What is "woke"? And what is the opposite of "woke"?

frigidweirdo

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2014

"aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)"

"Aware of the injustice of the social system in which one lives: "

"Someone who is woke is very aware of social and political unfairness."

So, woke is someone who is aware or attentive to political matters around them, especially unfairness, social injustices.

So, the opposite, people who are not "woke" are people who are totally unaware of what is happening around them. The opposite of "woke" is "ignorant".

"aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)"

So, woke is someone who is aware or attentive to political matters around them, especially unfairness, social injustices.

So, the opposite, people who are not "woke" are people who are totally unaware of what is happening around them. The opposite of "woke" is "ignorant".
Idiot premise = Idiot thread

The opposite of "woke" is "ignorant".

No, the opposite of "woke" is actually ...

Sleep-pretty-1024x768.jpg

Nobody wants to be woke ...

woke-up-before-your-alarm-stay-awake-dont-go-back-sleep.1280x600.jpg

It's one of those fuzzy - wuzzy things.

It's good to know history of minority struggle for equality and understanding biases, but some people take it over the top and think everything is about racism/sexism, all the time.

Woke is finding out about the Tulsa Race Massacre at the age of 50+ and realizing that you were never taught that there was a Tulsa Race Massacre while you were in school for 20+ years.
There are tons of things never taught in school. Much of what is taught is lies.

"I can't define 'obscenity,' but I know it when I see it."

A quotation attributed to a Supreme Court justice some decades ago.

So I can't define "woke," but I know it when I see it.

For example, using a non-Caucasian (female) actor to play Snow White.

Or maybe even letting a male actor play Snow White.

"I can't define 'obscenity,' but I know it when I see it."

A quotation attributed to a Supreme Court justice some decades ago.

So I can't define "woke," but I know it when I see it.

For example, using a non-Caucasian (female) actor to play Snow White.

Or maybe even letting a male actor play Snow White.

And I think this is the first problem.

People who just "know" things. They've done no research, put no effort into finding out about it, and yet believe they're an absolute freaking genius and they must be right.

The one thing I've learned while being on forums like this is that what I thought I knew is almost certainly wrong.

Lots of words like this:
"Genocide" is another one that 99% of people have no clue what it means, but they're geniuses so they "know" what it means.

So, woke is someone who is aware or attentive to political matters around them, especially unfairness, social injustices
No. Woke means someone with no sense of reality, values or morals. Someone who believe in equity over equality.
So, the opposite, people who are not "woke" are people who are totally unaware of what is happening around them. The opposite of "woke" is "ignorant
The opposite of woke is Traditional.

No. Woke means someone with no sense of reality, values or morals. Someone who believe in equity over equality.

The opposite of woke is Traditional.

Except all the dictionaries say something different.

This is a case of irony.

People who aren't "woke" are people who don't pay attention to things, and they just decide that "woke" means something else, because they're all too lazy to bother reading a dictionary.

The more agendas you force the less people will do. The more expensive what is produced will be. We survive on foreign slaves. We have people who are venomous towards the American people on white privilege of all backgrounds who make money by the boatload on foreign slaves.

Woke is what needs to be eliminated, which basically also defines the opposite of woke.

The more agendas you force the less people will do. The more expensive what is produced will be. We survive on foreign slaves. We have people who are venomous towards the American people on white privilege of all backgrounds who make money by the boatload on foreign slaves.

Not at all.
People will follow. It's what people do. China proves this. Psychology proves this. Get everyone doing the same thing, being on the same page and you'll get everyone moving in the same direction.

Woke is pretending to be outraged over someing when it's advantageous for you to do so and believing you are right about everything and everyone else is wrong. Woke is simply another word for arrogant.

And the opposite is NOT BEING AN A-HOLE.

Yes, and too much of either sucks out loud.

Liberal Dictionary:
====================================
Woke - Brainwashed, retarded, braindead.

The opposite of woke is pretty much the 90s to early 2000s.

People made fun of everyone equally without hang ups, tv shows and movies were made by people who didn't care about what was the popular trend and just made what they wanted, the news wasn't full of some agenda to be pushed as bad, America as a whole loved America and remembered it's history and wanted a strong country they could be proud of, criminals were treated like criminals, racism was slowly on it's way out the door, and so on.

Forum List

Back