What happens after the US strikes Syria?

CrazedScotsman

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2012
What will happen after the US strikes Syria?

If/When the United States hits Syria with a few Cruise Missiles, I think Syria is going to retaliate against Israel. If that happens, what does the United States do? What will Israel do? If Israel strikes back at Syria, what do those countries around Israel do?

I hope Obama thinks this through.

Good question. Are we talking about revenge? Who are the targets? The president already said he would not initiate a regime change so what's the point? Save face by killing a couple dozen civilians and call it a victory? Even the UN is against it.

Unknown. I have a feeling nothing will happen except that a lot money will be wasted and a lot of people will be killed. I had a bad feeling before but now I'm starting to reconsider. Either way, it shouldn't be done. Very hard to say right now because we don't know what kind negotiations are underway through back channels. People tend to run their mouths but when the shit hits the fan the shut up.

What if the Russians move the Chem weapons back into Iraq, and none can be found in Syria?
No matter which side wins, they will turn on us, right?
How long after we win, do you figure before Syria kicks us out?
Kinda makes one wonder about all of the effort both Bush's went into building coalitions, as compared to Vacation Barbie, I mean Vacation Barry. Is there a transgender Vacation Barry doll that I could pick up cheap?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good question. Are we talking about revenge? Who are the targets? The president already said he would not initiate a regime change so what's the point? Save face by killing a couple dozen civilians and call it a victory? Even the UN is against it.

Bingo.

If/When the United States hits Syria with a few Cruise Missiles, I think Syria is going to retaliate against Israel. If that happens, what does the United States do? What will Israel do? If Israel strikes back at Syria, what do those countries around Israel do?

No idea one thing is for sure Obama miscalculated what Syria would do when he threw down his red line lets hope he learned from that mistake.

Hezbollah attacks US targets, Sunnis attack Shia and Shia militias enter Syria to assist the regime there. Iran is a strong backer of the Syrian regime and may enter if we hit Syria. Under the table Baghdad assists the regime in Syria.
IOW all hell breaks loose.
We should have never invaded Iraq as all that did was make Iran more powerful.

I hope he does too. Your question is both relevant and unknowable.

Hawks are pushing for a regime change. Obama isn't. Obama is not even going to hit Syria with an attack.
Mark my words.
Obama will not seek a regime change there and will take no actions to do so.
Do not know where you good folks get your info. This is a no brainer.

Obama has stepped in some serious shit on this one. Shot off his mouth, thinking the whole world would fall in line just because he's Barack. I think he's about to get his ass handed to him.

It's probably a false flag deal anyway, and he probably only intends to use a limited strike to weaken the Assad regime to give the MB an advantage, but he'll suffer internationally and at home if it escalates.

Spit balls maybe, nothing more. Oh sure, we will fly some planes over and maybe some cruise missles.
But at what?
Syrians have been hiding their shit for how many days now?
There will be no attack on Syria.

I say don't bomb Syria. Washington can't save the world, but it can make things worse.

Where were all the Republican lemmings when Bush turned Iraq into the biggest foreign policy disaster US History? Where were these questions? He bankrupted the US, destroyed the oil market, and created the likelihood of serious blowback.

Our problem is that nobody holds their own party accountable.

I say don't bomb Syria. Washington can't save the world, but it can make things worse.

Where were all the Republican lemmings when Bush turned Iraq into the biggest foreign policy disaster US History? Where were these questions? He bankrupted the US, destroyed the oil market, and created the likelihood of serious blowback.

Speaking of holding ones own party accountable where war all the anti war protesters? Where is Cindy Sheehan? You would think she and they would be front and center on this.

The Left's last stand was when they denied LBJ a 2nd term because of Vietnam. After that they became republican lite

Biggest foreign policy disaster. Try Vietnam. Oil industry isn't destroyed. Nat gas and oil are expanding. The US is about to over take the saudi fields in about seven years.

Forum List

Back