What is "Social Justice?"

What? I'll be damned before I'm dragged kicking and screaming anywhere, son. Not by the likes of you conformist, eurocentric liberals anyhow. And from here on out, you'd better leave my grandfather out of this? Got it?

That's what the segregationists said and look at how their self-righteous battle against social justice turned out. People like you are always on the wrong side of history uselessly fighting to keep the same social divisions and scapegoats as your parents, at least you will mostly die of old age soon and you can't take the world with you when you go.

"People like me" huh? Is this your form of social justice? Stereotypes? I am never ever going to be on the wrong side of history, but you sir, are on the wrong side of the argument. If you want to speak of social divisions, look what far left democrats like you have done between the secular and the religious, the straight and the gay, the black and the white. And you preach to me about engendering social division?

You barked up the wrong tree pal.

These social divisions you speak of only exist because the bigoted white christian patriarchy drew a line between themselves and others and attempted to keep them separate from the same rights and opportunity they felt entitled to. Yes, you are on the wrong side of history, the living-in-the-past conservative always is and has always wrongly predicted disaster from letting their scapegoats have the same rights and privileges they have. "People like you" should be self explanatory, you know how you are, always personally insulted that the world does not seem to go as you wish and the wrong people walking around as if they are as good as you are.

Last edited:
What is "Social Justice?"
Enforcement of the Bill of Rights within the constitution.

The first 10 amendments, aka the Bill of Rights, are actually restrictions and limits on the fed... not something that government enforces against one citizen because of another
Well, there are some fundamental liberties that we take for granted such as freedom of Religion and the right to bear arms. There are many places around the world where you cannot enjoy these freedoms. You could even get killed for belonging to the wrong faith.

Here we do have the Bill of Rights, but we need to enforce it. That for me is social justice. For instance one should not have to choose between giving up his faith or going to jail. We've seen this recently with the baker that was forced by a judge to bake gay wedding cakes even though it falls in conflict with his faith.

The first 10 amendments, aka the Bill of Rights, are actually restrictions and limits on the fed... not something that government enforces against one citizen because of another
Well, there are some fundamental liberties that we take for granted such as freedom of Religion and the right to bear arms. There are many places around the world where you cannot enjoy these freedoms. You could even get killed for belonging to the wrong faith.

Here we do have the Bill of Rights, but we need to enforce it. That for me is social justice. For instance one should not have to choose between giving up his faith or going to jail. We've seen this recently with the baker that was forced by a judge to bake gay wedding cakes even though it falls in conflict with his faith.

It is only enforceable against the government... not against citizenry.. they are limits for the government.. not some social justice contract.. there is indeed NO mention or even hint of 'social justice' within the constitution

What is social justice?

I am not sure I can define it but I sure as hell know when I'm not getting it.

Gay wedding cakes?

Such a weak argument. Have you actually given that subject some thought? What crazy things could someone do.....or refuse to do....in the name of their faith?

What on earth is "Social Justice?" What does it mean to you? Why does the left want to advance this idea?

a political correct way to justify the expropriation of your property or in lain words - a leftard's bullshit to take away what does not belong to them and what they did not earn

How the heck did you come to that conclusion?
I believe that social justice should allow for fundamental liberties such as freedom of religion as well as freedom to keep and bear arms.
These fundamental liberties were explicitly recognized soon after the Philadelphia Convention.

Why the advocacy for social justice since then?
We need to enforce them is why. Look at the case with the baker in Colorado that risks jail time for not baking gay wedding cakes. He has to choose between renouncing his faith or going to jail. The judge even acknowledged that baking the gay wedding cakes would be in conflict with his faith, but nonetheless still ordered him to bake the cakes.

What on earth is "Social Justice?" What does it mean to you? Why does the left want to advance this idea?

Social justice is an example of authoritarians making arbitrary decisions about the beliefs and actions of other people. With these judgments, they form ideas about how to make those who they deem (through arbitrary authoritarian decision making) suffering from injustice of other humans, and try to implement restrictions and/or rewards for groups through the legislative process to get their 'vision' of a socially 'just' society into existence.

It's simply a backdoor to authoritarian demands in the name of societal equality.

Social Justice is the act of punishing someone who has not committed a crime but yet needs some kind of action to make them do something they don't want to do or stop doing something they do want to do.

Social justice is part of the entitlement mentality. If you do not want to give your money to someone, social justice approves them taking it from you whether or not that taking is against the law.

Social justice in action.

Dad doesn't buy his kid an Iphone. Legal justice is not available to the teen. He takes social justice in hand.

Teen Arrested For Pulling Knife on Dad After Not Getting iPhone for Xmas

Legal justice cannot compel a man to agree to a color scheme for a wedding. Social justice is available.

Wedding Color Scheme Argument Leads To SC Stabbing « CBS Charlotte

Social justice taken over who should get the apple fritter.
Christmas night fight between sisters over apple fritters ends in stabbing - News - Ohio

Social justice give minorities the right to decapitate those they don't like.
Teen Charged With Decapitating Man In NW Side Apartment « CBS Chicago

Legally people have to pay to get into a movie theater. Social justice is the substitute.

Five people arrested after Florida movie theater melee that involved around 600 people | abc13.com

Gay wedding cakes?

Such a weak argument. Have you actually given that subject some thought? What crazy things could someone do.....or refuse to do....in the name of their faith?
When you have to choose between baking gay wedding cakes or going to jail, that is not social justice. The judge in this case acknowledged that baking the gay wedding cake would be in conflict with the baker's faith. However he still ordered him to bake the cakes. The baker has since said that he will likely go to jail than abandon his faith.

This is not social justice.

Gay wedding cakes?

When you have to choose between baking gay wedding cakes or going to jail, that is not social justice. The judge in this case acknowledged that baking the gay wedding cake would be in conflict with the baker's faith. However he still ordered him to bake the cakes. The baker has since said that he will likely go to jail than abandon his faith.

That is ridiculous.

There is nothing gay about a cake. The customer is gay. This asshole does not wish to serve a person because his "faith" supposedly discriminates against gay people. I am not a religious person....but I am pretty sure that your god is the one who is supposed to levy the punishment for "sinners".

Again....consider all religions known to man. Are you prepared to permit every religious tenet to trump our established rule of law? Of course you are not.

Gay wedding cakes?

It is not about going to jail.. but the government pandering by LAWSUIT allowing social 'justice' to be seen by hearing a lawsuit in the matter BETWEEN PERSONS.. social justice is payment for subjective criteria of who hurts who's feelings or who just says no to you

Gay wedding cakes?

That is ridiculous.

There is nothing gay about a cake. The customer is gay. This asshole does not wish to serve a person because his "faith" supposedly discriminates against gay people. I am not a religious person....but I am pretty sure that your god is the one who is supposed to levy the punishment for "sinners".

Again....consider all religions known to man. Are you prepared to permit every religious tenet to trump our established rule of law? Of course you are not.

A wedding cake with a same sex couple decorating the top is gay. A baker should be able to not serve anyone he chooses. That's called freedom.

Gay wedding cakes?

it is a classic example of INjustice by the government

The issue is something a s vast and complex as social justice and GAY WEDDING CAKES becomes the issue?

Holy smokes~ some of you people are imbeciles

Forum List

Back