What is the most efficiently run agency/department in the U.S. federal government?

Dayton3

Gold Member
May 3, 2009
I was curious about this question so I did a google search. Curiously NASA came up several times as the most efficiently (or one of the most efficiently) run large department in the federal govt. I was surprised as it seems that historically they've had programs with massive cost overruns and delays similar to the Pentagon.

What do people say here and why?

bureaucracy is the enemy of efficiency. Bureaucracies are not designed to be efficient, they are designed to be reliable.

I was curious about this question so I did a google search. Curiously NASA came up several times as the most efficiently (or one of the most efficiently) run large department in the federal govt. I was surprised as it seems that historically they've had programs with massive cost overruns and delays similar to the Pentagon.

such an agency doesnt exist,, sorry,,

1615561481979.png

Th one that doesn't exist.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

TVA. Providing power, flood control, navigation supporting commercial river transportation, conservation and recreational benefits, with sound management, but putting money back in the federal coffers every year.

Hmm....I personally believe that the most "efficient" department in government is the "department of bribes from the Lobbyists" 0ver on K Street

Is this a trick question? NONE OF THEM....

TVA. Providing power, flood control, navigation supporting commercial river transportation, conservation and recreational benefits, with sound management, but putting money back in the federal coffers every year.

Thank you. First serious answer in nine replies.

The TVA is awesome, but they are a federal corporation.
IDK if you would call that a dept or not.

USPS. Shipped live animals and fragile fruits for many years

Created as a Federal program, now a self sustaining federal program, proving what can be done by government for the benefit of the citizens, not tied directly to creating corporate profits for selected private entities. I grew up 35 miles from Kentucky Dam. They built Barkley dam just a few miles away, providing more power, flood control and navigation on the Cumberland and creating the Land Between the Lake recreational area, where I have camped, hiked, explored numerous times on my own and with my family, as well as with the Boy Scouts of America. Always liked TVA. TVA, More Power To Ya!

Created as a Federal program, now a self sustaining federal program, proving what can be done by government for the benefit of the citizens, not tied directly to creating corporate profits for selected private entities. I grew up 35 miles from Kentucky Dam. They built Barkley dam just a few miles away, providing more power, flood control and navigation on the Cumberland and creating the Land Between the Lake recreational area, where I have camped, hiked, explored numerous times on my own and with my family, as well as with the Boy Scouts of America. Always liked TVA. TVA, More Power To Ya!
I camp at LBL several times a year. I buy the year long pass. I love riding the forest roads too.

bureaucracy is the enemy of efficiency. Bureaucracies are not designed to be efficient, they are designed to be reliable.
Nothing like freezing to death in Texas cuz government wanted to go green

Yea, we know, Republicans done it.

Thanks for that.

Social Security Insurance and Medicare Insurance which is why profiteers want to own them. Hands off I say!

Forum List

Back