just want the 2-4 chords that best suit this song. Please??? I only do Chords. I want to play and sing Morgan Wallen's part and my nephew will freestyle the rap part. So I just need the 2 or 3 chords I believe is all it takes.

Whiskey, whiskey, won't you go away?
Come again some other day
'Cause her memory came out to play
And I'm tired of it, tired of it

I don't wanna wonder where she been
She was here, now she gone again
Now it's me and all my whiskey friends
And I'm tired of it, tired of it

You listen to this auto-tuned crap? :badgrin:

I found the chords. F power chord then just move your hands down one. I forget what that power chord is called. One higher than if you were doing a B minor power chord. It’s not perfect but good enough. I can sing to it and it sounds right enough.

You stay on the F power chord the entire time till the very end where he sing “tired of it tired of it”
5ths

Forum List

Back