Scientists Discover a Self-Replicating Protein Structure, And It Could Have Built The First Life on

I think I understand the issue you're having.

You don't know what "random" means
No, the issue is that you are unable to cite a source that states chaotic systems are not deterministic.
Randomness is a perceptual thing, it has to do with SCALE. Things that seem random at one scale may be distinctly non random at another.

(This is why we have a Law of Large Numbers).

Let's be specific and apply math to the question. First of all, we need a measure. "How random is it"? Such measures exist. There's lots of versions of them. Renyi spent half a lifetime studying the asymptotes of those measures.

Randomness is not a "property", it's an assumption. The assumption lets us do a little convenient math, which is to say, description of relationships.
The assumption is whether the system is deterministic or not, whether it be random or chaotic follows from that.
Now tell me this:

Is the roll of a pair of dice "random", or is it chaotic?
That depends on whether it is deterministic or not.
How about this: if you put a ball at the very top of a mountain and it starts rolling downhill, is the direction random or is it chaotic?
If you have a qubit that collapses, is the final state random or is it chaotic?

No, the issue is that you are unable to cite a source that states chaotic systems are not deterministic.

I just gave you half a dozen, little troll.

You think you're smarter than Hausdorff and Renyi?

Go read the Wikipedia article, then come back and apologize

The assumption is whether the system is deterministic or not, whether it be random or chaotic follows from that.

You're being an ass.

Are you serious?

Now you're just being an idiot.

Stop with the bullshit, 'kay?

No one has time for silly word games.

If you think the roll of dice is deterministic, then PREDICT THE OUTCOME.
Neither random nor chaotic systems are predictable. I explained this to you already that chaos is unpredictable but not random, why do I understand this better than you...
If you can't do that, STFU and stop with the idiotic word games.
Temper, temper.

Forum List

Back