What defines a bigot?

There is absolutely no connection between being from the South and being a bigot or a racist. Everyone knows that the American South is well known for tolerance and human rights. Regardless of race, creed or sexual identity.

I am with you Sunshine. You are from the South. You must be fair minded.

ROFL subtle

Bet sunshine won't get it till someone explains.

I'm game...

Racism is the lowest, most crudely primitive form of collectivism. It is the notion of ascribing moral, social or political significance to a man’s genetic lineage—the notion that a man’s intellectual and characterological traits are produced and transmitted by his internal body chemistry. Which means, in practice, that a man is to be judged, not by his own character and actions, but by the characters and actions of a collective of ancestors.

Racism claims that the content of a man’s mind (not his cognitive apparatus, but its content) is inherited; that a man’s convictions, values and character are determined before he is born, by physical factors beyond his control. This is the caveman’s version of the doctrine of innate ideas—or of inherited knowledge—which has been thoroughly refuted by philosophy and science. Racism is a doctrine of, by and for brutes. It is a barnyard or stock-farm version of collectivism, appropriate to a mentality that differentiates between various breeds of animals, but not between animals and men.

Like every form of determinism, racism invalidates the specific attribute which distinguishes man from all other living species: his rational faculty. Racism negates two aspects of man’s life: reason and choice, or mind and morality, replacing them with chemical predestination.

Ayn Rand - “Racism,”
The Virtue of Selfishness, 126

LoneLaugher's sarcastic anti-Southern bigotry sounds more like racism than anything I've read from Sunshine.

You need to find them and post them. I was called a bigot for wanting Obama to keep his feet off the furniture. IMO, he owes it to the American public who pays for that expensive stuff to not trash it.

Of course, it doesn't take much around here. And the rules only go in one direction. But it is clear that the loving left, the doves, if you will hate people who are from the south, and people who have more education, and more money than they have. And that includes YOU! You and every other lib on here are bigots, so own it.

So..... you have no issue w/ black people?

Well, you say I do, so I am waiting with bated breath for you to post all those statements I have made.

toetap-1.gif

It is clear you have issues with a woman who is educated.

asked twice & deflected twice. :thup: I got my answer

So..... you have no issue w/ black people?

Well, you say I do, so I am waiting with bated breath for you to post all those statements I have made.

toetap-1.gif

It is clear you have issues with a woman who is educated.

asked twice & deflected twice. :thup: I got my answer

Uh, no. You asked an accusatory question without basis. You were asked to provide a basis which you have refused to do.

Why do you hate Lithuanian midgets?

Well, let's start of with the definition:

bigot (plural bigots)

One who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices.
One who is strongly partial to one's own group (e.g. religion, race, gender, political party, etc.) and is intolerant of those who differ.

In general, it is a word tossed around by the intolerant to blame those they disagree with. What the term encompasses, can be a massive variety of things.

Does Sunshine shut out the thoughts and ideas of others?
Is there no acceptance of different approaches?

Each and every one of us can be labeled a bigot at one time or another in our daily lives. Do we dislike the way the person next to us drives and blames it on being a "woman driver"? That's a form of bigotry.

How about those who sneer at a group of people going to church? Another form of bigotry.

So, as a very wise man once said, He who is guiltless should throw the first stone." Or something to that effect.

There is absolutely no connection between being from the South and being a bigot or a racist. Everyone knows that the American South is well known for tolerance and human rights. Regardless of race, creed or sexual identity.

I am with you Sunshine. You are from the South. You must be fair minded.

ROFL subtle

Bet sunshine won't get it till someone explains.

Hehe. Yeah, I know a black man who hails from Mississippi. He is married to a white woman. When they go back there to visit his family, they are very careful and watch their backs. I wonder why.

Well, let's start of with the definition:

bigot (plural bigots)

One who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices.
One who is strongly partial to one's own group (e.g. religion, race, gender, political party, etc.) and is intolerant of those who differ.

In general, it is a word tossed around by the intolerant to blame those they disagree with. What the term encompasses, can be a massive variety of things.

Does Sunshine shut out the thoughts and ideas of others?
Is there no acceptance of different approaches?

Each and every one of us can be labeled a bigot at one time or another in our daily lives. Do we dislike the way the person next to us drives and blames it on being a "woman driver"? That's a form of bigotry.

How about those who sneer at a group of people going to church? Another form of bigotry.

So, as a very wise man once said, He who is guiltless should throw the first stone." Or something to that effect.

Hehe. Thank you for this: A bigot is: one who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices. One who is strongly partial to one's own group (e.g. religion, race, gender, political party, etc.) and is intolerant of those who differ.

So when I say that someone who neg reps me because I disagree with them, even when I present sources to back up what I'm saying, and who goes further to call me a stupid bitch in the private message that goes along with the negative rep...when I say that person is a bigot, I am actually right on. : )

If the shoe fits, wear it. : )

Originally Posted by Sunshine

So, what are the defining qualities of a bigot? This got posted to me/about me yesterday on another thread. And this poster isn't the only one who does it, and it is generally leftists who make this kind of post. So why is it still politically correct to slam people from Kentucky? How is this more correct than making fun of any other group?

Originally Posted by JoeB131

Well, Golly, Mary-sue, you wuz a lawyer in Keeeen-tucky? I bet they had the court right down in Uncle Cleetus's barn..... weeee---haaaa....

JoeB isn't the only one. Others have made similar posts.

If one makes broad generalizations laced with malice about people, one is a bigot.

JoeB is a bigot based on his well established hatred of Mormons.

Forum List

Back