What does our flag mean to you?

Billo_Really

Litre of the Band
Aug 14, 2005
Long Beach, Ca
When you see our flag flying in the wind, what does that mean to you? What kind of visceral reaction do you have when you see our flag flown high and above in the wind?

I was watching recently, The Last Castle with Robert Redford. The big scene at the end of the movie was whether he was going to fly the flag upside down or not. In the scene, he chose to fly it right side up. And when I saw that, I was so proud to be an American that it is hard to describe into words.

What does our flag mean to you? What emotions does it conjure up when you see it flying in the breeze?

To me it represents freedom,.civil liberties and is a reminder of so many who sacrificed their lives for these values. If only you would demand the same of your allies..

America is finished now. The Flag should be retired. Criminals & Forigen influence have fully captured the US GOVT (Raiding the US Treasury since ~2007, Destroying American Childrens future). Communist BLM, ANTIFA a tool for unrest. Criminals set free to offend over & over. Political Prioners captured held & tortured.

But you have to feel some good in the fact that the great Orange Man Bad did not suceed!

& that's where my american pride kicks in full gear. the constitution & institutions held.

for now. however after the oathkeepers have been getting nailed for seditious conspiracy that can carry 20 years; & now the proudboys are on trial ....- those are the boots. but me thinx karma's coming to a whole buncha suits. & one with a long red tie.

karma-image-buddhist-cartoon_orig.jpg

America is finished now. The Flag should be retired. Criminals & Forigen influence have fully captured the US GOVT (Raiding the US Treasury since ~2007, Destroying American Childrens future). Communist BLM, ANTIFA a tool for unrest. Criminals set free to offend over & over. Political Prioners captured held & tortured.
Yeah, but when you see that flag flying, what is your first reaction to that?

When you see our flag flying in the wind, what does that mean to you? What kind of visceral reaction do you have when you see our flag flown high and above in the wind?

I was watching recently, The Last Castle with Robert Redford. The big scene at the end of the movie was whether he was going to fly the flag upside down or not. In the scene, he chose to fly it right side up. And when I saw that, I was so proud to be an American that it is hard to describe into words.

What does our flag mean to you? What emotions does it conjure up when you see it flying in the breeze?
A flag is nothing but a colored bit of cloth

To me personally it's a pretty piece of cloth. The trappings of nationalism have their purposes but they are only symbols. Far more important is the country and people these symbols represent. I need no flags or anthems to feel love for this country. Compulsive nationalism is a thing of authoritarians and despots.

Forum List

Back