What ever happened to "Compassionate Conservatism"?

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
Remember when Bush made the phrase popular? Compassionate Conservatism?

Then he kind of ruined it when he took us into war with equipment so old soldiers were making their own armor out in the field. Then Republicans was so embarrassed they ordered soldiers to stop making their own armor. It was less embarrassing if the soldiers died.

Iraq-Bound Troops Confront Rumsfeld Over Lack of Armor

Rumsfeld quizzed on armor shortage

Bush: Soldiers’ equipmentgripes heard

Then there is the war on healthcare and women's rights and civil rights.

The Bush tax cuts for the rich.

It was only a month ago the GOP used 9 million sick and disabled children as a political bargaining CHIP.

Now they are attacking children who are afraid of being shot in school. And who does the GOP side with? The killers, of course.

Notice the GOP no longer pretends to be compassionate?

I just heard a student talking about this movement being about compassion. Something Republicans don't even pretend to have any longer. Those days are gone.

So how will Republicans sway those millions of new voters to join the GOP?

Republicans don't seem to be able to make them any more scared than they are now. And it's the Republicans who are making them scared.

Then he kind of ruined it when he took us into war with equipment so old soldiers were making their own armor out in the field. Then Republicans was so embarrassed they ordered soldiers to stop making their own armor. It was less embarrassing if the soldiers died.

It was only a month ago the GOP used 9 million sick and disabled children as a political bargaining CHIP.

Now they are attacking children who are afraid of being shot in school. And who does the GOP side with? The killers, of course.

I just heard a student talking about this movement being about compassion. Something Republicans don't even pretend to have any longer. Those days are gone.

Republicans don't seem to be able to make them any more scared than they are now. And it's the Republicans who are making them scared.
Gone with the Bushes. No, where the hell is the party of Kennedy. You know, "Don't ask what your country can do for you,.."

• Banned

Gone with the Bushes. No, where the hell is the party of Kennedy. You know, "Don't ask what your country can do for you,.."
Democrats understand that:

Equal pay for equal work
Healthcare
Education
Volunteering
and marching against Russian Owned Republicans

are

all good for America. Republicans want to do what's best for Russia. Don't ask me why. Cuz I don't know.

Heck, I remember when the GOP was the party for Conservatives. I am shocked people still use conservative and GOP in the same sentence.

war on healthcare, women's rights, civil rights, !!!!
sure there is ....haha you are worse than the MSM spouting crap
this is CRAP
..AGAIN, you provide 0 proof of the crap you post
when you start providing ''evidence'', then we can have a logical discussion

• Banned
Heck, I remember when the GOP was the party for Conservatives. I am shocked people still use conservative and GOP in the same sentence.
Now, it seems like they are the party of the Wild, Wild West. Every man for himself. Man overboard, so what? Sick children? Not my problem. Children shot dead? Send the shooter money for his defense.

• Banned
war on healthcare, women's rights, civil rights, !!!!
sure there is ....haha you are worse than the MSM spouting crap
this is CRAP
..AGAIN, you provide 0 proof of the crap you post
when you start providing ''evidence'', then we can have a logical discussion
Equal pay for equal work. Who did Democrats have to fight to get there through? Other Democrats?

Healthcare? Seriously?

It's not Democrats protecting Russian Minions.

In fact, it was the GOP who recently used sick and disabled children to pass their lurid agenda. The Senate majority leader even sent out a tweet about it.

5337-1516508936-102951362ab9aabf650f4cd34d476d9b.jpg

Republicans are so brainwashed, the no matter how much proof you throw in their faces, they still can't see it. They refuse to see the evidence. That's how well the brain washing worked.

Forum List

Back