What does "META" really mean???

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Zuckerberg changed Facebook to "META".
Definition:

adjective​

1. Making or showing awareness of reference to oneself or to the activity that is taking place, especially in an ironic or comic way.
  2. Self-referential; at a higher level
Or
Informal : showing or suggesting an explicit awareness of itself or oneself as a member of its category : cleverly self-referential

The way I think of it, you have a book.

The table of contents is the "meta" part that references the rest of the book.

I think they've been reading Snowcrash at Facebook. By Neal Stephenson, a very popular sci-fi that tells of the "Metaverse" in which people live a parallel life as much as they like, inhabiting self-designed avatars.

It's was adopted by the Ready Player One author and William Gibson in Neuromancer introduced the basic idea as "Cyberspace." And his Count Zero developed it further. My understanding is that this is what they want to make, a Metaverse. Good idea, maybe, if they can do it.

Well, obviously, it pertains to censoring and book-burning.....

Chairman zuck is as dedicated to oppression as his communist idols were.... don't let that skinny fuck-me-like-a-little-girl look fool you....

Last edited:
Zuckerberg changed Facebook to "META".
Definition:

adjective​

1. Making or showing awareness of reference to oneself or to the activity that is taking place, especially in an ironic or comic way.
  2. Self-referential; at a higher level
Or
Informal : showing or suggesting an explicit awareness of itself or oneself as a member of its category : cleverly self-referential
I thought that they were telling us that they has merged with big government.

Forum List

Back